SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Thank you so much for posting! Just scored one myself at my local TRU. They said they haven't had any for months and randomly got 5 in today. It must have been a late shipment. The CSR said it was their last shipment ever.

So after elessar123 telling me go somewhere (whatever key board tough guy) I decided to to run to one of my stores. Stopped into a TRU and found this. I thought they were extinct. This makes 3 so I will trade for a SNES if I cannot score one. IMG_4971.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
So after elessar123 telling me go somewhere (whatever key board tough guy) I decided to to run to one of my stores. Stopped into a TRU and found this. I thought they were extinct. This makes 3 so I will trade for a SNES if I cannot score one.
attachicon.gif
IMG_4971.JPG
Wow... not sure if that's luck or what, but I would love to just find one.

So after elessar123 telling me go somewhere (whatever key board tough guy) I decided to to run to one of my stores. Stopped into a TRU and found this. I thought they were extinct. This makes 3 so I will trade for a SNES if I cannot score one.
attachicon.gif
IMG_4971.JPG
how about flipping receipt that over so we can see the actual date of purchase

attachicon.gif
I'd take those pictures of your hacked system down. CAG mods are very strict about piracy stuff and have banned people recently over it.

Amazing that you found a NES classic today though, that's insane.

it says 6-30-17 clear as day Sherlock. Lol
could be a pack of gum for all we know Einstien....not saying it aint possible, but given the level of trollishness in this thread it isnt all that out of the realm of possibility for it to be a receipt for something else. Especially with it seemingly folded to hide that information

could be a pack of gum for all we know Einstien....not saying it aint possible, but given the level of trollishness in this thread it isnt all that out of the realm of possibility for it to be a receipt for something else. Especially with it seemingly folded to hide that information
you went from asking about the date to asking about the item. Make up your mind hater. Lol! Looks like he added the full pic. Now proceed to move the goalpost once more ;)

I was the other person and tried on a whim due to the previous post. Worked out for me so I'm not complaining. I was told I bought the last one of five and that was likely the last one they will ever have. I nearly bought one from eBay too. Glad I waited.

Since someone else found one today no harm in calling your local TRU IMG_4974.JPG

I was the other person and tried on a whim due to the previous post. Worked out for me so I'm not complaining. I was told I bought the last one of five and that was likely the last one they will ever have. I nearly bought one from eBay too. Glad I waited.
Nice.

The way you are talking sounds like you already put in an order. XD Hope you have a good birthday that day
Ha, I wish. I obviously didn't have a pre-order for the NES Classic though and had no issue getting one day one. I'll wait in line if I have to, but would be a great birthday gift to not have to wait outside for hours on end.

Holy smokes! One store had one left in town and they are holding for me. Heading there right now! What luck. I'll post pics assuming I wasn't lied to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depresses me when I find out there are other cags in my area. No wonder deals evaporate faster than water in a desert lol

Fake Blades!

We need an Executive Order to halt the spread of these weapons.

Megaman should only fire forward like us, we should only look forward.

We don't need to aim in 8 directions.
Bass is still pissed that his Buster is 7-direction fire only.

How the hell are there still NES Classics in Toys R Us? Where do you people live? You would think the employees would have jumped all over them before customers. Seems like you guys live where people have no idea how rare they're. Looks like I'll be heading to Toys R Us tomorrow just to check. Though in NYC I highly doubt any Toys R Us have them, and if I call that will only alert an employee to get it for themselves. You guys are lucky. 

Holy smokes! One store had one left in town and they are holding for me. Heading there right now! What luck. I'll post pics assuming I wasn't lied to.

Did you call or were you able to look up online? Regardless, I gave up hope a while ago

no there's not

most don't close til 10:00 though

i called all the ones near me they said they haven't gotten any in months and are never getting any again
Just seen that soon as I posted, decided to call anyway.

One person told me they sold one last week, called the next store and got the "instant they're discontinue" without checking stock.

Worth a try, I'm going on vacation next month that has a beat down Toys R' Us so I'll try that.

Same place I bought mine on the way home today. They told me there was one left...glad it went to a fellow CAG.
Wow. Small world. Glad another went to a CAG.

Did you call or were you able to look up online? Regardless, I gave up hope a while ago
Called around and hit paydirt on the 3rd call. They were kind enough to set it aside for me.

How the hell are there still NES Classics in Toys R Us? Where do you people live? You would think the employees would have jumped all over them before customers. Seems like you guys live where people have no idea how rare they're. Looks like I'll be heading to Toys R Us tomorrow just to check. Though in NYC I highly doubt any Toys R Us have them, and if I call that will only alert an employee to get it for themselves. You guys are lucky.
The first guy was from Dublin Ohio and I'm from the Phoenix metro area. No idea where Dublin is but I'm guessing it's a Columbus suburb? Sounds vaguely familiar. My father is from Columbus and I think he's mentioned Dublin before.

I think the thread should be archived as a single example of nearly everything that can happen on a message board. Trolls, word fights, name calling, bans, joy, grief, depression, pity, anger, cooperation and Figure someone probably died of sleep deprivation by now.

How the hell are there still NES Classics in Toys R Us? Where do you people live? You would think the employees would have jumped all over them before customers. Seems like you guys live where people have no idea how rare they're. Looks like I'll be heading to Toysu R Us tomorrow just to check. Though in NYC I highly doubt any Toys R Us have them, and if I call that will only alert an employee to get it for themselves. You guys are lucky.
I'm in Phoenix. I agree I got lucky by calling but figured I had nothing to lose. Only 1 of 3 stores I called received stock. The second store didn't bother checking though and just shut me down immediately. The employees were pretty friendly at the store I purchased mine from and were completely aware of the scarcity. They started asking me if I had controller extensions or if I planned to buy wireless controllers. Overall a great experience at that store.

well, ppl who lives in NYC is even worse. and there is no walmart around here also. only good thing about NYC is there is Nintendo Store.
The Nintendo store is so great. I was in NYC for a week near the MK8 release and had to leave 1 day before it released. Just after that I found out they were the only store in the US that had CEs for it. FML

bread's done
Back