SNES Classic Discussion Thread

When US pre-orders go live

sub-buzz-11529-1466450624-1.jpg

Just give us your office number. If preorders go up we'll call in with a "family emergency" so you have an excuse to dip out
Ahhh if only! I got my UK order locked down but I really want the US one (like the 10,000 other people currently waiting). My luck it'll pop the second step into the conference room.

Holy crap, that Amazon Italy listing sold out at light speed. If the US ones ever come up I'm not sure I have the dexterity to hit the preorder button fast enough to secure one. This is nutso
Same, Ive been glued to my phone and barely getting enuf sleep the last couple of nights and its probably all for nothing...
mjcry1.png

I've been considering signing up for Amazon prime the past few months, to be able to watch some of the shows on there. And the free shipping would be nice.

Now, based on their history selling the NES only to prime members, I probably should up and do it now in case the SNES preorder is locked to prime

Last edited by a moderator:
What up, Vanilla Face?

My neighbor is a pain in my assholes. I get SNES, he get SNES Classic. Everyone know it for girls!

I've been considering signing up for Amazon prime the past few months, to be able to watch some of the shows on there. And the free shipping would be nice.

Now, based on their history selling the NES only to prime members, I probably should up and do it now in case the SNES preorder is locked to prime
I recently got off my brother's Amazon account and got my own. Worth every penny.

Don't they have a monthly option now? You could just sign up for a month as a precaution, in case it is Prime only.

This would be amazing. There are some good Sega CD & Saturn games that would be fun to play again or for the first time....
My dream is for one company to get the rights to release a legitimate system that plays a bunch of the different CD based games (Neo Geo, Jaguar, etc...). But, heck I'll just take one that plays Sega CD/Saturn/Dreamcast and call it a day.

It's not really "free" if you're paying $100 for it.

Same, Ive been glued to my phone and barely getting enuf sleep the last couple of nights and its probably all for nothing...
mjcry1.png
I feel you. I've been staring at a screen since these were announced and yet I'm sure I'll be in the bathroom or something the second it goes live.

Don't they have a monthly option now? You could just sign up for a month as a precaution, in case it is Prime only.
Interesting thought. Might just sign up for a month or two, watch the handful of shows I'm interested in, and hopefully score an SNES.

Interesting thought. Might just sign up for a month or two, watch the handful of shows I'm interested in, and hopefully score an SNES.
Check out Jean-Claude Van Johnson. It's hilarious. Only the pilot is on there now but the season is coming in a month or so I think. I forget the exact date.

could we buy more than 1?  I want to have 2 just for me, not going to resell.  Also, kind of disappointed the masterpiece Chrono Trigger isn't on here but this is seriously the greatest collection of games ever assembled.

C'mon, Best Buy or Amazon! 48 hours of this so far waking up in the middle of the night multiple times and checking the links every hour or so throughout the day. Just put the damn preorders up already. Can you imagine if they dont put them up till August or September? Its a possibility.....

You guys losing sleep over this is another level lol. Hopefully it goes up today at some point but after 5pm, RL needs their hero back. ;)

A few of us will get lucky and get one of these but probably only 5%. The rest of us may as well be hoping that the scalpers have mercy on our wallets & only want double retail.

I hope you guys are planning to go through this every day for the next 3 months. Clearly Nintendo is doing what they can to stop U.S. retailers from putting up preorders. If you think that makes no sense, stop and remind yourselves that we're talking about Nintendo.

Justified is one of my first Prime projects. I've always wanted to watch and heard fantastic things about it
Off topic yet again, I know. But my former artist rapped on the theme song.

I still haven't watched more than a couple episodes but I heard good things to, heh.

The frustrating thing is that they enabled international shipping a few minutes ago but it went out of stock while I was trying to checkout.
Of course they did. I kept trying to see if they would allow shipping to the U.S. but it went OOS like two minutes after. :whistle2:(

A few of us will get lucky and get one of these but probably only 5%. The rest of us may as well be hoping that the scalpers have mercy on our wallets & only want double retail.
there will not be a single listing under $300. If the snes classic gets discontinued, you're looking at $600 at least. This is on a whole nother level and I'd gladly pay triple price to have it whereas I couldn't care less about the nes classic. Many of us 80s kids grew up with the SNES and were too young to remember much of the NES. Those of us now have a ton of disposable income because we are in our early 30s. The nes generation is probably now in their early 40s and don't care as much about games. This will be insanity.

C'mon, Best Buy or Amazon! 48 hours of this so far waking up in the middle of the night multiple times and checking the links every hour or so throughout the day. Just put the damn preorders up already. Can you imagine if they dont put them up till August or September? Its a possibility.....
This is gonna make you crazy AND isn't enough. When they come up they'll be gone within a few minutes.

bread's done
Back