SNES Classic Discussion Thread

When do Nintendo preorders on Amazon usually go live? I'm betting on the orders going live Wednesday for NA, seeing as the SNES launched on August 23 here.

When do Nintendo preorders on Amazon usually go live? I'm betting on the orders going live Wednesday for NA, seeing as the SNES launched on August 23 here.
I was thinking Aug 23 too since that's when the first Nintendo Gamescom presentation is. I also had a theory that Walmart released preorders a month early. That would be Aug 22.

No limit on orders? Saw one guy said he got three. I hope they limit to one and cancel two extras.
When you try to change the qty to more than 1 it says "Heads up! You can only buy 1 of this item at a time."

Kinda sounds like you can order more than 1 but the risk is up to you I guess.

Sweet ordered one from Best Buy for in-store pickup, then I ordered another to be shipped to me just in case. So should be covered hopefully. 

Thank you to the mod that locked the notification thread because a bunch of clown that didn't read it started blowing up my inbox.  And also thank you to the first guy that posted, I got my pre-order in.

I just knew it would happen tonight after getting a text from GameStop to confirm my interest in the SNES Classic today (read: confirm sign up for the text messages) and then the video released from Japan. Got the alert from Wario64 just before CAG and got my order in.

Got mine 5 mins after they went up.

Hope thats enough dont know with Nintendo. 

But its still up 20 mins later so i should be safe. 

Gonna hold on to my EU preorder till mid-september and these are confirmed not a mistake. No walmart fiasco please. 

EDIT - 

Just got my Confirmation EMAIL!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Received notification via iPhone, I watch and iPad. I have had orders cancelled on the app b/ orders placed via cheapassgamer link have not been cancelled. I called BB customer service twice and they do not have an answer. Hopefully using link I found here after receiving the alert works.

How trust worthy is the continue as guest option? I ordered this way because I did not want to risk the SNES Classic by wasting time logging in.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I can't order any :(. * Apparently just missed it again. Tried to use Paypal and they apparently sold out before I submitted my order. :whistle2:(

How trust worthy is the continue as guest option? I ordered this way because I did not want to risk the SNES Classic by wasting time logging in.

I used it when they had the issue where you couldn't get reward certs to show up at checkout and the only way to get them to show up was to check out as guest and enter your rewards number

Didn't know about the follow thing till literally a minute or two before that post. Glad I got one after missing out on the nes classic.

got two thanks. now to sit back and watch the madness while counting down the days till it releases on my birthday. i got to check in on the uk version from amazon they still have not gotten back to me

Thanks to the SNES watch thread!  Only reason I checked my email cause it was spamming my phone and tablet that was in front of me.

Out of stock soon as I was putting in my order information.
That's funny.
Keep trying, I had to try a couple of different stores for instore pickup before it went through. It eventually did after the third store. I might get cancelled, but who knows? I have a confirmation number and even have them sending me text updates about my order. I'm very happy right now.

Not yet so far...

Just wanted to ask, for the ones that got an email, which shipping did you guys choose?
I know this place is blowing up from the BB pre-order hype, but I'd like to get answers to this.

I also have an Amazon.co.uk pre-order that I chose "AmazonGlobal Standard" for (which is a tier above "Standard Delivery"). I've successfully ordered lots of "This item cannot be shipped to United States" items off of Euro Amazons using "Global" shipping, so I want to know if anyone who's gotten these cancellation emails chose Global or Standard.

It's been awhile since I last ordered something from Best Buy's website, but are they typically slow to send out confirmation emails? Haven't gotten one yet, though I did get a confirmation about ThankYou point usage (I applied my balance to this order). Also, it's showing up as preordered in my order history on BB's site itself, so I assume things are all good?

Their email server is probably bogged down from a ton of sudden orders. Just check your order history page for the confirmation and status.

I had to update my payment method. I got an email saying "(Customer Name), we're unable to process your payment. 

But don't worry—we'll hold your items for 24 hours so you can review and update your payment information to resolve the issue. Please don't delay or we will have to cancel your order and release the product. 

If you update the current payment information used for this order, please make sure you enter the information carefully. 

To modify the original payment details used for your order, or to enter a new credit card for payment, click on the "Update Payment Info" button. 

Thank you for your immediate response.

Sincerely, 

Your Customer Care Team "

I'm keeping an eye on the other retailers just in case. I hope my preorder is still secure.

I had to update my payment method. I got an email saying "(Customer Name), we're unable to process your payment.

But don't worry—we'll hold your items for 24 hours so you can review and update your payment information to resolve the issue. Please don't delay or we will have to cancel your order and release the product.

If you update the current payment information used for this order, please make sure you enter the information carefully.

To modify the original payment details used for your order, or to enter a new credit card for payment, click on the "Update Payment Info" button.

Thank you for your immediate response.

Sincerely,

Your Customer Care Team "

I'm keeping an eye on the other retailers just in case. I hope my preorder is still secure.

should be fine i done that before on sold out items just correct the info

It says available to ship or pickup in store, but then only lets me choose in store (of which none nearby have any) - suggestions?
If you have friends who live in other states/cities, ask them if they can pick it up and ship it to you. If they agree, just type in their zip code.

It's been awhile since I last ordered something from Best Buy's website, but are they typically slow to send out confirmation emails? Haven't gotten one yet, though I did get a confirmation about ThankYou point usage (I applied my balance to this order). Also, it's showing up as preordered in my order history on BB's site itself, so I assume things are all good?
Took an hour to get mine.

I still do not have a confirmation email, I was probably one of the last people to order, I do have notifications about the order going through to my phone, including an order number, when I check my order history, it shows up, but as "processing".  I'm a little worried it gets cancelled, and am too amped up to go back to sleep just yet.

10 minutes late to the party... Hope I'm able to get it before release or else it's going to be hell just like the nes classic.

Nintendo knows these small pieces of gold (can't say anything bad to the classics...) sell more than water in the desert... but they never meet demand! It's like they produce these consoles one by one by hand ffs

bread's done
Back