SNES Classic Discussion Thread

For those in the Metrowest area of Orlando, you might want to go to the Wal-Mart. They got their shipment in today. I checked after lunch (about 1:30pm) and they had 78 in stock. Closer to quitting time (4:30pm) they still had 54. I went straight there after work and snagged one. Brickseek still shows 8 in stock.

Brickseek numbers can be kind of funny but the Turkey Lake Wal-Mart near Universal is currently showing 27.

My Thinkgeek order shipped today as well.

In surprised that RDS doesn't have a case ready to go. They have been my favorite Nintendo cases for the NES Classic and Switch. The PDP comes out in November and I don't like it's toy box design.

Yeah, I'm sure everybody would be happier if these things were being sold for $160 at the stores. Then you wouldn't have to worry about all those pesky resellers.
Precisely the point: they wouldn't. . .but they'd still pay. Then they could be mad at retailers for price gouging but at least the resellers would be gone.

That's what people wanted, right?

You can't make this stuff up... I pre ordered through Target. Last showed Sunday night arriving in VA. Check the status this morning, apparently UPS messed up the assortment? My package is in KY now and I leave the country this Friday...

You can't make this stuff up... I pre ordered through Target. Last showed Sunday night arriving in VA. Check the status this morning, apparently UPS messed up the assortment? My package is in KY now and I leave the country this Friday...
you can change the schdule for pick up at the ups store, idk how long they can hold it for

Any reason given? More details please. Mine shows like 3 different payment method and addresses listed for some reason, maybe repeated authorizations. Still not shipped but says arrives by oct 5.
My instore pick up is the same way. Same payment method listed 3 times along with my address. The temporary hold on my credit card has disappeared, which is a little disheartening...

Anybody's GameStop online order from Midnight PST ship? Mine is still marked as open and my card still has the pending charge.
Nothing happening with mine yet. My B2G1 orders that I placed 48 hours after the SNES have already shipped though. I used Two Day shipping on all of the orders including the SNES classic. Things could be looking better.

My Walmart order just shipped! I really expected a cancellation at this point.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Like some of others, I've contacted Amazon to see what is up with my SNES Classic. Nothing too exciting here, but I thought I'd share.

I explained how I was really angry to hear that Amazon was giving away all of the Prime member pre-orders on their "Treasure Truck".
Supposedly thousands of them.

This part has me worried:
" I've personally contacted our fulfillment center regarding the availability of this item. They said that this item is currently unavailable with us. Due to high demand of this item in the market, the manufacturer "Nintendo" is unable to provide the stock to everyone. I hope you understand."

And then she says this:
We've already contacted the manufacturer for more stock of this item. They said that soon they'll supply more stock to us. I cannot promise you the estimated date but it will be available with us soon.

Of course these overseas customer service people don't really know anything about the stocking of this.

Here's the full email reply:

[SIZE=10pt]Hello,

I'm sorry to know that you didn't receive your "Nintendo Digital Downloads/Game Trust Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition". We certainly do not want our customers to experience this.

If I'd have been on your place, I can imagine how disappointing this situation might be. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I’ve checked the availability of Nintendo Digital Downloads/Game Trust Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition and found that the item is currently unavailable on our website.

In this case, I've personally contacted our fulfillment center regarding the availability of this item. They said that this item is currently unavailable with us. Due to high demand of this item in the market, the manufacturer "Nintendo" is unable to provide the stock to everyone. I hope you understand.

We've already contacted the manufacturer for more stock of this item. They said that soon they'll supply more stock to us. I cannot promise you the estimated date but it will be available with us soon.

I've upgraded the shipping method of your order to "One Day Shipping" at no additional cost.
As soon as the carrier is allotted to deliver your package, we'll instruct them to deliver your package to you as soon as possible with the fastest means available. Please do not worry.

We value your association with us and considering the inconvenience caused to you, ​please let us know which of the below option you'd like to choose:

1. 1 month Prime Extension
2. $5 promotional certificate

Please write back with your preferred choice and we'll surely add it to your account.

We would never want to disappoint a valued customer like you and we always endeavor to assist our customer with the best of our service so we can ensure that we fulfill all of their needs, however sometimes we fail to do so due to fact​ors out of our control.

Rest assured that we are here to help you out with the best possible resolution as you are such a wonderful customer to Amazon.com and we do not want to lose you under any circumstances.

I hope you'll consider this as an isolated incident and provide us a chance in future. Further, we'll make sure we pay special attention to deliver the package on time for your future orders.

Further if you have any concerns in this regard or if I've missed out anything, please let us know using the link below and we'll be happy to assist you.

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

Thanks for being a part of Amazon family! We look forward to a very warm and fruitful association with you.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Best regards,
shreyas
[/SIZE]

Amazon.com
I really have the feeling this is going to keep getting delayed with no notifications from Amazon until they are just canceled.
I hope not, but this type of shopping experience is status quo these says. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
any updates on super famicom mini preorders for shipments
It's being released Oct 5 in Japan, so I assume they'll ship it out by then.

Also, make sure to set your TV to Game Mode or else you'll have input lag, flickering, and color bleeding on some games. I had massive input on Super Mario World and some other games until I set my TV to game mode.

for the people who ordered at amazon uk does your delivery date show friday the 13th or october the 5th
On Amazon UK it says delivery date Oct 14th, but then when I click on the tracking it re-directs me to UPS and shows a delivery date of Thursday Oct 5th.

Was lucky and got a order at BHphotovideo yesterday

my order pages says "in stock order sent to warehouse" and processing.

I'd love to hear if people actually get their orders from B&H Photo when it comes to this in-demand Nintendo stuff.  For years we've heard about them selling rare amiibos, Switches, and now SNES classics.   I've only heard of mass cancellations when it comes to these things.  But I've never heard of anyone actually receiving said rare merchandise from them. 

I've been completely dismissing "B&H Photo" every time I hear their name mentioned for orders.  Have they actually come through for anyone?

Solaris japan is taking preorders for the famicom mini. but Nintendo didn't give them any shipments. So they have to rely on third party vendors thus the price increase

I'd love to hear if people actually get their orders from B&H Photo when it comes to this in-demand Nintendo stuff. For years we've heard about them selling rare amiibos, Switches, and now SNES classics. I've only heard of mass cancellations when it comes to these things. But I've never heard of anyone actually receiving said rare merchandise from them.

I've been completely dismissing "B&H Photo" every time I hear their name mentioned for orders. Have they actually come through for anyone?
I put them in the same category as Game. The fuck them category.

Mine is at UPS location right now. I wasn't going to be home so I redirected it to there. Picking up after work.
My Amazon UK shipment was sent via Surepost for last leg, so UPS transfered the package to US Postal today. So I have to wait till Wed for delivery despite UPS distribution center being 2 miles away from my house. :roll:

My Amazon UK shipment was sent via Surepost for last leg, so UPS transfered the package to US Postal today. So I have to wait till Wed for delivery despite UPS distribution center being 2 miles away from my house. :roll:
I hate when they do that. Mine came via i-parcel out of NY.

Don't you mean out of UK? (UPS) i-parcel handles only the first part of the trip and then gives package to local UPS. My package originally came that way too. There's like 3 tracking #s on it.
I dunno. According to the tracking it is coming from i-parcel out if NY. Find out for certain when o pick it up.

Just checked Amazon uk. Does say i-parcel. But I only have two tracking numbers. The UK One and the one from UPS. Both say i-parcel. I'm just glad it made it seeing that it said it wasn't shipping to the US.

I dunno. According to the tracking it is coming from i-parcel out if NY. Find out for certain when o pick it up.

Just checked Amazon uk. Does say i-parcel. But I only have two tracking numbers. The UK One and the one from UPS. Both say i-parcel. I'm just glad it made it seeing that it said it wasn't shipping to the US.
Well it's same parent company, just one division of UPS handling the overseas part and another taking care of local ground transport. I'm glad our consoles are being delivered 1 week earlier than the estimated date on Amazon UK.

Was lucky and got a order at BHphotovideo yesterday
my order pages says "in stock order sent to warehouse" and processing.
Man, WTF?! I signed up to be notified months ago and dealt with their multiple nonsense ad spamming, and the occasional "We haven't forgotten about the SNES Classic" notification BS over and over again and then they don't even send me an notice when they are ACTUALLY in stock?! That's some serious bullshit right there!

mine was shipped i-parcel from the UK then to UPS surepost, which UPS will hand off to USPS. Luckily I can upgrade UPS surepost to UPS ground for free since i signed up from UPS premium account(thanks to SD).

Anybody's GameStop online order from Midnight PST ship? Mine is still marked as open and my card still has the pending charge.
I got the shipping notice this afternoon... and I also got the package delivered this afternoon. I used 2 day shipping from elite. I ordered so fast I didn't even notice what shipping speed I was clicking.

So got my gamestop shipping notice today and it was delievered today. Lol. Apparently it was shipped out last friday. That's legit.

ALSO, with the maddness of ordering I got two orders that went through. One said error and other got a confirmation page. Would have sworn they were going to cancel at least one, but they shipped both same day. One game in today other comes in tomorrow...

So long story short ended up with extra console. Trying to decide what to do with it.

Still looking for the SFC Mini with USB Adapter.

Is Nin-Nin-Game even worth ordering from?  It seems sketchy and the reviews are 50/50.

Also the refund in the form of store credit seems pretty sly.

Anyone with Walmart order who got a tracking number has your ship status updated? Mine says shipped since Friday but still no movement via FedEx smart post, just shipment info sent to Fed Ex.

Anyone with Walmart order who got a tracking number has your ship status updated? Mine says shipped since Friday but still no movement via FedEx smart post, just shipment info sent to Fed Ex.
My ship to home order arrived yesterday. Got the shipment email on the 30th (even though the status updated on the 29th on the website).

Still waiting for my Ship to Store order to do anything... Still claims it will arrive tomorrow, but it is still in the "Preparing Order" phase. There is now a fourth "Payment Method" and "Billing Address" listed on my order page... Plus the pending charge has reappeared on my credit card, so maybe it will actually ship this time?

Well it's same parent company, just one division of UPS handling the overseas part and another taking care of local ground transport. I'm glad our consoles are being delivered 1 week earlier than the estimated date on Amazon UK.
Picked mine up. Sent in small box with enough paper stuffing to cushion it. Actual box is in perfect condition. It I knew how to post pictures on mobile I'd show them side by side.

So got my gamestop shipping notice today and it was delievered today. Lol. Apparently it was shipped out last friday. That's legit.

ALSO, with the maddness of ordering I got two orders that went through. One said error and other got a confirmation page. Would have sworn they were going to cancel at least one, but they shipped both same day. One game in today other comes in tomorrow...

So long story short ended up with extra console. Trying to decide what to do with it.
You could sell it to me for a reasonable price... I'll even throw in some Arby's coupons to sweeten the deal.

bread's done
Back