SNES Classic Discussion Thread

How does it handle existing save states? I'm guessing it wipes progress made on the unhacked system but I'd like to know for sure.
As long as you don't remove (or modify?) the original games, your states will work.

You can also back them up for later if you're worried.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as you don't remove (or modify?) the original games, your states will work.

You can also back them up for later if you're worried.
Sweet! Thanks. Will probably still hold off for now but it's only a matter of time...

Has anyone who didn't cancel received their order from Amazon France?
I did a trade for Shadowmoses12's SNESC for my spare NESC, he got it from Amazon France. The shipping box wasn't very big compared to the SNESC. Not sure exactly when he received it, but it might have been Monday last week.

It just I got a shipping confirmation on 28th, with no tracking number. Last week, the USPS delivery person didn't bother delivering a package, nor even leave a notice. If I didn't have a tracking number, I would of never known. I've gotten packages from Amazon UK fine in the past, but what happened last week has never really happened before, so it's on my mind.

Heard a GS employee on the phone tonight, they should have a shipment coming in tomorrow or the next day.  Stuff always comes in on Wednesdays via UPS around noon, give or take, in my area.  SNES classics are in-transit to our stores.  When one receives units, they all get some on the same day. 

Amazon just sent a "Approval required for your amazon order" email  and will cancel if not approved by Nov 9.  They are encountering a delay in shipping my order.  Really?  Apparently still no delivery date.

Amazon just sent a "Approval required for your amazon order" email and will cancel if not approved by Nov 9. They are encountering a delay in shipping my order. Really? Apparently still no delivery date.
No delay, they just shipped all our orders to their treasure trucks instead.

That's interesting, the amazon CS rep I just spoke to said they still have no idea when they'll get stock. Really regretting this preorder. Hopefully I can find one at Gamestop this week.

Seems like a lucky few are getting amazon's first shipment, but they still don't have enough for the rest of the preorders.  Expect more primenow and trucks next week.

Same here...

Nintendo Digital Downloads/Game Trust Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition

Your approval required by: November 9, 2017

We will still try to ship the above item(s) by the approval required by date(s). If this is not possible, and we have not received your approval for the delay by the date(s) listed above, we will cancel this part of your order.

I think we all know what the next email from Amazon (probably in late November) is going to say... :(

Something along the lines of "Sorry, we were unable to acquire enough of this product and therefore have to cancel this order."

If the do this for the gba, I'm all in, if it's just classic gameboy I'dbuy it and hope for the modders to figure out how to add gba games

A GBC would need to have HDMI output to have me interested. There would be literally no reason they could have for not including the option to play it at home with a wireless/wired controller other than being. . .Nintendo.

fuck.

Got an email from Amazon US with Oct 17 delivery date.

Guess I won't try for a Thinkgeek one today then.

My local GameStop has these in stock. The person who answered the phone said so in his introduction, so I confirmed by asking if he was saying they have them in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazon can go fuck themselves.

Gamestop came through for me in a big way.  Was at the store at 12:45 today just as the UPS truck pulled up and they got in 6.  Oddly enough no one else was in the store at the time.  Finally got a SNES Classic and can now tell Amazon off without worrying that they will cancel my order (because I don't give a fuck anymore).

Bottom line, if you are looking for one of these go to Gamestop today as soon as possible!

If your local Gamestop doesn't get them in today then they will likely get them in tomorrow, or so I was told.  Looks like 6 to 12 per store (they arrive six units per box).

Just got back from a local Gamestop in Northern VA, they got a good sized shipment and I was finally able to get one (I was actually on a list and the guy was just calling my number as I walked in, but they had written down the wrong number lol).

image.jpg

Gamestop got 10, i was 9 in line, glad that's over.

Everybody in Northern Virginia getting them but me?

Went to two Gamestops - one didn't get them in today, which is good news because I can hopefully get one tomorrow.  The other got in 12 and sold out in an hour, which was before I was able to get there.

Anyways, I'll be camping out in the morning, probably.

Got the text alert at 3:03. Pulled into a parking space immediately. Tapped the link. Loaded within one second. Sold out.

bread's done
Back