SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I had three EU pro-orders and two of them have been cancelled already. The third is also likely to be cancelled as posted e-mails would suggest. People are going to order as many of these things as they can because they don't want to be caught with their pants down. Creating as many single orders from each various retailer is the smartest thing you can do. You can either get with the program or else risk missing out.
I got my email and now I'm done ordering. I just think that there is a thing as "too many" contingencies that hurt others

I got my email and now I'm done ordering. I just think that there is a thing as "too many" contingencies that hurt others
It's a prisoner's dilemma. You might as well get yours. There is no benefit to "playing nice". It just creates risk of hurting your own chances. Not ordering, or releasing your preorders isn't going to help anyone. Sure if everyone cooperated there would be one system for many more people. But it doesn't work that way. Volume buyers will just buy more; the systems will still sell out on the same minute regardless of what you choose to do. If you truly want to help someone, buy an extra and hook up someone on here. That's helping.

'Not ordering' is not the same as servicing others. Not unless everyone cooperates. That's just idealism.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did people get notified about Walmart right now? I didnt get any notification. What am i missing(other than the SNES)?
tracker app by i4 on android/iphone nowinstock.net

nowinstock.net is usually a few minutes faster than tracker on most occasions.

Wtf! He ordered at least 84 Snes minis?
Amazing how I ordered 1 and it got canceled because Walmart claimed my payment info was wrong which was a lie, my credit card company confirmed it was canceled at Walmarts end not the credit card company.

But yet they allow one person to order that many without any cancellations? Really? I'm starting to wonder if employees are manipulating who can get orders online and who can't.

I have proof that my order went through with confirmation e-mail sent and everything order processing, next thing you know another e-mail comes in 10 seconds later and order was canceled. WTF

Amazing how I ordered 1 and it got canceled because Walmart claimed my payment info was wrong which was a lie, my credit card company confirmed it was canceled at Walmarts end not the credit card company.

But yet they allow one person to order that many without any cancellations? Really? I'm starting to wonder if employees are manipulating who can get orders online and who can't.

I have proof that my order went through with confirmation e-mail sent and everything order processing, next thing you know another e-mail comes in 10 seconds later and order was canceled. WTF
I feel ya. I was one of the ones that ordered one from Walmart a few weeks ago when they "mistakenly" put them up for purchase and they all got canceled. Now I have yet to get an online order at all from anywhere.

Not true. I pre-ordered the Metroid 2-pack amiibo via Walmart.com and thought I was good. The card I used ended up being "compromised" (aka they wanted to send me a chipped card to replace my non-chipped card), and I was unable to change the form of payment because of Walmart's antiquated online ordering systems. Luckily I was able to grab one of Best Buy's preorders when they randomly popped up two weeks later, but that was never a guarantee. It sucks that people have to preorder five copies of something from five different retailers just to ensure that they end up with ONE, but...Nintendo. Hopefully the people that get five will return four back into the wild and then your little fee fees can become unhurt.

Have you been able to order anything else with that login/card combo at walmart recently? I had my account compromised once and walmart just cancelled every future order I placed within minutes. Had to make a new account with new email.

Not true. I pre-ordered the Metroid 2-pack amiibo via Walmart.com and thought I was good. The card I used ended up being "compromised" (aka they wanted to send me a chipped card to replace my non-chipped card), and I was unable to change the form of payment because of Walmart's antiquated online ordering systems. Luckily I was able to grab one of Best Buy's preorders when they randomly popped up two weeks later, but that was never a guarantee. It sucks that people have to preorder five copies of something from five different retailers just to ensure that they end up with ONE, but...Nintendo. Hopefully the people that get five will return four back into the wild and then your little fee fees can become unhurt.
See now I'm worried, my old card will be useless within one week for the new chip card.
Is it possible to change my payment info to my current new card?

Have you been able to order anything else with that login/card combo at walmart recently? I had my account compromised once and walmart just cancelled every future order I placed within minutes. Had to make a new account with new email.
Yes I recently ordered two pre-order copies of Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 using same account with same credit card with no problems. Orders went through and card charged just fine. But these SNES Classic orders are being canceled by Walmart themselves but they are claiming its a payment issue, my credit card company confirmed the payment went through just fine but Walmart back charged and canceled. So there is something suspicious going on with Walmart and these SNES Classic pre-orders. I looked at Walmarts twitter mentions and some people are experiencing the same thing as me. Suspect as hell.

according to some twitter users and one upset scalper Rick M‏ @jstanotherant  5m

5 minutes ago

More

How many people selling pre orders of #SNESClassic just got that email from Amazon canceling multiple orders? You guys suck @amazon

amazon is sending out cancel emails to those who ordered multiples from amazon. So maybe we could see some pop up on amazon this weekend. 

edit: amazon is also sending out emails confirming orders but that they might be delayed by a week or two. 

Anyone else get an email from amazon saying they might not be able to deliver your order on the promised date?
Yes, I did and a friend of mine also received the same notice.

Hello,

We're contacting you about order xxxxxxxxxxxxxx for Super NES Classic.

We recently learned that we may miss your delivery promise and apologize for the inconvenience. You will still receive your order of Super NES Classic. We are working hard to ensure you get this item as soon as it is in stock. You can track the status of, or make any changes to, your order under Your Orders on Amazon.com.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Amazon.com

I would worry about it, but they are not worded like the other Amazon backorder emails where they ask if you want to cancel your order and say "We will do our best to obtain this item". I've had a couple items do that where they sent 2 or 3 of these delay emails and then just canceled my order.

Also, they do flat out say "You will still receive your order of Super NES Classic.". I'm just hoping it's a delay of a few days rather than weeks or something.

Yes, I did and a friend of mine also received the same notice.

Hello,

We're contacting you about order xxxxxxxxxxxxxx for Super NES Classic.

We recently learned that we may miss your delivery promise and apologize for the inconvenience. You will still receive your order of Super NES Classic. We are working hard to ensure you get this item as soon as it is in stock. You can track the status of, or make any changes to, your order under Your Orders on Amazon.com.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Amazon.com

I would worry about it, but they are not worded like the other Amazon backorder emails where they ask if you want to cancel your order and say "We will do our best to obtain this item". I've had a couple items do that where they sent 2 or 3 of these delay emails and then just canceled my order.

Also, they do flat out say "You will still receive your order of Super NES Classic.". I'm just hoping it's a delay of a few days rather than weeks or something.
Yea. It is a little refreshing that the message says "You will still receive your SNES". Like you said, usually they are just the same automated message. They clearly went out of they're way to add that. So that's keeping me optimistic. :)

See now I'm worried, my old card will be useless within one week for the new chip card.
Is it possible to change my payment info to my current new card?
I called Walmart customer service and they said they had no way in their system to change the form of payment. I told them when they go to process that order, my card will be declined so I need them to release the inventory from that transaction and resell it to me on my new card. They said they couldn't do that either. I also called my cc issuing company and asked if they could clear just ONE transaction for xx.xx amount on xx/xx/xx date from xxxxxxx retailer and THEY said that wasn't possible. Best Buy changed the form of payment on my BotW Champions amiibo within five minutes during my commute. So YMMV depending on retailer, cc company, how smooth you are with customer service, etc.; but I would try to secure a new order on your new card ASAP to avoid being left out in the cold.

Atm I'm sitting at..

1 super famicom amazon uk
1 super famicom game
2 snes Target
1 snes best buy
1 snes Walmart
1 snes Amazon

From what I've heard on Amazon, they cut orders of multiples to one, but if you had multiple separate orders those made it so far

Just got an email from Walmart saying

We're processing a refund for your recent order
and I nearly shit myself. Then I clicked on it and realized I ordered Fuse last week and forgot to pick it up. Whew! :whee:

My SNES delivery date is still showing Sept 30.

I was one of the last people to get an order confirmation email last night after the chaos. I will assume that means I'll be one of the last to get a cancellation email today.

Just got an email from Walmart saying

and I nearly shit myself. Then I clicked on it and realized I ordered Fuse last week and forgot to pick it up. Whew! :whee:

My SNES delivery date is still showing Sept 30.
Nice, mine shows oct 9, not about to even try to bother them about it and risk someone cancelling my order

Walmart is a joke. I'm so glad I don't have my pre-orders through them. I feel bad for you guys that got your orders cancelled for a second time.

Why are people worried about walmart?  Aside from that first wave a while back that was a mistake, and one guy's cancellation here, seems everyone with orders from the last couple days are solid.

Had one of my SNES classic purchases canceled by Walmart for this bs:

"We're really sorry, but we've canceled the items shown below because we couldn't verify some or all of your payment information. "

Wtf. I use this card almost every day and used it when I bought another SNES classic on a 2nd Walmart account, and that one says it's in the 'Preparing order' phase. This after Walmart canceled my order when they pulled that BS from a few weeks ago. 

The little faith I had in Walmart is dwindling but at least I still get one (as of now, at least). Glad I didn't order just one...

Amazon: did anyone not get the email about a potential delay? I got it in the same email where they cancelled my second console in the same order.

Walmart: did anyone get a delivery date of 9/29 or is everyone's 10/9?

Best Buy: has anyone heard anything about these? I haven't heard that multiple orders were cancelled or that any have been confirmed good by the company.

Best Buy: has anyone heard anything about these? I haven't heard that multiple orders were cancelled or that any have been confirmed good by the company.
My order for one unit still says 9/29 in my account. Haven't heard from them since getting an order confirmation email. If it's delayed, no big deal.

I'm more worried that my 2 bundles i got on gamestop dont show up in my preorders yet. However, I have a confirmation from both gamestop and from paypal. The only preorder that shows up is my in store one that I made earlier that day at the store near my work.

Could easily be fake with how easy it would be to fake that image.  But you guys can all go along with it and get your panties in a wad if you want.

Mine changed to arrives by Tuesday 10/3 as well (no email). Cautious excitement!

My goal was to have 2 preorders in place in case one fell through. Between this and the in-store GS order, I am hopeful. If I end up getting both, I know exactly whose Christmas will brighten up.

Is it normal for Target to only send a single email confirming the purchase of a SNES Classic?
I didn't get anything else telling me when it would ship or the like.

I am still unhappy with Target for canceling Amiibo on me in the past due to "Insufficient stock" , and I'm worried they might repeat the same cancellations with this. Seconds after my order went through people started reporting site crashes and other weird issues.

Missed the whole pre-order fiasco while on vacation but seeing a total solar eclipse and then spending 3 days on the gulf was totally worth it (got out just before Harvey ehe). Seems like most people missed out since they did this quietly so I don't feel too bad. Hopefully they come back at some point but I already have my NESC that plays SNES games just fine.

bread's done
Back