SNES Score

darkwingduck13

CAGiversary!
A few months ago, my old college roomie asked for my latest mailing address. He said he had some video game stuff he wanted to send me because he doesn't play it any more. I told him if he had anything good, he should really eBay it, since I can't afford to purchase high-dollar stuff right now. The conversation ended soon after, and I forgot all about it.

This past Thursday, just before I had to go out of town, I found two large boxes on my doorstep...one cost $15 to ship, the other $16, and I had no clue what it was before I looked at the label.

Turns out he shipped me:

Sony Playstation Console - w/2 Dualshock controllers, power cable, RF cable, and Twisted Metal 2 in the spindle. Model 7501.

Sega Genesis Model 1 w/Sega CD Model 1 Attached - w/original Sega 6-button controller and 2 AC adapters.

Lunar - US Sega CD. Included case and back insert, missing manual. I'm still in shock. Been wanting this forever, since I have the PSOne and Saturn versions.

Lethal Enforcers - US Sega CD, disc only. Included mint condition Justifier light gun. I mean, this thing is SPOTLESS.

Sherlock Holmes - US Sega CD, disc only.

Sega Arcade Classics - US Sega CD, disc only.

Rise of the Dragon - US Sega CD, disc only.

Samurai Shodown - US Sega CD, disc only.

Dragon Crystal - Game Gear, cart only. I don't know if this is a US game, because it says something about Japan on the back. The back looks different than the other Game Gear game he sent, which was...

Shining Force: Sword of Hajya - US Game Gear, cart only. Pretty much mint condition. Now I'm gonna have to buy a Game Gear.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System - US Console, w/2 official controllers in good shape, RF adapter, & AC adapter. Holy shit...I never thought I'd own an SNES, simply because I refuse to pay the premium the console goes for here. The nostalgia level in my area is much higher for the SNES than for any other console, and the game shops know it. An SNES costs twice as much as a Genesis, and the games are generally pretty expensive too. Getting one free, though? Heck yes, I'll take it!

Sid Meier's Civilization - US SNES, cart only.

Sim City - US SNES, cart only.

Chessmaster - US SNES, cart only.

Super Mario World - US SNES, cart only.

Mega Man X - US SNES, cart only.

Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle - US SNES, cart only.

Populous - US SNES, cart only.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - US SNES, cart only.

Metal Warriors - US SNES, cart only.

Shadowrun - US SNES, cart only.

Star Fox - US SNES, cart only.

The Legend of Zelda: LTTP - US SNES, cart only.

Gradius III - US SNES, cart only.

Illusion of Gaia - US SNES, cart only.

Secret of Mana - US SNES, cart only.

Fire Striker - US SNES, cart only.

So, basically, he just gave me an SNES collection, plus a bunch of other stuff...all for free! I am going to send him a check for the shipping costs, though. :)

[quote name='wbc1228']nice.......
I want a room mate like that!
:)[/QUOTE]
No shit! The only things I ever got out of my old roomies were debt, missing CDs, carpet stains, and missing beers!

Heh...well, we got along really well, so I guess I just had a better relationship with him than most people have with their roomies. :)

Since he sent the SNES, I've picked up:

Donkey Kong Country
Mystical Ninja
Pocky & Rocky 2

From shops in my area. They're still expensive, IMO ($7.95 apiece, cart only), but a lot easier to swallow since I got the system and all those other games for free. :D

[quote name='darkwingduck13']From shops in my area. They're still expensive, IMO ($7.95 apiece, cart only), but a lot easier to swallow since I got the system and all those other games for free. :D[/QUOTE]

7.95 is a great price for Pocky & Rocky 2 it would have at the least have costed you about twice that on eBay and you don't see too many copies even on eBay.

dang, all my roomate/landlord gave me was an SNES superscope and one of those blue hard plastic nes cases.

Thanks for the comments, guys.

I didn't realize Pocky & Rocky 2 was worth more than what I paid...that makes me feel a little bit better. Of course, it helps that the game is awesome too. :D

I was poking around on eBay just to see what some of this stuff goes for, and it turns out that Metal Warriors had an auction not long ago that ended at $41 + shipping, cart-only, in worse condition than my copy. Makes me wonder why I haven't heard of this game before. :p

bread's done
Back