SNES Classic Discussion Thread

A friend of mine walked into a target right at 8a opening, no waiting in line. Got a ticket and queued, after waiting for his turn he bought one without issue. In and out in under 30 minutes.

I said to him they should make people open the console at time of purchase. Let's see how many try to back out.

I'm putting my money on ZERO people

since there's no seals or anything hehe

Target was EZ

Had 40ish systems only 15 people at opening.

All gone now according to brickseek tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have any Brickseek links, for WM or Target? I tried searching for them on the website and results return nothing. 

A friend of mine walked into a target right at 8a opening, no waiting in line. Got a ticket and queued, after waiting for his turn he bought one without issue. In and out in under 30 minutes.

I said to him they should make people open the console at time of purchase. Let's see how many try to back out.
FLOL, these aren't sealed. Open it up, close it right back up and it's still "brand new unopened" by all appearances.

Doors open in 3 minutes at my Target. They handed out tickets to about 45 people in line and they said that's all they have.

All the stores within 50 miles of Boston are going to be sold out by 10:30. I doubt that any store that's open right now has any stock. 

FLOL, these aren't sealed. Open it up, close it right back up and it's still "brand new unopened" by all appearances.

Well of course actually open the product, not just the box flap! My friend sent me a photo of the people in line, about 20 in front of him. I would bet a large sum of cash the console is not for most of the people in front of him.

Oh hey, Target is promising to have mine to me in two weeks...it's shipping from AZ, like 3 states away from me.  You'd think they could manage to get it sooner than that.  BB had it to people on Wednesday.  Glad this is an xmas gift and I didn't need it right this second

Yeah, looks like I won't be getting one of these today, but they're lasting over an hour at the stores out here, which is nice.  I may get lucky today, but I feel pretty good about getting one of these eventually.

Not sure if anyone said before but why do some stores show inventory and others don't? Example: 1st Target says 51 2nd Target says Out of Stock and it said that last night too. Is there just no inventory checked into the site for those stores or what's the deal?

Well of course actually open the product, not just the box flap! My friend sent me a photo of the people in line, about 20 in front of him. I would bet a large sum of cash the console is not for most of the people in front of him.
"Actually open the product"...okay, pull the tray out, remove the console from its plastic baggy, unwind the twist ties on the controller cords...wow that's truly impossible to put back in place and put back in the box now! Never mind as if one could be compelled to open a product they had legally paid for and now owned and possessed and is theirs to do with as they please.

Just got back from my local target in bergen county, NJ right across the hudson river from NYC and they had at least 100 units. I was 42nd in line. by the time they opened maybe 60 or so tickets were given out with a 1 per customer limit. I did see some obvious resellers. Like the dude with his parents and what looked like his grandmother and girlfriend all snaging one lol. anyways they had things well organized with plenty of staff opening the cases while two others did checkout on two registers. I guess they wanted to make things smooth and hope people would shop more after said purchase.

I did hear walmarts for the most part got limited stock or have not gotten most shipments in yet.

I did ask the target manager how they would sell them going forward. She said unless the demand dies down they will continue to hand out tickets prior to opening whenever a restock comes in. I guess people that miss out will just have to show up each morning and hope a shipment comes in.

Glad i got mine without having to resort to paying more than retail. I guess nintendo is slowly learning..... I just hope that they increase production further because although they did a much better job this go around i think they still have no clue how big this product could be if they could only meet true demand.

Target in Fairfield NJ started with 155 and is now down to 31. If you're close and leave now, you can possibly still get one there. Seem to literally be selling one per minute so they won't make 10am. Everywhere else in Northern NJ is tapped as far as Wal-Mart and Target go.

And those Amazon orders are not looking good at all right now. Viva Target.com.

I went to a Target store that opened at 7am and got one.  Went to another that opened at 8am and got another one.   They had 39 units at one and 44 at the other.  People that walked up a minute before opening scored at the first one.   They still had a few tickets left after opening at the second.  

All the stores in my area are selling through, but it was easy to score one.  Best Buy should have a ton of them at 10am.  Prolly lines of 50-60ish with 100+ units at most locations. 

Except a real Nintendo fan would already know that their system boxes don't have seals so it wouldn't matter.

My Walmart.com order is still at the "Preparing" stage. Hopefully they don't cancel it for some reason. I did manage to get one at Meijer at midnight, so my hubby will have one either way at least :)

I went to a Target store that opened at 7am and got one. Went to another that opened at 8am and got another one. They had 39 units at one and 44 at the other. People that walked up a minute before opening scored at the first one. They still had a few tickets left after opening at the second.

All the stores in my area are selling through, but it was easy to score one. Best Buy should have a ton of them at 10am. Prolly lines of 50-60ish with 100+ units at most locations.
Seeing stuff like this makes me think that maybe it'll be ok if I just wait a bit longer. I'd really love one now but I'm just too bogged down with work and life.

Got to Target 2 minutes after opening. They already passed out tickets but the guy in front of me said they had 36 and the person right in front of him had number 26. So I was 28th, in and out in less then 10 minutes.

How long is the cord on these controllers? Do we need extension cables like the original nes classic?

Best buy preorder arrived yesterday.  Wal Mart preorder shipped this morning and arriving on 10/5. Much smoother than the NES classic.

Crap the Target near me says only 4 left after they opened, I hope the wife can get 1! Still nothing on the other Target any ideas on why it says no stock?

Seeing stuff like this makes me think that maybe it'll be ok if I just wait a bit longer. I'd really love one now but I'm just too bogged down with work and life.
Yeah. They are nearly filling their initial demand on release day. I expect there to be restocks a couple times a month too. But it's also true that today will likely be the easiest day to score one. It might be harder to find out about shipments ahead of time on future restocks.

Future availability is going to be directly determined by aftermarket prices during the next two days. i.e. whether or not people go buy more.

Got to Target 2 minutes after opening. They already passed out tickets but the guy in front of me said they had 36 and the person right in front of him had number 26. So I was 28th, in and out in less then 10 minutes.
How long is the cord on these controllers? Do we need extension cables like the original nes classic?
The cord is about the same length as the one snes controller. Longer than the nes classic but still not too long.

I didn't realize that the Target I was targeting opened at 7am. I drove up at 6:50 am and was still able to get a ticket. This store has 124. I'm inside the store waiting to pay.

^This is at the Manhattan Beach Target. Around 70-80 people in line.

Woke up over an hour after Target opened, but brickseek said they had 23 left so I drove down.  Got there in time for the 7th to last.  Easy peasy.

A friend of mine (CO) walked into his 24 hour Walmart around 8:00 this morning and they still had four on the shelf. 

All of the Walmart's here have sold out.

Wife should be picking up my online Best Buy order in a couple hours.

Waiting in line at a Target (Cottle rd in San Jose) for around an hour before they open and they just handed out the tickets. Was #56 in line and looks like they had a lot more tickets available. So im guessing this store has at least 100.

Oh hey, Target is promising to have mine to me in two weeks...it's shipping from AZ, like 3 states away from me. You'd think they could manage to get it sooner than that. BB had it to people on Wednesday. Glad this is an xmas gift and I didn't need it right this second
Same here, although I'm further away. Just glad I didn't have to camp for one...

Uneventful morning at the gamestop in Syracuse NY. I was one of the lucky 7 who had an in store preorder back from August. I got there about 945 for a 10 am opening because I wanted to make sure my system wasn't going to get sold to anyone else.

There was about 8 people in line when I got there. They had 14 additional units to sell beyond preorders. By 10 am there was around that number. I was out of there by 1015, and they had the preorders separated from the walk ins which was nice.

They only had about 5 of the wireless controllers, which I didn't know existed. The girl in front of me bought the last 2, which sucked.

just got off the phone with a local toys r us, they are completely sold out already, guess their numbers were weak compared to demand

and from these recent posts it sounds like west coast demand is way higher compared to rest of usa

Got to work and decided to see how Walmart held up over night here in my part of so cal. All of them are sold out except one that says they have 3, but I wouldn't trust it. All local target stocks have finally shown up on brickseek. Will watch it and see if the closest one by work still has any come lunch time.

My local GameStop in Orlando had 16. I was 8th in line. Got there at 7:45. In and out once the doors opened at 10am. While I was checking out the phone was ringing like crazy. The associate answered and explained that they had about 10 left and there was 20 people in line. The lady on the phone wanted him to set one aside for her. LOL. She got mad when he said no.

I tried my luck and drove by another shopping center that had a Target, GameStop and Toys R Us but they were all sold out by the time I got there at 10:30am.

I had to work today, so I couldn't pick one up. Everything I'm reading here makes me feel pretty good about getting one from the next batch though.

Got one. I was 17 out of 85 at my local Target...I got their at 620 AM and they still had plenty of tickets when they were handing out tickets. Everybody that got in line got a ticket (with at least 20 left over). Congrats Nintendo, you didn't fuck this one up :p.

Anyone know how long GameStop holds the SNES preorders for? I know on certain items it is 24 hours only and wanted to check since I have work late today.
I think their policy is 48 hours if you put a preorder deposit down. A week if you paid in full. At least that's the policy at my local store.

bread's done
Back