SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Unbelievable. Amazon is going to have a customer service sh*tstorm to deal with if all of their preorders are like this.
I notified a friend who had recently gotten his preorder from Amazon, and he replied that his order wasn't affected by this (though it was shipped in a bubble mailer, so it's not like it was completely free of Amazon Bullshit :roll:). Still, that this is happening at all is pretty shitty of Amazon.

A lot of people express they didn't like the SNES classic on various forums and sites.
I guess people are trying to sell them back now.

Funny enough I seen one review giving it a low rating because the graphics were bad and no one cared to play the games with them.
Genuinely can't understand these opinions.

Agreed. Finally got a chance to boot up my SNES Classic today and the games look great considering their age. Emulation is excellent with bright rich colors and great sound, and having several display options (4:3, pixel perfect, and scanlines) is a really nice feature. I don't understand why other companies that produce these types of plug-and-play consoles (like Retro Bit) can't come up with emulation this good, it seems like most of them feature dull, muted colors and poor sound quality.

The SNES Classic is much better than the NES Classic in my opinion, very glad I was able to get this after completely missing out on the NES version.

I know right. IMO this is one of the best released compliations ever. They could have split off have theses games across 2 releases.

Super Metroid was the fallout,halo,last of us release for its era. I still remember the e3. It owned the show. Punch out was a very hard game to follow up but they did it. Star fox was so ahead of it's time. So many secrets and so many levels. The space battles were epic. Once you get off the first level you are up in space. With the older games you got way more bang for your buck. Rpg classics like secret of mana and earthbound. I was totally shocked when I saw the release list.

My amazon orders for 2 that they shipped surprise 1 day to me after never giving me a date but asked to ok delay arrived in a box perfect size for 2, including ac adapters.  If they are shipping wrong region versions to some, sounds like amazon is scrambling behind the scenes to source them from wherever they can.

I notified a friend who had recently gotten his preorder from Amazon, and he replied that his order wasn't affected by this (though it was shipped in a bubble mailer, so it's not like it was completely free of Amazon Bullshit :roll:). Still, that this is happening at all is pretty shitty of Amazon.
That's good to hear. I like displaying boxes, but I would take a dented up box over a missing ac adapter any day. The fact that they put some electronics that cost $80 plus tax in a bubble mailer is ridiculous.

My amazon orders for 2 that they shipped surprise 1 day to me after never giving me a date but asked to ok delay arrived in a box perfect size for 2, including ac adapters. If they are shipping wrong region versions to some, sounds like amazon is scrambling behind the scenes to source them from wherever they can.
That makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

Amazon finally charged my card. It says shipping today and delivering today, but it will probably arrive tomorrow. I'll post whether the ac adapter is included.

I guess the timing is good since my PS4's GPU died this morning. RIP my loyal :ps4: ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon finally charged my card. It says shipping today and delivering today, but it will probably arrive tomorrow. I'll post whether the ac adapter is included.

I guess the timing is good since my PS4's GPU died this morning. RIP my loyal :ps4: ;_;
Good luck man... No activity on my Amazon preorder after getting an e-mail last week with estimated delivery date of today (10/16). Should have shipped by now. :roll:

I'm playing Evil Within 2 right now and that game is a 10/10. So good. Open world does wonders for it. 

My SNES Classic has yet to be opened. 

That is all. 

Amazon originally gave me a shipment to arrive on the 27th after "no information" hell, then twice they bumped it up a day to the 25th.  This morning they changed it to arriving on Thursday.  Think maybe tomorrow they'll have found a way to have delivered it to me on the 29th of September?

So instead of getting the Classic today from Amazon, I get an email saying:

We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. We'll send a confirmation as soon as it ships and communicate the expected delivery date. We apologize for the inconvenience.
They have delayed the delay OTL

-Update-

Shipped! Should be here tomorrow ^^

Evil Within 2 is open world? :eek:

Will definitely get it on a BF deal then.
Not like Skyrim open world, but open world with plenty to do and lots of things to discover.

It's honestly like The Walking Dead and it is scary. "I wonder what's in this building? Oh, just some horror ghost thing that is going to follow me around all game. Great."

My grown ass jumped in terror twice in that game. I honestly love it. And I'm here to spread its good word. There are like 20 chapters or something; 11 hours in and I'm on chapter 4. I like finding parts and upgrades in the game and doing side quests.

Totally recommend this game.

Also: The SNES Classic was not in stock at my local gamestop. Need to keep this thread on topic and stuff.

Not like Skyrim open world, but open world with plenty to do and lots of things to discover.

It's honestly like The Walking Dead and it is scary. "I wonder what's in this building? Oh, just some horror ghost thing that is going to follow me around all game. Great."

My grown ass jumped in terror twice in that game. I honestly love it. And I'm here to spread its good word. There are like 20 chapters or something; 11 hours in and I'm on chapter 4. I like finding parts and upgrades in the game and doing side quests.

Also: The SNES Classic was not in stock at my local gamestop. Need to keep this thread on topic and stuff.
Great post. You basically just sold me on it.

Nice. Sounds like they shipped without Pro support though? Saw a headline saying a Pro patch was already in the works so hopefully that'll be done by the time I pick it up.

I didn't see all the commotion with Amazon until tonight. I got mine the other day, in a box (not an envelope), had the poster and AC adapter inside, and there was no sticker on the bottom of the box.

Just got an email from bestbuy with title "Can you answer this question about the super nes classic?"

and the question is "When is the next release date?"  Hahaha  bestbuy is auto-sending requests from the forum to customers to ask them when they will get more stock. too funny.

Amazon originally gave me a shipment to arrive on the 27th after "no information" hell, then twice they bumped it up a day to the 25th. This morning they changed it to arriving on Thursday. Think maybe tomorrow they'll have found a way to have delivered it to me on the 29th of September?
Well, they bumped it up again. Shipped this morning and expected to arrive tomorrow. Glad I'm finally over this waiting hell. Good luck to everybody else.

Just got off of chat with Walmart support... Supposedly my SNES instore pick up will be shipping today (suuuure it will)...

My order now has 6 payment methods and billing addresses... Wonder how many more I'll get before it actually ships...

Just got off of chat with Walmart support... Supposedly my SNES instore pick up will be shipping today (suuuure it will)...

My order now has 6 payment methods and billing addresses... Wonder how many more I'll get before it actually ships...
My ship order also had 6 payments, but I ended up cancelling it Sunday after amazon delivered. Unfortunately for you, it seems whoever contacts walmart support about these orders soon receive cancellation notices.

Amazon US order delivered. Power adapter and poster included, no sticker on bottom.

I feel like getting one from Amazon US makes it limited edition >_>

Is there anyway to use brickseek to check SNES Classic in target's stock? DPCI 207-29-7001 keeps telling me it's not searchable.
Nope, Target told brickseek to stop reporting exact inventory numbers and popular items altogether. This gives me an advantage now at finding these at Target as I will get to know ahead of time and beat the crowds before word of mouth spreads.

Nope, Target told brickseek to stop reporting exact inventory numbers and popular items altogether. This gives me an advantage now at finding these at Target as I will get to know ahead of time and beat the crowds before word of mouth spreads.
How many have you found in the wild? Just curious. I was able to get one from GS and one from Target, so I'm all set.

How many have you found in the wild? Just curious. I was able to get one from GS and one from Target, so I'm all set.
Three, two of which were at Targets right after brickseek stopped doing inventory and one at Gamestop. All of which I personally track so I knew to go ahead of time but since no one really tracks Target or Gamestop publically I was easily able to scoop them up. Store Manager at the GS was really weirded out that I knew they had just gotten a shipment lol.

My ship order also had 6 payments, but I ended up cancelling it Sunday after amazon delivered. Unfortunately for you, it seems whoever contacts walmart support about these orders soon receive cancellation notices.
Aaaaaand 3 hours after you posted, sure enough my order was canceled... FFS

thanks bb, got one at my local target, was trying to get 2 but another employee stopped his cowoker from selling me another one.

How exciting. Since I am looking for one SNES Classic, any chance you can help educate me?

PM me your zip and I'll let you know what your local Targets have.
Hi Blackbeard, the Target list has a couple of locations that have suite numbers/2nd address line that are causing the parsing to shift their remaining fields over by 1, parsing these suite numbers into the city field, the city into the state field and the state into the zip code field:

Target 1884, which is in West Hollywood is showing the suite number in the city, the West to show up under state and Hollywood to show up under zip.

Target 3241, which I believe is in the Chapel Hill. You can see these when you sort Z->A under zip code.

Also, all zip codes that start with a 0 are parsing off that starting 0 (New England states = MA, CT, NE, ME, and NJ)

As always, thank you greatly for all of your fantastic work!

Finally got one at the San Francisco 'central' Target. I asked them how many they received and they said 6, and they sold out in 30 minutes in the middle of a Tuesday. 

Finally got one at the San Francisco 'central' Target. I asked them how many they received and they said 6, and they sold out in 30 minutes in the middle of a Tuesday.
Congrats! The quick sellout isn't all that surprising given the location; sounds like you really lucked out.

Hi Blackbeard, the Target list has a couple of locations that have suite numbers/2nd address line that are causing the parsing to shift their remaining fields over by 1, parsing these suite numbers into the city field, the city into the state field and the state into the zip code field:

Target 1884, which is in West Hollywood is showing the suite number in the city, the West to show up under state and Hollywood to show up under zip.

Target 3241, which I believe is in the Chapel Hill. You can see these when you sort Z->A under zip code.

Also, all zip codes that start with a 0 are parsing off that starting 0 (New England states = MA, CT, NE, ME, and NJ)

As always, thank you greatly for all of your fantastic work!
Thanks I fixed those 2 locations but I don't understand what you mean about the zips that start with 0. Those zip codes start with 0 in Target's data.

Finally received my Amazon order. No fruity sticker and poster intact.

Shipment was out of California and I'm east coast. In all my years ordering with Amazon this is the first time I've ever seen anything fullfilled from the west coast.

Still haven't seen these in store.

bread's done
Back