SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I think it's really weird that this thread isn't flying about 5x faster than it is.  It's pretty slow on here considering the magnitude of this release. 

dnrd.jpg
 ​

Got mine from Gamestop.  I rushed out to preorder one when I heard about that a few weeks back.  I was sort of tempted to check the scene last night to see if people were really camping out for one of them but I worked late last night and didn't want to be bothered.  

I think they were there as the Gamestop employee said the phone was ringing just about non-stop all day with people asking if they had any left.  They got only 24 in and it was a huge improvement over the NES qualities that they got in for the entire year. O_O;  I told him that he could have had 224 in today and they all would have sold today.  LOL  

Anyway, I'm glad that's over.  I was really stressing over this as I was afraid they would sell mine to someone and I couldn't get over there until 2.  I saw the Hori controller and I was tempted.  May get one late if I'm in the mood.  I'd be more tempted if it looked more like the SNES controller.  

I think it's really weird that this thread isn't flying about 5x faster than it is. It's pretty slow on here considering the magnitude of this release.
I was thinking the same thing, and only 49 viewers. Even the O F F I C I A L thread in the deals section isn't that frantic. Maybe Puerto Rico was the main source of interest back for the NES. What, too soon?

Went by a Target that Brickseek lists as having 16, thinking it was probably a waste of my time...and it was.  But it was only 10 minutes so whatever.  Guess I'll be keeping an eye out for restocks.

Went to target this morning maybe 5 minutes before open and was #36/37 of 64. GF and I both got one then went to BB and got tickets #8 and 9 of (?) since they wouldn't disclose numbers. Had breakfast and came back at 10 and all tickets had been claimed so we each got ours and checked the GS across the street that ended up being sold out already (guess they only got pre-orders). Satisfied, we called it a day and our area is more or less sold out now but it was a joke how easy it was to get. Our extras are already spoken for so all in all, it was a good day and we didn't have to camp out at all.

That said, can't wait for the restock madness because it's like taking candy from a baby. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't get a SNES Classic today (Amazon order still twiddling its virtual thumbs), but I did get the Playing with Super Power book in. The hard cover feels rubbery with indents to simulate cartridge grooves and screws. I gave the inside a quick glance and it looks interesting. I'll be reading it over the next few days while I wait for my Amazon order to update.

i really believe the people calling stores don't know how this nintendo launch for their products work.  you have to go in early and try to snag one,  calling is just going to get a no they don't have any, or a yes we have 2 left but we can't hold, you drive over there only to be told we sold out 1 minute after you called.

Waiting on my best buy pre order to be delivered and have an order in with the treasure truck that I'll go grab after work! My brother got one from best buy this morning so all in all it was a success.

Email letting me know I'd get my Target SNES on Friday. Mail came and went, checked again after checking two hours ago and now it says it might arrive anytime between now and October 11th. 

Sounds like somebody wanted a copy for themselves. 

Just got back from picking up my instore Best Buy order.  In and out with no problems a hour or so after they opened.  The manager was ringing me out and mentioned that I was the only person to actually have it preordered at the store.  Every other one was for walk-ins.  I was puzzled at that since I noticed they had about 25 or so on one of those shelf carts behind the desk, which was what I figured they were for.  He told me that they sold through half their stock and they were saving those for sale over the weekend.  I thought whatever, I got mine, I didn't care.  I'm leaving happy.

For the record all the walmarts around me sold out before I even left this morning.  A couple before they were even opened for business *cough*. :roll:

Seems that most stores in my area got like 15-20 on average.  My nearest local walmart got a whole 20 of them a whole 14 more than the entire NESC run for them.  I was actually pretty surprised at that since it's not a big town(I emphasize the classification of town and not city) and the store in the state capital only got 24.

All in all though this still went a 100 times better already than the NESC release imo

If anyone has either a new in box Japanese or UK/Europe release SNES Famicom that they would be willing to trade for my new in box USA release Super Nintendo please contact me. I also have it listed under my eBay name: classicnintendoplastic85 so you can check my feedback and contact me through there to verify that I am the same person. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

These are way easier to get than the NES classics, so better scalp them now while you sill can. Waited an hour last night at walmart with the GF, snagged 2. Went to target this morning at 715, waited till 8 got 2 more (walkups at open still could get one). went over to best buy to pick up my in-store preorder and they still had extras, so we grabbed 2 more right “off the shelf”. Ended up with 7 with almost zero effort.

This was in NorCal

Damn they really messed up your box with that huge sticker on it. wtf.
Yeah those Best Buy stickers usually come off without damaging the box. Except for the time when the employee decided to take the sticker off of my vita case before handing it to me. Dug his nails into the box and ripped several shreds off of the outer layer of the box and then picked at the rest of the sticker until he gave up and handed it to me.

Anyone's Amazon order got shipped? Mine is in the same status "Not yet shipped". Wondering if it just me or other people having the same issue with Amazon

I was thinking the same thing, and only 49 viewers. Even the O F F I C I A L thread in the deals section isn't that frantic. Maybe Puerto Rico was the main source of interest back for the NES. What, too soon?
Funny no one seriously conceived that maybe - just maybe - far fewer ppl give a shit about this than you and gamers in the press thought.

I know, crazy. I think it'd be great just to leave a nice laughing spank on fuckin scalpers everywhere ... Including the asshole ones here. You know who you are.

It's obvious that Nintendo halted all manufacturing of the NES Classic to build up inventory for the SNES Classic and had a few months to do that, so there was a lot more stock on hand this time around, and yet it still sold out within minutes on launch day.

Having more units ready at launch doesn't at all mean they are able to produce new units for restock any faster than last year.  And last year, this was a surprise hit.  There may be even more interest this time around.  I think there's a good chance we see the same scenario play out through the end of the year as we saw last year, where any deliveries are gone within minutes.  But for sure in the short term, flippers will do just fine.  Some of these overanxious folks who never found an NES Classic last year will not want to get stuck in the same spot this year.  I've got one of those in my own family.  It was all her kid wanted, and she searched and scoured to find one at retail right up through the holidays before just completely giving up.  This year, she's willing to just pay the markup on eBay and be done with it.

All stores in my area were out except for Best Buy. Walked in at 12:30pm and got one. They probably still had 10-20 left (and they told me low stock on the phone). I'm glad that I didn't have to get up a few hours after I fell asleep.

Last edited:
These are way easier to get than the NES classics, so better scalp them now while you sill can. Waited an hour last night at walmart with the GF, snagged 2. Went to target this morning at 715, waited till 8 got 2 more (walkups at open still could get one). went over to best buy to pick up my in-store preorder and they still had extras, so we grabbed 2 more right “off the shelf”. Ended up with 7 with almost zero effort.

This was in NorCal
Did you stop and think that the reason you were able to buy 7 so easily was because the supply was so much greater than scalper demand? Hang on to your receipts, you might be needing them ...

Well, at least we know where the Amazon allotment went. Halfway through the 8 hour Treasure Truck dog n pony show, they still had 8 foot high pallets full of them in the truck. And that was after a line of "at least 300" that were waiting before noon according to the reps. They said they had roughly 5000 on the truck at start, and I believe it. That would indeed be a choice truck to (mis)appropriate.

It's hard to make out in the first couple pics, but there are a few pallets wrapped in black plastic full of treasure truck bags, each holding a single SNES classic. An "Amazonian" was cutting into the plastic wrap hence that red you can barely make out inside the blackness are the bags. That dude in the last pic had 8 or so. Yes the phone pics are sideways that's CAG not me.

[attachment=28174:IMG_1826.JPG][attachment=28175:IMG_1828.JPG][attachment=28176:IMG_1829.JPG][attachment=28177:IMG_1834.JPG]

Why do you even need 7 of these?
Some of us got multiples because that's how many we want. I'm opening one, keeping the second as a collector, gifting the third to a family member, and gifting the fourth to a friend.

I do resell video game items quite a lot, but I do it to take advantage of mispricings, not to take something away from them and then make them overpay.

I've been going back and forth with Amazon about my pre order that has no date yet. Here's their latest. Hilarious enough, they have the item wrong even

Hello,

I'm so sorry for the delay in shipping your order.

I've checked the availability for Bumbo Play Tray, and can confirm that it's now back-ordered. We certainly didn't expect this would happen.

Unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to our original availability estimate. We have learned that this item is now back- ordered, and our supplier has not been able to let us know exactly when they expect to have more in stock.

Although the shipping method is faster, it'll still take some time to get the item. As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know.

We are working hard to obtain this item for you and we will ship it as soon as we are able to obtain it.

If you'd rather cancel your item, I understand. To do so, visit the link below

To compensate any inconvenience, for the future order, I request you to please place a new order for the item from​ either sold or fulfilled by Amazon with fastest available shipping and write back to us with the order number we'll waive or refund the shipping charge for that order.
    ​
Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

So in all the gamestop madness. Two snes bundle orders went through, though only got a confirmation screen on one of the many orders I tried to place. I'm sure they are going to cancel at least one order, but debating if I should call them to make sure they don't cancel both.

I'm a scalper hater too. My buddy who's a Store Director at TRU called me this morning to say he's holding one for me. I told him I managed to nab one from Walmart at midnight. I said I'd rather him sell it to one of those people waiting in line. I'd want someone who really wants one have the opportunity to nab one at retail price rather than make a few extra bucks reselling it for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumbo play tray, lololol. Now I have to go look that up. As for Amazon preorders and release day stock being MIA/in limbo, the Treasure Truck volumes don't exactly present a great image.

Did you stop and think that the reason you were able to buy 7 so easily was because the supply was so much greater than scalper demand? Hang on to your receipts, you might be needing them ...
This is Nintendo. Give it a few weeks and no store will have them. Then people will start to get desperate and the demand will be there again.

I'm a scalper hater too. My buddy who's a Store Director at TRU called me this morning to say he's holding one for me. I told him I managed to nab one from Walmart at midnight. I said I'd rather him sell it to one of those people waiting in line. I'd want someone who really wants one have the opportunity to nab one at retail price rather than make a few extra bucks reselling it for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You just fed a scalper's family for the night. ;)

Sorry I just violently hate resellers
This thing is getting over-scalped. Last week, preorders were selling for $190. Now they're already down to $150 with free shipping on ebay. How low can it go? When it starts hitting $125, how much is anyone really making when all taxes and fees are factored in. $20?

This thing is getting over-scalped. Last week, preorders were selling for $190. Now they're already down to $150 with free shipping on ebay. How low can it go? When it starts hitting $125, how much is anyone really making when all taxes and fees are factored in. $20?
At this point, I would wait until before Christmas to resell, should see prices get back to $200+ by then. Don't think Nintendo will restock these in time.

bread's done
Back