SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Not to be nasty or sarcastic but why does this thread have nearly 100 pages of nonsense posts? Instead of actual useful information and talk about the snes mini

enter the discussion and instead  of talk about where to get preorders in the u.s or such i see stuff completely unrelated

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to be nasty or sarcastic but why does this thread have nearly 100 pages of nonsense posts? Instead of actual useful information and talk about the snes mini

enter the discussion and instead of talk about where to get preorders in the u.s or such i see stuff completely unrelated
Take it easy breezy, don't let the S'NyES stress ruin your gorgeous complexion.[attachment=27211:90e11a59a81d438130e1bb9b0099c1f3caafe2e3_hq.jpg]

enter the discussion and instead of talk about where to get preorders in the u.s or such i see stuff completely unrelated
that's because you didn't read the thread.

about-the-pizza.jpg

You've answered your own question. There has been no additional information on the SNES Mini basically since the reveal, and U.S. preorders are not live, yet (if ever). Since letting the thread drop would just invite 10 other people to start their own SNES Mini threads, equally lacking new information, these hard workers are doing their best to keep the thread near the top to stave off those unwarranted additional threads. Good work, fellas and gals!

You're not really contributing now are you. If there isn't any news on pre-orders or the actually item, people will talk about similar topics about it (in this case the NES Classic, reselling, when pre-orders might go up, reasons why it's not up, etc.). If you want it to be all about the SNES Classic, find out some news on it and report back.

"Today is July 11, 2017 no news nor preorders have been given about the snes Classic in the US or Japan. Discuss"

Here's our writing prompt everyone, for those complaining.

I can't help but imagine Nintendo executives monitoring internet threads about the SNES and having fits of laughter watching us desperately wait for pre-orders to go live

having fits of laughter watching us desperately wait for pre-orders to go live
I wouldn't say "desperately" I have a lappy set up to do all the monitoring, if it goes up somewhere it'll beep & I'll be sprinting towards it faster than bolt to lock in a pre-order. Other than that, pretty much going about my day. :whistle2:

Sorry 4 posting this on this thread but I just wanted to report that South Florida does indeed have some NES Classics at random Toys R Us locations. I just bought one at Pembroke Pines a few minutes ago. Good luck.

Sorry 4 posting this on this thread but I just wanted to report that South Florida does indeed have some NES Classics at random Toys R Us locations. I just bought one at Pembroke Pines a few minutes ago. Good luck.
Wow, that's crazy. Were there any left at that point?

Any idea of how many they had left?
They told me they got in 1 case and each case contained 6 units. They had just opened the case when I got there.

Sorry guys, I'll refrain from posting additional comments about the nes classic on this snes classic thread.

They told me they got in 1 case and each case contained 6 units. They had just opened the case when I got there.

Sorry guys, I'll refrain from posting additional comments about the nes classic on this snes classic thread.
Why? we already refrained from posting anything about the snes classic in this thread so...

If someone grabs two nes classics I will be throw $80 max and pay for shipping.

I just don't want to pay the scalpers price
I doubt anyone will be willing to take up on this offer

You might as well ask someone to give you 100 bucks.
How do you think I am paying for this?

It seems you don't want to do the legwork either...
I've already went out of state to few toys r us including the ones in my own state.
I might as well ask at this point.

I would do the same for any other CAG member if they were to ask and I happen to stumble by an extra NES classic ever.

It's not really about the legwork. I think it's reasonable to ask someone near a TRU with systems to pick one up if they can. The nearest one to me was a few hours away. It's not really worth driving 4 hours for it. It's worth shelling out $100 to someone for 10 minutes of work. I get it.

alright guys---willing to pay $100 for an NES if somebody can buy one for me...i've checked some around my area and no luck.

anybody want to halp this guy. let me know

If someone grabs two nes classics I will be throw $80 max and pay for shipping.

I just don't want to pay the scalpers price
I doubt anyone will be willing to take up on this offer
If someone grabs two NES Classics, I will be able to pay $80 plus shipping!

I just don't want to pay scalper prices, because I intend on scalping this myself. Thanks!

All gone now. Apparently they sold them all last night. Oh well. Thanks again.

I have now been up for 2.5 weeks clicking the links every hour day and night. Only 2 more months.....

Seriously, in the worst case scenario if preordering doesnt work out for me, I will probably do what I did for the NES classic and after release, check brickseek daily the night before a shipment arrives at Target/Walmart and be there before they open the next day. (This works for Target really well. They do truck early in the morning and brickseek will tell you the night before about the shipment.)

I could pay 165+ shipping for one, which would be obviously less fees so you can net 100. If anyone is interested. I highly dpubt it but it is worth the shot.

So frustrated with the NES Classic. Been to half a dozen stores at this point and either they have no idea what I'm talking about or they just sold out of them all. Ah well, the hunt continues.

Target was the easiest to get an NES Classic, but on one trip to a Walmart, there were 5 in the middle of the day, just chilling (was in beginning of April). I managed to get one out of the 5 sitting in the case. The inventory sites really are helpful, there is no excuse to miss out, just need to be quick and have the time during the day. Will be up to trading the spare for a euro SNES Classic when the time comes (edit: will only trade with people with good feedback on this site, unless you have good feedback elsewhere that can be proven).

If the Switch was confirmed to have a solid VC library, I wouldn't even bother with all this stupidity...and this is exactly what it is. 

Target was the easiest to get an NES Classic, but on one trip to a Walmart, there were 5 in the middle of the day, just chilling (was in beginning of April). I managed to get one out of the 5 sitting in the case. The inventory sites really are helpful, there is no excuse to miss out, just need to be quick and have the time during the day. Will be up to trading the spare for a euro SNES Classic when the time comes (edit: will only trade with people with good feedback on this site, unless you have good feedback elsewhere that can be proven).
Here's a great excuse -

Not everyone has the ability to a) check repeatedly through the day and/or b)drop what they are doing and go to a store in the middle of the day to get one.

Believe it or not, some people work 40 or more hours a week, Monday to Friday, and cannot leave to go to a store in the middle of the day to buy a game system.

Nintendo massively dropped the ball on the NES classic, plain and simple.

alright guys---willing to pay $100 for an NES if somebody can buy one for me...i've checked some around my area and no luck.

anybody want to halp this guy. let me know
No offense, but they go for $200+ on ebay, not sure why you think someone would sell it to you for $100?

Nintendo massively dropped the ball on the NES classic, plain and simple.
Expect more of the same for the SNES Mini, sadly.

I agree, I work from home, and I'm at my computer all day, and I can't get in on half of "N" stuff most of the time. I think if I put in some effort, I probably could, but that's only because I do work from home, and can stop or go places at any time if need be.

If I still worked 9-5(which I may be returning to soon), I wouldn't even bother with this shit, as it would just be time wasted. "N" has an online site here in the states, and NoA is the only one where they don't offer all of their retail items through these means, which is beyond fuck ing stupid, as they could take preorders there, gauge demand and produce accordingly.

I understand more than most, not wanting to over produce something, but to not produce enough is just "retarded", and in this digital age, there is zero reason to not know what should be produced. But the same guys continue to think they are geniuses of industry, and these are all master plans for world domination. I just see a company that doesn't know it's ass from it's elbow, and everyone of these releases confirms that more and more.

Not to mention, it's one per customer at TRU....so if someone wanted two, they'd have to involve another person. Compensating a friend for their time to then sell one for minimal profit to a stranger online is not something likely to happen. This isn't even counting the hour and a half worth of driving I had to do to go get mine.

I'm a collector, not a scalper....and it still sounds batshit insane to do something like this. There's a big difference between being nice and getting taken advantage of.

none taken--but alot of people are finding at their local toys r us...if they can snag one for $60 and if they are nice..they can sell me one and make $40.
Nobody is $100+ "nice" unless it's a good friend. Asking is a waste of bandwidth.

Expect more of the same for the SNES Mini, sadly.
Unfortunately, I think think they will produce a lot more of the snes than they did the NES- but demand is going to be sooooo much more for these things. The games list is insane, the games aged a lot better than the NES games, and the whole shortage thing.

This is going to suck.

I think I'll be able to grab one, but it won't be as easy as it should be.

bread's done
Back