SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Local target stock starting to shrink and some stores now sold out.
Yeah I decided on impulse to drive to Target near my office in West Los Angeles. Got there right after store opening, but they did the ticket thing and all were claimed. Brickseek said store had 75 before opening, and it was down to 3 by the times I got back. Figures I got Amazon Teasure Truck while driving back to office. I'll just have to wait for slow ass FedEx Surepost to deliver next Thurs.

Oh and fuck Amazon and their treasure trucks. More like FU truck amirite? :razz:

My Long Island, NY BB had 246. Lined up at 8:45 and was #66. By 11am, they still had about 80 remaining and no line. Supposedly this store got thrown largest allotment for BB on LI

Talked to an Amazon customer service rep. She said it should be shipped by oct.11, but could be sooner. Meh.
That's cool I can wait.. Just needed to know if i need to cancel amazon preorder or not. From all these reported numbers Nintendo really upped the amount vs nes launch. This is like 10x as many available on launch day. Not worried at all.

Strolled into best buy an hour after they opened and they still had like 25 units. Must be my lucky day. They let me snag 2, one for my coworker. This was the mayfield heights, OH location.

On another note, this mom behind me was asking the store manager if she could resume her spot on line for the register since she walked off line. Meanwhile, her toddler was climbing out of the shopping cart and was dangling. I had to tell her about him. Caring more about SNES that she was already guaranteed than her own toddler. Idiot

That's cool I can wait.. Just needed to know if i need to cancel amazon preorder or not. From all these reported numbers Nintendo really upped the amount vs nes launch. This is like 10x as many available on launch day. Not worried at all.
Exactly..the market will be flooded with these continually for the next year. Wait until all the resellers start returning their multiple/extra speculative purchases after its apparent that there is no money to be made in them. At that point demand will quickly drop like a rock

Just got a text from Amazon, SNES is available in the Twin Cities via the Treasure Truck! 12pm- 8pm. Too bad I'm at work/busy this evening or I'd grab one!

All my local targets are now pretty much sold out with just a handful showing less then 10. These things flew off the shelves here. Wonder how Best Buy's are doing.

Ugh so I have a preorder with Wal mart but at the beginning of the month my CC info was stolen and I had to get a new card. Walmart doesn’t have the option to update payment. I’m hoping they send me an email saying payment can’t go through and they give me an option to update it. It’s been “in process” all morning. I have a bad feeling they’re just going to cancel it.

If brickseek is not too delayed, looks like I could have gotten one at target right on my way to work today, but didn't stop because my evil boss would have complained if I was 15 minutes late. Sure I could have gotten up earlier to avoid being late, but I prefer to put my anger and blame on my boss.

After barely even trying, I have three of these now.  Walmart at midnight, Target this morning, and now the Amazon Treasure Truck.  I guess I'll flip two of them.

I have one ordered from Amazon.de that has shipped and scheduled to be here on Monday. I would like to have a US one as well. I have called a few places and they have them but are running low on stock. I am at work, unable to leave at all for another five hours.

The only person I can think to call is my wife who is at work but she didn't answer her phone of course. She is always busy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still interested in the NESC for Euro SNES trade. Shadow Moses mentioned the trade most recently however a couple weeks ago a couple CAGs reached out. I am not sure if they are still interested or if their orders came through.

Not that I need it but I'm sure others were counting on this and not going out. That's bs that they decided to do this but not honor the orders that were made. I guess I'll get a free month of prime and some credit.
What? Did you hear they aren't honoring orders or just speculating?

That treasure truck would be a real score to carjack. Just saying.

i cancelled my amazon.de order as soon as i saw a charge reported, was not worth the extra ~$40, altho i would like to have a euro one closer to $79 usd price but most likely not gonna happen

If anyone needs help picking up from the Treasure Truck at the Grove, just send me ur QR code and I can get it later today when I pick up my orders ;-)

Treasure Truck sold out pretty quickly in LA. Same with Targets, and that includes 3 stores within 10-15 miles of me which all were among the top 5-10 stores in terms of inventory counts in the country (250, 225, and another one with 200+)

It seems most targets are selling out within 2 hours of opening, and today was probably only the hardcore and resellers in line.  Time will tell if the stock in resellers hands right now is oversaturation. $20 less profit than NES but a lot selling only in the $140-$150 range.

It seems that "unknown" quantity on brickseek is the same as 0.  Thought it just wasn't updated yet for some stores, but saw one go from 150+ to now "unknown".

Has anyone order from Walmart.com shipped past the shipping lable yet?
They had authorized charged my old card and I'm worried that it isn't going to ship. 

It seems most targets are selling out within 2 hours of opening, and today was probably only the hardcore and resellers in line. Time will tell if the stock in resellers hands right now is oversaturation. $20 less profit than NES but a lot selling only in the $140-$150 range.

It seems that "unknown" quantity on brickseek is the same as 0. Thought it just wasn't updated yet for some stores, but saw one go from 150+ to now "unknown".
I think right now resellers are undercutting each other then it will rise with which I assume will be small restocks of these systems through the end of year

Still 3 months until Christmas and no panic-inducing statement by nintendo that they are halting production, and actually the opposite, so I am going to guess people still have a good chance at getting one at msrp, and resale prices should not rise over $200 and even dip after initial demand. This will probably be a very common ad item for black friday (at msrp).

i cancelled my amazon.de order as soon as i saw a charge reported, was not worth the extra ~$40, altho i would like to have a euro one closer to $79 usd price but most likely not gonna happen

It us actually closer to $20 considering taxes for the product it came to 115 USD. Still better than GS bundles.

I seen a Craigslist listing in Bowling Green KY for $1,000 , I hope they sit on it for a while (or karma). 

Some people that I know that weren't able to get in on a NES Classic, were able to get the SNES Classic with no issue this time around. My GameStop had 13 additional, plus the 8 pre-orders, and 3rd party controllers. Aside from the smelly toddlers I had to stand behind, GameStop didn't disappoint me.

I stressed about getting one weeks ago, secured one, and since then, have no longer been stressed.
Similar process for me, but usually involves gastrointestinal tract, releasing one, and then no longer being stressed.

And happens much more often than every few weeks.

Stopped by a GS and they just received the Hori Fight Pads for the SNES so I picked up a couple. Not sure if they will work for anything other than the SNES but they are pretty nice.

You can still get them on ebay <3 :3
Prices have already started to come down considerably. Sure, you still see $250+, but there are some $160 listings in there. I still haven't gotten one (didn't luck out with preorders and had to work today so couldn't stop by any of the retail outlets at opening). But given how much of an initial stock stores had, I feel pretty comfortable waiting 3-4 weeks (or however long) for the next restock and nabbing one then.

Weird cause my Target said 2 left and when my wife got there she told me they said they were gone around 8:30. So I checked brickseek again and it said 2 there but 0 available. Now I'm checking again and now says 2 available again? What's going on?

Weird cause my Target said 2 left and when my wife got there she told me they said they were gone around 8:30. So I checked brickseek again and it said 2 there but 0 available. Now I'm checking again and now says 2 available again? What's going on?
Sounds like some associates have some that they are going to buy

Has anyone order from Walmart.com shipped past the shipping lable yet?
They had authorized charged my old card and I'm worried that it isn't going to ship.
I’m in the same boat. Mine still says processing. But my old cc was canceled due to theft. Hoping they let me update payment and not just cancel.

Just picked up mine at Bestbuy during my lunch break. I saw at least like 20+ SNES classic edition at the in-store pickup location. From now on, I'm doing all my pre-orders from BB.

1yqs6c.jpg

You know what's funny? Best Buy's distribution center says they have -49,000 in stock which means they had to cancel nearly 50,000 multiples that were ordered during the 30 minute preorder window. :shock: :lol:

bread's done
Back