SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Oh, you work at her anal dildo factory? She mentioned she had to give the durability tester the day off.
giphy.gif

Rather than Gamestop, you all might want to check Target? Seems like the Targets in CA got surprise shipments today after 12PM PST. The Target in Cupertino got their shipment around 3PM and looked like they received three boxes.

Nobody here has jobs?
I can't speak for everyone else but I work nights and was going on being up for 20 plus hours when I went in. That said, many 9 to 5ers should get a lunch break and the UPS truck seems to arrive at Gamestop during convenient lunch hours (11:30 - 12:30).

Last edited by a moderator:
Local mall that sees a ton of traffic had 18 come in today but sold out around 6pm which I missed by about half an hour. Was pretty surprised they lasted that long but I guess most people tend to camp out actual GS stores and ignore mall ones. Seems eBay took a $5 hit from the restock which was to be expected but this was a fairly small restock if only GS got them. Waiting for BF to hit and these things to take off again. ;)

Woohoo! I finally.. received a new delivery estimate from Amazon on the SNES Classic pre-order!

Nintendo Digital Downloads/Game Trust Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition Sold by Amazon.com LLC

51bFxzfKsqL._SCLZZZZZZZ__SY115_SX115_.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]We have good news! We now have delivery date(s) for your item(s) listed below. We’ll send a confirmation when your items ship. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Your new estimated delivery date is: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 [/SIZE]

Went to a few targets that showed "limited availability" today later in the day. One just sold out before I got there. The other had at least 6 in the case.  Got one, easy peasy. I think it still showed ~13 before close. The other targets showed 12 in stock and 24 in stock via the employee scanner, but employees at both stores pretended they didn't have them and next shipment is 20th or 27th.  They must have been lying and holding them for tomorrow or sunday because that is in perfect multiples of 6 that they receive in a box.  No way for 24 of them to go missing.  If these "surprise shipments" start happening with frequency, I think these will be easy to get through about a week before christmas.  They probably already made more than all NES classics combined, which I never saw behind a glass case.

You guys must make like 40k or something. All these damn deluxe vacation plans and wandering away to buy a Snes. I can barely afford to flush my poop.

Got mine today.  Showed up at Gamestop 10 minutes before opening, was 5th in line.  Guy said he expected 10.  Delivered at noon, out with it 10 minutes later.

Good luck to those still searching, but I'm done.  Yay.

Called my local targets here in the bay area. All were out, some told me October 20. Not only that, more than one of them told me they already had people say they would line up at 4 AM for the 8 AM opening so I should get there that early. No joke.
I don't know how accurate this is but according to istocknow, the Santa Clara Target on 2004 El Camino Real received shipment and was in stock at 9AM today?

My local CL has several ads saying "not a scalper, selling for $80. 3 left."

One states they bought it and don't want it, $50.

Ummm, yeah, those didn't fall off a truck or anything

The hunt is over. Target in Livermore decided to start selling theirs. Hopefully other Bay Area targets will do the same.
Did you "coax" them into it, or did they just put them out on their own?

I am seeing stores that went from "limited" to "out of stock" yesterday back to "limited" again today. 2 shipments in 2 days? What are the chances?

Sold my second one to a cousin for the outrageously gouge-y price of $90.

Hakchi is getting near daily updates. Really really coming along, too.

Looks like amazon is finally preparing to ship their SNES orders. I got an email update that my order should be delivered on 10/20.

You guys must make like 40k or something. All these damn deluxe vacation plans and wandering away to buy a Snes. I can barely afford to flush my poop.
You say that like it's a lot of money. It's barely above a livable wage in the U.S., especially dependent on where you live.

Stopped at Target after work on a whim, and was able to get one at the electronics counter.  They didn't have them displayed.  Store clerk said they get about 12 in today.  There was still 3 left at 5pm.  Keep the faith and I am certain we will all be able to get one of these before Christmas.  Btw, I am a regular salaried, 8-5 employee; didn't have to take off from work or anything like that ;)

You say that like it's a lot of money. It's barely above a livable wage in the U.S., especially dependent on where you live.
lol. Well I make less than 40. Basically I just make enough money to keep going to work in clean, worn out clothes.

It's pretty sad that we're expected to do multiple preorders for anything. Seriously...am I supposed to preorder 4-5 xbox one x's to make sure i get one? maybe amazon will do the treasure truck thing again? and what if all my 4-5 preorders are fulfilled? they're $500 each. preorders aren't supposed to be a chance at getting one on launch day. it's supposed to be a guarantee.
I like stuff that's limited. To each their own, of course, but the rarity of some of these items is part of the appeal for me and a lot of others.

But the process has become convoluted and insane. We got bots now? Grumble.

How did you guys know it would show up in stores? Are the stores announcing these or we people just reporting them online? I've got browser notifications but unfortunately, I'm frequently away from my work computer and end up missing them (or can't go if they're in store). Phone notifications all seem to be related to Twitter which I don't use... but might not have an option going forward. 

How did you guys know it would show up in stores? Are the stores announcing these or we people just reporting them online? I've got browser notifications but unfortunately, I'm frequently away from my work computer and end up missing them (or can't go if they're in store). Phone notifications all seem to be related to Twitter which I don't use... but might not have an option going forward.
I have twitter on but I also randomly check the miniSNES reddit (as well as CAG of course). Sometimes, people would report when they see them in stores.

I finally got a US one so I'm done. A ThinkGeek with a number that was Mispublished got them in. I had to call the GameStop store in order to find out what the real number was and drive 25 minutes but I made it.

I just spent a little over an hour driving to both Targets in my area, and they don't have any. Womp womp. I won't mind getting there at 4am on the 20th as long as I can get to work by 7:45.

None of the Gamestops in my area got any today, so maybe tomorrow? And now I just finally got an estimated delivery date from Amazon. October 24th. Nearly a month late. Just ridiculous.

None of the Gamestops in my area got any today, so maybe tomorrow? And now I just finally got an estimated delivery date from Amazon. October 24th. Nearly a month late. Just ridiculous.
I thought they said that every store would have thier allotment by Thursday. Maybe employees scooped them up.

I was at 2 gamestops today scooping up the 4 for $x games and heard them tell people at both that they should check tomorrow about snes classics like they were expecting them.

What time does your target open? I thought they were always 8am.
It opens at 8:00 as well, but someone on here gave me a hard time about not lining up on launch day to "get a ticket" which apparently could be redeemed within three hours of opening. Sounds like ymmv, but if it's pretty much a sure thing, then I can probably go into work late and make up the time by staying late at the end of the day. Just depends on what's going on that day.

bread's done
Back