SNES Classic Discussion Thread

And that was clearly the easiest to order, for about 1/2 hour, since nobody knew what the heck it was (Or could it have really been due to lack of bots?). But as long as it said sold by amazon.com and preorder for sept 29, everyone should have ordered. Worst case, could have ordered and sort it out later.
That order took place at 4am eastern, it was definitely not the easiest to order from as much of the country was fast asleep

Amazon order updated as well, I read that they are cancelling multiples tho so be on the lookout for that. I have one at Ama and one at BB, I feel good about my chances of getting at least one of these shipped. On another note, my BB gift cards not refunding after the cancelled SNES order still has not be resolved and Im not confident it will so that sucks...¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nice, my Amazon order updated as well. Makes me feel a bit better about possibly getting one at launch now.

And that was clearly the easiest to order, for about 1/2 hour, since nobody knew what the heck it was (Or could it have really been due to lack of bots?). But as long as it said sold by amazon.com and preorder for sept 29, everyone should have ordered. Worst case, could have ordered and sort it out later.
Here's the dumb part about it, i really didn't care what it was as long as it said shipped and sold by Amazon.com. I knew it would be kosher if it turned out to be something else.

Amazon order updated as well, I read that they are cancelling multiples tho so be on the lookout for that. I have one at Ama and one at BB, I feel good about my chances of getting at least one of these shipped. On another note, my BB gift cards not refunding after the cancelled SNES order still has not be resolved and Im not confident it will so that sucks...¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh... I knew they would, people that ordered more than one in one order may even get there whole order cancelled like the Breath of the Wild master sword edition.

Goldeneye is more complicated than that, it involves the license with the movie rights owners as well. So three parties are involved in the license. But Microsoft/Rare and Nintendo actually play together pretty well on those things, there probably isn't enough profit potential to go re-license the movie. Nintendo could have made several of the Rare games much more complicated to license (and later to add to Replay) but they didn't, they just don't let things go when it involves their direct properties, like Donkey/Diddy Kong and Starfox. I remember reading they were actually pretty cool about those games that Rare made outside of the ones with Nintendo characters. They also made nice really quickly on the cross console play with Microsoft, Sony are the ones being dicks over that.

Goldeneye is more complicated than that, it involves the license with the movie rights owners as well. So three parties are involved in the license. But Microsoft/Rare and Nintendo actually play together pretty well on those things, there probably isn't enough profit potential to go re-license the movie. Nintendo could have made several of the Rare games much more complicated to license (and later to add to Replay) but they didn't, they just don't let things go when it involves their direct properties, like Donkey/Diddy Kong and Starfox. I remember reading they were actually pretty cool about those games that Rare made outside of the ones with Nintendo characters. They also made nice really quickly on the cross console play with Microsoft, Sony are the ones being dicks over that.
Of course they would have worked out the movie license. Goldeneye 007 was one of the highest grossing games of its time and it still has a huge following. It no doubt would have been very lucrative for both Nintendo and Microsoft.

According to Xbox 360 World Magazine, it was Iowata at Nintendo who turned down the deal that Microsoft has prepared for them. It was way more than fair in terms of what Nintendo would have received in return for letting them make the Remaster for the Xbox 360.

The deal was, that in exchange for Nintendo allowing Microsoft to have an HD Remaster of Goldeneye 007 on the 360, Nintendo would have access to all of Rare's Nintendo library for the Virtual Console. Not only that, but Rare would have also programmed a version of the remastered Goldeneye 007 for the Nintendo Wii.

Iowata said Nintendo will never have their games on competitor's consoles.

Gamers lost out big on both sides.

Microsoft was so sure that Nintendo would have agreed to it that they started working on the remaster.
It was nearly completed and included on-the-fly switching between HD and SD video, 16:9 support, New maps, and many other enhancements.

You can see it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRRuhviJGMQ

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck Nintendo. Reselling their own refurbished products (white 3DS) on their store for more than new retail. Lol
The goldeneye thing is such a shame. The footage in that video looks amazing. I hope something can be done. They're such an arrogant company and one day it will be their downfall.

Anyways I was in line towards the tail end of the GameStop preorders for 30-40 minutes. My gamestop was doing web in store orders, but the system was extremely slow. I got up stood at the counter for 15 minutes while the clerk tried to secure a bundle. "Oh no, they're all gone." She felt really bad. Guess I'll just keep an eye out or wait on release day.

How are they arrogant for wanting control of their IP? How arrogant is Microsoft for going ahead with the development of the remaster before they even secured the rights to it? In the end people are only mad because they want to play more Nintendo games and buy more Nintendo products. What's to be done?

Of course they would have worked out the movie license. Goldeneye 007 was one of the highest grossing games of its time and it still has a huge following. It no doubt would have been very lucrative for both Nintendo and Microsoft.

According to Xbox 360 World Magazine, it was Iowata at Nintendo who turned down the deal that Microsoft has prepared for them. It was way more than fair in terms of what Nintendo would have received in return for letting them make the Remaster for the Xbox 360.

The deal was, that in exchange for Nintendo allowing Microsoft to have an HD Remaster of Goldeneye 007 on the 360, Nintendo would have access to all of Rare's Nintendo library for the Virtual Console. Not only that, but Rare would have also programmed a version of the remastered Goldeneye 007 for the Nintendo Wii.

Iowata said Nintendo will never have their games on competitor's consoles.

Gamers lost out big on both sides.

Microsoft was so sure that Nintendo would have agreed to it that they started working on the remaster.
It was nearly completed and included on-the-fly switching between HD and SD video, 16:9 support, New maps, and many other enhancements.
I wonder how accurate that is, as Perfect Dark and the Banjo games came out a long time ago on XBLA. Those are no less "Nintendo properties" than Goldeneye is after all. And several other games 2nd party type games from Rare were on Rare Replay. I would imagine he probably meant games like Mario/Zelda/etc. and there was some sort of mis-translation, or maybe views that changed quickly. The only thing different about Goldeneye and Perfect Dark is the involvement of the movie license and the extra cost of securing that.

I wonder how accurate that is, as Perfect Dark and the Banjo games came out a long time ago on XBLA. Those are no less "Nintendo properties" than Goldeneye is after all. And several other games 2nd party type games from Rare were on Rare Replay. I would imagine he probably meant games like Mario/Zelda/etc. and there was some sort of mis-translation, or maybe views that changed quickly. The only thing different about Goldeneye and Perfect Dark is the involvement of the movie license and the extra cost of securing that.
Perfect Dark was published by Rare whereas Goldeneye 007 was published by Nintendo. Can we get back to the thread topic?

I did two preorders total. They are in two separate orders. Even if they cancel one, I will still be overjoyed if they ship one. That's more than I was expecting. That would mean it was hopefully worth missing all of that sleep. Where did you read they were cancelling multiples? I'd like to read what people are saying. I was the one joking about being able to get to the final checkout screen with 999 in my cart. I can imagine some of the insane orders Amazon must be dealing with and cancelling.

I did two preorders total. They are in two separate orders. Even if they cancel one, I will still be overjoyed if they ship one. That's more than I was expecting. That would mean it was hopefully worth missing all of that sleep. Where did you read they were cancelling multiples? I'd like to read what people are saying. I was the one joking about being able to get to the final checkout screen with 999 in my cart. I can imagine some of the insane orders Amazon must be dealing with and cancelling.
Slcikdeals thread some dude had 6 orders and 5 were cancelled.

Slcikdeals thread some dude had 6 orders and 5 were cancelled.
Thanks. I should have guessed it was SD. Knowing Slickdeals the only problem might be that the guy really ordered 30 and doesn't want to admit it. I've been checking my amazon account countless times a day like a psycho, so there's a good chance I'll post here within 5 minutes of one or both of my orders getting cancelled.

IOZC3PN.png

I think this is a good thing?  :whistle2:k

I got the same email, when I check the order it says

Not yet shipped

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Usually thats a bad sign. I got 3 in at BB so Im not too worried about this one

I got the same email, when I check the order it says

Not yet shipped

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Usually thats a bad sign. I got 3 in at BB so Im not too worried about this one
That's not a bad sign at all. That's normally the status of most pre-orders. That's exactly how my Yakuza 6 and Senran Kagura Beach Splash orders read.

Edit: In fact, Yakuza Kiwami read the same until about 1 week ago until it finally updated to being delivered on the 29th of this month.

That's not a bad sign at all. That's normally the status of most pre-orders. That's exactly how my Yakuza 6 and Senran Kagura Beach Splash orders read.
Really? Ive had that status in the past and they would eventually get cancelled or I would cancel because it was a never ending cycle of delayed shipment emails. Guess we'll wait and see. Oh and Im a non prime member who opted for free shipping.

So a lot of people have already got in touch with Amazon reps over this email. The response everyone seems to be getting is that they are delaying orders to cut down orders of multiples (1+) to open pre-orders back up. Not sure if bullshit or not but I imagine we'd get straight up cancelled rather than delayed if that were the case.

Yep a user on reddit said they got their orders reduced to one.

Another one is threatening litigation.

I also got the message, and given nintendo's dubious performance on some past preorders recently, I would be worried, but they specifically said "You will still receive your order", which I doubt would be the case if it was like the past where they oversold and had to cancel.

It's not like this was a one and done shipment like some CE's.  This should supposedly be produced at least through december, so amazon should be able to secure more, the question is how much delay there will be.

If all those get cancelled, I wonder if more preorders will open up for us poor schlubs that tried all day to get an order to go through but couldnt...

I can confirm that my order of multiple SNES on Amazon was cut down to 1. One dude ordered 68, he was telling people he would sell them at retail first come first serve lol

I can confirm that my order of multiple SNES on Amazon was cut down to 1. One dude ordered 68, he was telling people he would sell them at retail first come first serve lol
Mine too for being down to 1, I only ordered 2. Wanted to use one and keep one sealed. Oh well, as long as Amazon doesn't find a giant fucking bubble mailer to ship it in and ships it in a box, I'll be happy.

Just got one at Walmart.com. I got an order confirmation after ordering, but don't have an e-mail confirm yet.

Edit: still no e-mail, but there is a pending charge on my card. I guess thats a good sign.

Showing as a pending charge but not in my current orders was trying to nab one for a buddy I dont know what to tell him lol. Guess gonna wait for an email. 

I also got an order in at Wal-Mart, but no conf email yet, and nothing in my order history. It's been nearly half an hour, not a good sign

It's really annoying to see people with 5 different orders across 5 different sites to "be sure to get one".

You don't need 5 possible orders when you have confirmations for all of them!!

I'm sure they are going to cancel/return all the extras 🙄

It's really annoying to see people with 5 different orders across 5 different sites to "be sure to get one".

I'm sure they are going to cancel/return all the extras
So you're eye-rolling because people are lying or what?

Im keeping 1 , giving 1 to my oldest, and the other 3 if they actually go thru will become presents to nephews or nieces so my siblings can hate me for giving there kids the best gift of their holidays .

Wheres all the people at that were giving long explanations as to how Amazon wouldnt come through with the "shady" snes preorders. Lol
Misery loves company i guess

So you're eye-rolling because people are lying or what?
"Well Walmart cancelled my early order" those were posted by accident and everyone's got cancelled.

It's that people ordering across multiple sites, good intentions or not, still keeps them from others.

Buy one and move on

Nintendo has already come out and said they're unlikely to produce beyond 2017 and there was already a mass cancellation of orders (yes, it was a system but fucking still)

I will feel safe that I have this console when it's actually in my damn hands.

"Well Walmart cancelled my early order" those were posted by accident and everyone's got cancelled.

It's that people ordering across multiple sites, good intentions or not, still keeps them from others.

Buy one and move on
People are going out of their way to game the system via bots and ordering 99+ in a single order and you're mad that people want to make sure they get their hands on a product that isn't going to be produced for longer than 3 months?

Beyond that, we have prior experience on how damn hard it's going to be get one in the wild if you don't preorder it now.

Be mad at scalpers, not people who legitimately just want to make sure they get one in their hands at launch.

Yeah, this is nonsense.

People are going out of their way to game the system via bots and ordering 99+ in a single order and you're whining that people want to make sure they get their hands on a product that it's going to be produce for longer than 3 months?

Beyond that, we have prior experience on damn hard it's going to be get one in the wild if you don't preorder it now.

Be mad at scalpers, not people who legitimately just want to make sure they get one in their hands at launch.
That's the first order. I'm looking for one, and then I will stop looking. Don't need to keep ordering them

That's the first order. I'm looking for one, and then I will stop looking. Don't need to keep ordering them
Honestly, if it wasn't Walmart, I'd probably stop too.

We'll see how things shake out and I hope everyone who wants one gets one, but I simply believe you're directing your anger at the wrong party.

I had three EU pro-orders and two of them have been cancelled already. The third is also likely to be cancelled as posted e-mails would suggest. People are going to order as many of these things as they can because they don't want to be caught with their pants down. Creating as many single orders from each various retailer is the smartest thing you can do. You can either get with the program or else risk missing out.

bread's done
Back