SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Love it!!!

KDn3lFl.jpg

West Nashville Walmart here. They got 24 in this location. I showed up at 10:00 PM and was 13th. When the line filled at 10:45 PM, they handed out tickets, and so now we just wait.

Did you keep reading? I said a few posts later that it was accidental. Seriously, why would i start a rumor on purpose for people in line behind me when i was already in line?

On subject, an employee just came through the line and finally went to the 42nd (i believe) person and told them they were the last one. There were far more at this location than i expected.
My eye roll was for your choice of phrasing of "started a rumor", who talks like that, seriously, are you 12?

Miami, Florida
Walmart in west Kendall.

About 40 people lined up since 10pm.

At 11:55pm, manager comes out stating they never got the Snes in. They anticipate an afternoon delivery but not 100%.

FML!

Wal-Mart in Orlando knew nothing about the SNES Classic. Went a little before midnight EST and there was about 5 people waiting buy the electronics checkout. The asst. mgr came from the back said none are back there and not sure when they will get any. 

The Walmart I was in did indeed have 15. There were 5 customers. They had a hard limit of 1 each, assistant manager said fromcorporate and they were warned that security camera footage would be watched to ensure they hadn't violated that.

Wal-Mart in Orlando knew nothing about the SNES Classic. Went a little before midnight EST and there was about 5 people waiting buy the electronics checkout. The asst. mgr came from the back said none are back there and not sure when they will get any.
Miami, Florida
Walmart in west Kendall.

At 11:55pm, manager comes out stating they never got the Snes in. They anticipate an afternoon delivery but not 100%.

FML!
Ouch...could it be delayed shipments/arrivals resulting from the hurricanes? What does brickseek show for your areas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami, Florida
Walmart in west Kendall.

FML!
Just came back from the Doral Wal-mart Supercenter here in Miami and they also said that none came in with the shipment.

Can we assume that there's something up with Wal-mart's stock in Florida?

Ug. I was on my way to the walmart in doral now.

I doubt hurricane Irma has anything to do with walmart shipments in Florida but who knows ...

Ug. I was on my way to the walmart in doral now.

I doubt hurricane Irma has anything to do with walmart shipments in Florida but who knows ...
Hope i saved you the trip, i was also about to head to West Kendall since they always had good stock on hard to find shit in the past like the Switch.

fuck it, i'll just head on to bed.

Definitely egg on my face for expecting this to be any different than the NES Classic shitshow.

Well that was surprisingly easy... waltzed in around 12:20 and scored two at a location here in Lynchburg, VA with no line whatsoever. According to Brickseek they started with 30.

I can't see any actual quantity on Target Brickseek in my area yet--says unknown. How are ya'll getting numbers for Target already?

BestBuy's the safest bet, since they announced a ticketing system. But I'd really prefer Target since I got credit I wanna get rid of.

I can't see any actual quantity on Target Brickseek in my area yet--says unknown. How are ya'll getting numbers for Target already?

BestBuy's the safest bet, since they announced a ticketing system. But I'd really prefer Target since I got credit I wanna get rid of.
I'm going to target at 9 am, anyone who wanted one would be in line tonight.

There are a loooooooot of Target stores with high 100's and quite a few with 200+ all the way up to 300.  They're mainly in the major cities but I'm feeling pretty confident on this one.  There are even a hell of a lot of Target stores still returning 0 but that had very high inventory counts show up earlier in the week, so the 100K number that they currently have in stores is actually much lower than the actual amount.  

No one is selling online this time? Thought for sure Best Buy or Gamestop would but some up online, guess they are tired of it knocking the website offline.

I just hope they made enough to really knock the price down on eBay. That will make them available everywhere if the resale value sucks.

Quick ran to my nearest Walmart at midnight, they were getting 25. They had cut the line and sent people home, but I decided to stick it out. About halfway through, they realized they were short... Apparently some dude with a kid let his buddy hop in line, so they got at least one extra unit... I didn't want to stick around for the drama, so I left. People are A holes...

Has anyone had their Walmart orders ship yet? Still in "Preparing Order" like it has been all week.Preparing order

The Walmart I was at was listed on Brickseed as having 36 units. At about 11pm CT, I could count over 40 people in line. At 11:45, they announced there were only 36 consoles (I was 15th in line). Then they counted people in line and sent over ten people home empty handed. I'm glad I got there by 10pm because it seems there were 36 people in line before 11pm.
047786ae407e473811e55b7d24e9de4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone had their Walmart orders ship yet? Still in "Preparing Order" like it has been all week.Preparing order
Mine says shipped and has a tracking # when I go into order history; but I didn't get any email. Even though it says shipped it says delivery date of Monday, October 9th...

Hope i saved you the trip, i was also about to head to West Kendall since they always had good stock on hard to find shit in the past like the Switch.

fuck it, i'll just head on to bed.

Definitely egg on my face for expecting this to be any different than the NES Classic shitshow.
Yup, friend checked out the Florida City Walmart and I went to the Cutler Bay Walmart. Both gave us the same story about how they hadn't received the shipment yet and to call in the morning to see if their trucks had already come by.

I got lucky: my BestBuy order arrived at 8 AM this morning, Thursday 8/28.  Was able to pick it up from local post office.

I also have one at BB for local pick up (I ordered one each way since I basically don't trust them with big time pre-orders).  They really came through.  Prob just gonna cancel that one so someone else can have it  :)

Did anyone from the US order one of those Amazon UK SNES units?  I like that look!

Local Walmart had 27.  They handed out tickets prior to midnight.  Once 12:01 hit and you weren't there when they called your number they resold it.  One person missed out and my dad actually bought it.  Good luck to those still searching.

Local Walmart had 27. They handed out tickets prior to midnight. Once 12:01 hit and you weren't there when they called your number they resold it. One person missed out and my dad actually bought it. Good luck to those still searching.
chill this shit isnt even rare

acting like you hit a gold mine paying $160 for 40 year old roms

There are a loooooooot of Target stores with high 100's and quite a few with 200+ all the way up to 300. They're mainly in the major cities but I'm feeling pretty confident on this one. There are even a hell of a lot of Target stores still returning 0 but that had very high inventory counts show up earlier in the week, so the 100K number that they currently have in stores is actually much lower than the actual amount.
Probably missing 2-3K (48 stores) so maybe somewhere around 105,000 total in store.

Leaving work tonight I saw about 6 people already waiting at 9:30pm for them at my local Best Buy. I'll wish them luck, I'm sure one of them will get my second pre-ordered one that they canceled. Will be interesting to stop by on my break to see if there are any left and how it went. 

After getting burned on the Walmart preorder fiasco, I was able to get one tonight at the midnight launch! They had 20 units total. I showed up at 10pm and was #4.  They let a guy get two.   The walmart rep that carted them out was spaced out as fuck. Kept pacing in place like he couldn't stand still, was holding one each and shaking them and juggling them and callously dropping them back into the kart and picking the units back up again until midnight came.  Such blatant disregard for merchandise. I know it's Walmart, but jesus christ man.  He seriously gave me the creeps in general.

Too bad I didn't know about this thread earlier. I thought there would be one in the regular video game section and that they wouldn't start selling these in stores until the morning. Probably too late to line up anywhere.

bread's done
Back