SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I wonder if they are going to cancel multiples since it seems like a ton of people ordered multiples
I wouldn't mind if they did. I ordered two (one to hopefully trade for an NES classic since I missed it the first time). I just want them to play. Brings back good memories.

Wee. Everything I've been nervous about since E3 finally secured.

Hopefully can sleep easy for a while until Ni no Kuni II and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 CEs or LE consoles get announced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone explain to me the logic of attempted bartering already for a NES Classic?  I mean, if the owner of said NES Classic wanted a SNES Classic so bad, they would have ordered one at $79.99.  They wouldn't hold on to a NES Classic just for the pre-orders to open up and execute a trade.  *That just doesn't make sense*

Basically nobody is going to hand over a NES Classic for your SNES Classic, at least until 2018.  So why bother?

Lol i just got a nowinstock text 10 minutes after it ended....

That is why i stopped using nowinstock text alert.

Can anyone explain to me the logic of caring if someone happens to barter for an NES classic when there's surely to be madness behind the SNES and securing one is not guaranteed? I mean the person with the extra SNES can surely sell it for double or triple it's price on eBay and then use that money to buy an NES but maybe some would like to do a nice even exchange with a fellow CAG.

Can anyone explain to me the logic of caring if someone happens to barter for an NES classic when there's surely to be madness behind the SNES and securing one is not guaranteed? I mean the person with the extra SNES can surely sell it for double or triple it's price on eBay and then use that money to buy an NES but maybe some would like to do a nice even exchange with a fellow CAG.
Because the SNES Classic isn't even out yet and it's pointless to flood these pages with people wanting a NES Classic. Now once the SNES Classic has been released and is officially sold out, then yes the trade makes sense.

Go ahead and think I'm being a prick, that's fine, but nobody is getting a NES Classic for a SNES Classic this early in the ball game. To think so is just stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally managed to lock one in at Wal-Mart! Seems surreal after waiting for so long. Now I can finally go to sleep.

Because the SNES Classic isn't even out yet and it's pointless to flood these pages with people wanting a NES Classic. Now once the SNES Classic has been released and is officially sold out, then yes the trade makes sense.

Go ahead and think I'm being a prick, that's fine, but nobody is getting a NES Classic for a SNES Classic this early in the ball game. To think so is just stupid.
Thank you for your oh so enlightening foresight and opinion. Lmao.

[attachment=27350:IMG_9611.JPG]

Thank you for your oh so enlightening foresight and opinion. Lmao.

attachicon.gif
IMG_9611.JPG
Says the Newbie.... Go crawl back in your troll hole.

Can anyone explain to me the logic of attempted bartering already for a NES Classic? I mean, if the owner of said NES Classic wanted a SNES Classic so bad, they would have ordered one at $79.99. They wouldn't hold on to a NES Classic just for the pre-orders to open up and execute a trade. *That just doesn't make sense*

Basically nobody is going to hand over a NES Classic for your SNES Classic, at least until 2018. So why bother?
Pretty much. People are just going to back out of this deal as soon as they find a SNES for pre-order. It's dumb to try to lock in a trade with someone until people actually have these things in-hand.

I offer this to any established CAG...  Discord is an awesome app and the room I run is only for notifications of when the SNES Classic goes live.  No chit chat or the likes, I have a zero tolerance as that room is only for notifications of when SNES Classic are actually in stock.  We had amazing success tonight for everyone that was in the discord chat!

I'm going to expand the room one last time tomorrow morning.  Send me a PM if you want in!

Been following this thread religiously and Walmart opens pre-orders 30 minutes after I go to bed 😡 For anyone wondering, Amazon support has no clue about this. I emailed asking if they knew when it would be up for pre-order since Walmart had offered it. The reply I received was "It appears this item is not up for sale yet, please keep checking the product page for updates."

I offer this to any established CAG... Discord is an awesome app and the room I run is only for notifications of when the SNES Classic goes live. No chit chat or the likes, I have a zero tolerance as that room is only for notifications of when SNES Classic are actually in stock. We had amazing success tonight for everyone that was in the discord chat!

I'm going to expand the room one last time tomorrow morning. Send me a PM if you want in!
Didn't want to spam the discord, but thank you for setting up the chat, was lucky enough to preorder last night. Never used discord before so it's awesome to see how useful it is in these scenarios.

Supposedly, the preorder page going live was a mistake and these orders will be cancelled. I'd be cautious and look to lock in back up orders.

If you have a iPhone and Apple Watch make sure you have app on watch. I was watching a movie at home and received alert on my watch. Order was placed less than 5 minutes afterwards. Hopefully everyone that wants one gets one. Want a back up just in case the Walmart pre orders are cancelled.

Walmart alerted me at 11:37pm EST that "your product is back in stock".

Lucky i had just checked my phone/email.
Same...here's the email that came in. Went over immediately and placed an order for one via one credit card, then went back and ordered 2 more using a different card.

Your product is back in stock at Walmart.com
Walmart.com <[email protected]>
Yesterday, 8:30 PM

Great News!
The product you're interested in is now back in stock. Quantities may be limited and the item could sell out again, so act quickly to get yours today!
-Your Walmart Customer Care Team

Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Classic Edition
Shop now

Same...here's the email that came in. Went over immediately and placed an order for one via one credit card, then went back and ordered 2 more using a different card.

Your product is back in stock at Walmart.com
Walmart.com <[email protected]>
Yesterday, 8:30 PM

Great News!
The product you're interested in is now back in stock. Quantities may be limited and the item could sell out again, so act quickly to get yours today!
-Your Walmart Customer Care Team

Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Classic Edition
Shop now
If you use different account and different CC i think you'll be fine with extra orders...

This is great. I was lucky enough to get a NES Classic for myself in March and point my mom and brother to their own a little later the same month. Now I have two SNES Classics ordered and my mom was able to snag one last night, too. Unless I can help my brother and sister find their own, I'll probably play the part of good uncle and give one of their families my second SNES. But I suspect it'll be easy to get some more orders secured so we are all taken care of.

If you use different account and different CC i think you'll be fine with extra orders...
Exactly. They'll cancel it if you use same account but make 2 orders with different cards as the limit was 2 per account. I preordered 2 and my order is doing fine. I also did it seconds before my email notification because I've left an internet window with all the preorder pages up since its announcement and I check it multiple times a day. Lol.

Also, those who's are being canceled might have preordered at the tale end of its availability and those might be the ones being canceled. Cuz I know that's happened to me in the past, NES classic being one of them (luckily my friend got one for me).

Looks like Target is confirming that they'll have preorders at some point.

https://twitter.com/AskTarget/status/888828943675129857

Its absolutely crazy how hard this thread died once the walmart preorders came and went. I hope Target goes up soon cuz if i still get my 2 from Walmart (one for me and a brother in law), then I still need one more for my other brother in law and his son.

Its absolutely crazy how hard this thread died once the walmart preorders came and went. I hope Target goes up soon cuz if i still get my 2 from Walmart (one for me and a brother in law), then I still need one more for my other brother in law and his son.
Might be because the thread has discussed every topic ever in great detail already.

bread's done
Back