SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Everyone who thinks there will be enough of these to go around for each person who wants one is delusional. Yes, the supply is 3-4 times more, but the demand is probably 10 times more. There is no way the supply will meet the demand.

I got in line about an hour ago. Now up to 48 people with about 50 consoles.

Everyone who thinks there will be enough of these to go around for each person who wants one is delusional. Yes, the supply is 3-4 times more, but the demand is probably 10 times more. There is no way the supply will meet the demand.
lmao let the freaking out begin!

If you're really worried about scoring one of these then just camp out on CAG late tonight and tomorrow morning. They'll go up for sale online at least a couple sites. Likely Amazon in the early AM or tomorrow in the early afternoon. Prolly Target.com tomorrow morning too. Those sites always leave some allocation for online sales. It's up to you whether you want to F5 CAG or not. Honestly Amazon should have a ton of them still.

Goodness... I made Starbucks for my Walmart midnight release, but now I'm concerned I'll be too late for the line and I'll have no reason to stay awake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just what is happening with Amazon? I have one of those weird Nintendo Digital orders. Is that a legit order and will it actually go through? Or am I SOL unless I camp out right after work?

Meijer stores in the Midwest won't release numbers but Twitter discussions I've seen make it seem like there's under 15 per store. I arrived at 7:30 and within half an hour 5 showed up.

My gamestop bundles are shipping and i have an in store preorder at the gamestop near my work. Of course i no longer need 3 of them, only 2. And if it IS easier to find them.. i may return both bundles, or at least 1. I hope it goes well for everyone. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's about 18 people in line in front of me at Wal-Mart. I screwed up: this Wal-Mart isn't listed on the tracking website.

I started a rumor that there was only 20 (by being on the phone and saying "this store is getting 20, so I'm good as long as it's one per customer). People at the front of the line are now warning newcomers that the store's alotment is spoken for. Whoops.

Heh, some locations have 10 or more times as many SNESCs as there were NESCs in the original allotment. Given the large numbers and it being essentially the same as the NESC but with a different "skin", demand may still be higher than the NESC but I'd wager not by much. Between the inventory counts I've seen and the variety of physical chains and undoubtedly online stores that will have them available within 24 hours, I'm not sweating it. I've got hundreds of physical locations that will have it within a hundred miles of me tomorrow...surely one close by will have one available with my name on it.

We'll know what's what soon enough.

There's about 18 people in line in front of me at Wal-Mart. I screwed up: this Wal-Mart isn't listed on the tracking website.

I started a rumor that there was only 20 (by being on the phone and saying "this store is getting 20, so I'm good as long as it's one per customer). People at the front of the line are now warning newcomers that the store's alotment is spoken for. Whoops.
Glad to see you're willing to lie over a $80 product. Sad.

My order from Walmart just shipped, weird enough they didn't charge me? free snes!

wThdA0E.png
It's walmart. They'll charge you - you should really be worried they don't charge you twice.

Glad to see you're willing to lie over a $80 product. Sad.
I probably should have clarified that it was accidental, i based my count on my estimate of the average of all the local stores. Not my fault someone overheard me talking on the phone.

Also, people still end comments with "Sad."...?

Euro version has gone in and out of stock 4 times on Amazon Italy over the past few hours.  Started around 2 am their time, then again 5 am and a couple of times since.

WM near the house is allowing customers to purchase 2. They had a list that an associate just removed. He then read the last couple of names and informed those people they would not receive a system. Glad I got in on the B.B. pre order. I still want to trade an unopened NES Classic for a Euro SNES. How do we assure that someone does not agree to a trade and then send a box of rocks? I have traded and our purchased things for CAGers but never anything like this.

WM near the house is allowing customers to purchase 2. They had a list that an associate just removed. He then read the last couple of names and informed those people they would not receive a system. Glad I got in on the B.B. pre order. I still want to trade an unopened NES Classic for a Euro SNES. How do we assure that someone does not agree to a trade and then send a box of rocks? I have traded and our purchased things for CAGers but never anything like this.
Just look at the cag rep and posts. Pretty easy really.

Any midnight releases? I have one preordered at my local gamestop but unsure if theyre doing a midnight. Prob not cuz no one is picking up the phone. Im probably gonna return my 2 gamestop bundles but not before i see if i can get 2 systems not in a bundle. Dont wanna pay an extra $100 a piece if i dont have to.

Starting a rumor :roll: Let me roll my eyes into the back of my head....

I'm lovin' it...pro-tip: don't go to the City Targets...especially if they are near colleges.

1.24 Miles
Available Qty: 48     Price: $79.99
2.15 Miles
Available Qty: 247     Price: $79.99
2.55 Miles
Available Qty: 196     Price: $79.99
3.2 Miles
Available Qty: 63     Price: $79.99
4.11 Miles
Available Qty: 180     Price: $79.99
5.09 Miles
Available Qty: 58     Price: $79.99
5.33 Miles
Available Qty: 63     Price: $79.99
6.19 Miles
Available Qty: 138     Price: $79.99
7.89 Miles
Available Qty: 147     Price: $79.99
8.43 Miles
Available Qty: 206     Price: $79.99
8.68 Miles
Available Qty: 185     Price: $79.99
12.97 Miles
Available Qty: 302     Price: $79.99
6.07 Miles
Available Qty: 246     Price: $79.99
6.88 Miles
Available Qty: 118     Price: $79.99
10.94 Miles
Available Qty: 248     Price: $79.99
10.97 Miles
Available Qty: 138     Price: $79.99
10.59 Miles
Available Qty: 136     Price: $79.99
11.35 Miles
Available Qty: 89     Price: $79.99
11.8 Miles
Available Qty: 98     Price: $79.99
13.08 Miles
Available Qty: 165     Price: $79.99

I'm #2 out of 3 in line. Brickseek shows 15 received.

Employee told us they only got 3 at this store. Funny how they've sold 12 since scanning them into inventory on Wednesday.

Starting a rumor :roll: Let me roll my eyes into the back of my head....
Did you keep reading? I said a few posts later that it was accidental. Seriously, why would i start a rumor on purpose for people in line behind me when i was already in line?

On subject, an employee just came through the line and finally went to the 42nd (i believe) person and told them they were the last one. There were far more at this location than i expected.

Did you keep reading? I said a few posts later that it was accidental. Seriously, why would i start a rumor on purpose for people in line behind me when i was already in line?

On subject, an employee just came through the line and finally went to the 42nd (i believe) person and told them they were the last one. There were far more at this location than i expected.
How many people were there by that point total (beyond the lucky 42)? Would be interesting to get rough estimates of line counts particularly with regards to locations. Very surprised by how few Walmarts seem to have gotten.

How many people were there by that point total (beyond the lucky 42)? Would be interesting to get rough estimates of line counts particularly with regards to locations. Very surprised by how few Walmarts seem to have gotten.
Just a thought, I don't know what there allotments are but there are more Walmart stores than the other big name stores. I think target comes close but they don't go real rural.

Just a thought, I don't know what there allotments are but there are more Walmart stores than the other big name stores. I think target comes close but they don't go real rural.
Very true...most of the big cities are the reverse however, with many Target stores and Walmarts fewer and far between, so it skews my perspective most definitely.

9 minutes, East Coasters...

I was sitting down, so i didn't see how many, but probably about a dozen.

Since then, probably more than that have joined the line. I imagine she'll be coming back through to let them know.

I think we're pretty even on walmarts versus targets in this area. In fact, there are several that are pretty much next to each other.

A couple more minutes. They just led the line to the other side of electronics.

bread's done
Back