SNES Classic Discussion Thread

there will not be a single listing under $300. If the snes classic gets discontinued, you're looking at $600 at least. This is on a whole nother level and I'd gladly pay triple price to have it whereas I couldn't care less about the nes classic. Many of us grew up with the SNES classic and were too young to remember much of the NES. Those of us now have a ton of disposable income because we are in our early 30s. The nes generation is probably now in their late 30s and don't care as much about games. This will be insanity.
*If* it gets discontinued? Nintendo has already stated they are limiting production on these types of consoles. However I think $600 is on the extreme side. Can't you buy an old SNES with a lot of those games for less?

Last edited by a moderator:
there will not be a single listing under $300. If the snes classic gets discontinued, you're looking at $600 at least. This is on a whole nother level and I'd gladly pay triple price to have it whereas I couldn't care less about the nes classic. Many of us 80s kids grew up with the SNES and were too young to remember much of the NES. Those of us now have a ton of disposable income because we are in our early 30s. The nes generation is probably now in their early 40s and don't care as much about games. This will be insanity.
I'm the "NES generation." I don't have an NES classic and don't care. Most of its games aged poorly. The SNES Classic is a way better value and I've already got a UK preorder in and looking for a US model as well. I agree, the demand on this one's going to be a lot higher because the games actually held up and I can actually picture myself playing them.

I'm the "NES generation." I don't have an NES classic and don't care. Most of its games aged poorly. The SNES Classic is a way better value and I've already got a UK preorder in and looking for a US model as well. I agree, the demand on this one's going to be a lot higher because the games actually held up and I can actually picture myself playing them.
Yeah, the games hold up a lot better. Still got an NES Classic (great way to play old games when I get the urge vs. plugging in NES and blowing) but way more excited for SNES Classic. Star Fox 1 is finally back, and Star Fox 2 first time evar. Also some games I never played on SNES. And can play Super Metroid on yet another system. Always nice.

Wait....you guys are actually not sleeping over this?

I thought that's what the alerts and the Discord are for; to alert us when it's available?

Sleep with your phone's sound on so you can wake up when you hear the alert!

*If* it gets discontinued? Nintendo has already stated they are limiting production on these types of consoles. However I think $600 is on the extreme side. Can't you buy an old SNES with a lot of those games for less?
Trust me, $600 is not extreme. The nes classic was going for $400 when it got discontinued. It eventually stabilized but this console is a million times more desirable than the nes classic.

I'm sure you can buy the console and games for less but it will most likely be old and cost you almost as much, not to mention be inconvenient

I thought that's what the alerts and the Discord are for; to alert us when it's available?

I usually don't get email alerts until long after the products are sold out, if I get them at all. It's definitely not as foolproof as staying up for as long as you can. I don't have $500 to spend on one of these later so this is basically my only shot, I don't want to miss it lol

Im sleeping but waking up every hour or so like I have a newborn loool I wish they would give us a set time as to when they will go live :/

This reminds me of Final Fantasy XI; waiting for a notorious monster to spawn, but it only spawns once every 24 hours. There's 5 spots it can spawn, and you can't cover them all at the same time. If you ain't quick enough to the punch, someone else might claim it. And even if you are fast enough, the drop rate is so horrible that you're better off using that time working on something more stable (i.e. a totally boring and normal job) so you'll have the funds to buy it off one of the lucky few who actually gets one.

I loved wasting time waiting around for those guys to pop. The THRILL!!!

This reminds me of Final Fantasy XI; waiting for a notorious monster to spawn, but it only spawns once every 24 hours. There's 5 spots it can spawn, and you can't cover them all at the same time. If you ain't quick enough to the punch, someone else might claim it. And even if you are fast enough, the drop rate is so horrible that you're better off using that time working on something more stable (i.e. a totally boring and normal job) so you'll have the funds to buy it off one of the lucky few who actually gets one.

Lizzie and those frickin boots!

I usually don't get email alerts until long after the products are sold out, if I get them at all. It's definitely not as foolproof as staying up for as long as you can. I don't have $500 to spend on one of these later so this is basically my only shot, I don't want to miss it lol
Don't forget you have the option of waiting in line on release day as well. Seeing all of these retailer listings makes me hopeful people will have more of a shot and hopefully Nintendo will produce enough. Hopefully. Don't jump to eBay prices just yet! Stay positive!

Im sleeping but waking up every hour or so like I have a newborn loool I wish they would give us a set time as to when they will go live :/
If you're the type thats checking every hour, I'd say your odds are better than if they were to announce a time and the whole internet is waiting

Oh god, this gave me flashbacks of camping rare mount spawns in World of Warcraft. Spent weeks camping for some of them. I don't think I could bring myself to do that again.

OK since you asked so nicely

010.jpg

008.jpg

SNES_Games.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

AB325918-B525-4386-B382-831381988207_zpsgtzl8edx.jpg

8FFF6428-DC1B-4DF2-AD33-47712FF7BFDA_zpsxrwycftw.jpg

NES_Games.jpg

009.jpg
Are you serious?!

Time Lost Proto Drake, or dare I say-- Invincible?

In response to the WoW Mount story. I hit quote, but it didn't take.

I Just want one for an animal crossing sense of collecting. I think it'll look cool displayed in my house, a working snes that doesn't need a crt. Also really want to introduce my niece to video games with the snes as I was.

smh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN-qIJUo850&feature=youtu.be
Do people actually get upsets at flips? They've been around long as I can remember without ebay.

With that being said, I'm planning to keep mine, I refuse to buy anything flip myself.

Funny enough, I've seen people complain about already complain about the UK stock being bought up by NA.

I hope you guys are planning to go through this every day for the next 3 months. Clearly Nintendo is doing what they can to stop U.S. retailers from putting up preorders. If you think that makes no sense, stop and remind yourselves that we're talking about Nintendo.
Or it could be that companies are negotiating a deal for supply. . .

It's midday and no sign of update so I think it's safe to say given the fiasco/awareness NESC brought, I think BB will likely announce a time and date when pre-orders go live. They're ironing the details out now so hopefully they'll do it sooner than later. Amazon will probably do it in the middle of the night because they clearly hate gamers. That's my prediction anyway.

I wish the japanese version didn't have different games because it makes me want it and trying to stalk this many pages at once is killing me.

Do people actually get upsets at flips? They've been around long as I can remember without ebay.

With that being said, I'm planning to keep mine, I refuse to buy anything flip myself.

Funny enough, I've seen people complain about already complain about the UK stock being bought up by NA.
There's a difference between flipping and hoarding. I think what irritates people the most is the flippers who hoard. For instance, you can be sure there's going to be people who get 10+ preorders and obviously that limits the chance that a regular person has of getting one. That's also the scenario in which I pray for the market to be flooded and for the hoarders to get stuck with the stuff.

The thing that concerns me is the Amazon link I keep refreshing clearly says "placeholder" in the URL, so will that link still work when SNESC goes live or will there be a new link I have to F5?

Oh god, this gave me flashbacks of camping rare mount spawns in World of Warcraft. Spent weeks camping for some of them. I don't think I could bring myself to do that again.
Lol, I never subscribed to that nonsense but I did camp out the rare spawn spirit beast Loque'Nahak on my hunter post-WotLK once. Tried for a few days randomly checking and finally decided it would be smartest to try the day an expansion hit. Sure enough, after servers went live I had no competition taming him. By far my fav and still the only pet I'll use (when I'm actually playing the hunter lol). ;)

The only mount I've ever farmed for was Raven Lord; took about 2 months running Sethik daily but got him. I did just return to the game and got the Karazhan mount third time farming for illusions though. It's ugly ha.

+1,000 job experience

perk unlocked: can now browse internet during work hours

Lol, I never subscribed to that nonsense but I did camp out the rare spawn spirit beast Loque'Nahak on my hunter post-WotLK once. Tried for a few days randomly checking and finally decided it would be smartest to try the day an expansion hit. Sure enough, after servers went live I had no competition taming him. By far my fav and still the only pet I'll use (when I'm actually playing the hunter lol). ;)

The only mount I've ever farmed for was Raven Lord; took about 2 months running Sethik daily but got him. I did just return to the game and got the Karazhan mount third time farming for illusions though. It's ugly ha.
I was unfortunately a mount collector AND a hunter, so half my time playing was just camping for rare stuff. I got pretty lucky with some of them dropping quickly, the Raven Lord being one of those. By far my luckiest drop was winning Mimiron's Head my first time beating Ulduar after the drop rate was nerfed. The salt from that was unbelievable.

I am being sincere. I appreciated that this person tried. I try to have a very positive online ettiquite. A fresh invite would still be helpful though. Thanks in advance.
The problem with online is nobody can hear the tone of the comment so the same thing can be taken either way..depending on the reader's mood.

This right here is why Nintendo is a bunch of idiots. I understand people reselling/flipping for a profit, but this is comical that Nintendo themselves are getting played from bigger profits because of scalpers. Nintendo should at the very least be selling these for $120 (or more) because they are still going to sell at that rate no matter what.

*my comment on Rockstarflipper. Also this guy is a full time flipper? Wow. A full time job flipping...well good for him I guess but might want to have some sort of job for insurance/401k and reference material when you end up needing a real job.

I was unfortunately a mount collector AND a hunter, so half my time playing was just camping for rare stuff. I got pretty lucky with some of them dropping quickly, the Raven Lord being one of those. By far my luckiest drop was winning Mimiron's Head my first time beating Ulduar after the drop rate was nerfed. The salt from that was unbelievable.
Haha, I'd think it would be worse if it were Invincible. Right now I'm working on PvP prestige to get the proverbial unicorn mounts (Coursers). I wanna catch up so when Midnight is released I can get it but that's gonna be a long time lol.

Dear God. WTF is happening here? 

People talking about emotions and being sincere? 

Seriously, STFU. Share some pics of retro games or b****** out scalppers. This is getting weird. 

This right here is why Nintendo is a bunch of idiots. I understand people reselling/flipping for a profit, but this is comical that Nintendo themselves are getting played from bigger profits because of scalpers. Nintendo should at the very least be selling these for $120 (or more) because they are still going to sell at that rate no matter what.
Anything over $100 consumers tend to stray away from which takes longer to sell.
The object for Nintendo is to get these sold fast as possible for a profit while getting their brand name mention within the media at a wide scale again.

This might be the first time where I heard people within the store actually talking about a Nintendo product since the Wii.

This has been CAG's marketing 101 for the general consumer.

It's okay. I think I'm screwing something up with the invite process on my end. My discord account is armyofjuans if that is another route that could work. If not don't worry about it.
i think you have to provide a four digit code along w your user name to join that way

You just sent the same link again, this isn't working for me either. There should be a dropdown box under the channel name that has a Invite People button, click that and it should give a very short link, for example discord/(6 or 7 digit alphanumeric code).

bread's done
Back