SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Yeah. Super Punch Out was pretty awesome, definitely better than Dream Course. I would have to rank them roughly this way -

Masterpiece tier -

Final Fantasy VI
Super Metroid
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Secret of Mana
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Earthbound

All time classic tier -

Mega Man X
Donkey Kong Country
Contra III

Awesome tier -

Street Fighter II Turbo
Kirby Super Star
Yoshis Island
Super Castlevania IV
Super Punch Out

Great tier -

Starfox
F-Zero
Super Ghouls and Ghosts

Kirby Dream Course tier -

Kirby Dream Course
Would definitely move Castlevania, Yoshi's Island, Street Fighter II, and Super Ghouls up a tier, especially Castlevania. It is undoubtedly a classic.

The music, the coin level, and the chandelier platforming section are amongst the best the series has to offer, not to mention it was a technical powerhouse in its time and showcased what the snes was capable of.

On a side note, all of us are going to be so busy commenting on this thread that we're going to miss it when the preorders go up haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Nintendo requested the domain, and Matt C. and Peer gave it up. Became IGN64.com instead.
Matt C, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Isn't he making big bucks at apple's app store division now? So basically I should be blaming him for all the crappy pay 2 win games and bejeweled clones

I wish Nintendo would release a digital SNES Classic on Wii U (and eventually Switch). $80 bundle for all of the games that come included in the box. I'd sign up for that in an instant and forget about tracking one of these down.

I wish Nintendo would release a digital SNES Classic on Wii U (and eventually Switch). $80 bundle for all of the games that come included in the box. I'd sign up for that in an instant and forget about tracking one of these down.
Heck, they could release it on the Wii as well. The Wii had perfectly functional SNES VC games and AFAIK the Wii Shop is still online...?

Here's an idea guys, we comment on the product pages about how we're so relieved to have preordered one of these to make people think they already missed it.  Then there's less competition for when they really come up!  Muahaha

Huh? That doesn't make any sense. Nintendo would make tons of money that way, and that is absolutely NOT what they want to do.

Beginning to wonder if BB is waiting to announce pre-orders as part of their 4th of July sale for traffic. Would be a smart move.

Pretty sure NESC is exactly why they would this time.
Yes, the NES Classic that was in short supply and high demand. Im sure stores totally want to risk taking pre orders with no guarantee they will get enough inventory to fill them all, that's exactly what they want to do.

I was checking out eBay for the NES Classic Edition and sold listing prices have skyrocketed the last 2 days. Any one know why? I doubt it is due to people mistaking the NES for the yet-to-be-released SNES. Maybe a small few, but not this many.

I was checking out eBay for the NES Classic Edition and sold listing prices have skyrocketed the last 2 days. Any one know why? I doubt it is due to people mistaking the NES for the yet-to-be-released SNES. Maybe a small few, but not this many.
I think it's people just realizing that the first one was discontinued.

Amazon might wait until the month expiration for the last round of amiibo sign-ups for Prime.
They could but we all can just as easily make another new account and start a new prime trial. I know I've already got a new one set up ready to go just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no longer any doubt that Nintendo will make more. Since Nintendo has moved on the NESC has now become even more of a collectors item.

is $99 for a nes mini famicon worth it
Really do some research on it. I own the NES Classic and the Famicom Classic.

The NES Classic has to scale controllers because you plug them in. The original Famicom's controllers were attached to it... just like the mini... which means they're to scale.

The controllers are very very small on the thing.

But otherwise it's hackable/convertible to a US NES Classic Softwarewise

It really is fascinating that so many of you are assuming there will be U.S preorders. I really hope you're right but you have absolutely zero evidence to base this on. I'm hoping to get one as much as the next guy, but there's no way I'm expecting it to be via preorder at a major retailer.

It really is fascinating that so many of you are assuming there will be U.S preorders. I really hope you're right but you have absolutely zero evidence to base this on. I'm hoping to get one as much as the next guy, but there's no way I'm expecting it to be via preorder at a major retailer.
Assuming, hoping, dreaming, wishing, salivating....

Pick your poison. Haha

Well don't you have zero evidence that there won't be a preorder as well?

bread's done
Back