snes with mariokart for 50 dollars?

loofy

CAG Veteran
I really want to buy a snes but I can't find any in my area for a decent price. The one I saw on craiglist cost 50 dollars and comes with two controllers as well as all the cables. The games include super mario kart and lemmings. It looks to be in really good condition based on the pictures and in working condition. I texted the guy and he wouldn't budge on price so I don't know if it's worth jumping on. I live in California if it makes any difference on price.

lol no. thats about 40 bucks too much. I definitely wouldnt go past 20

snes is probably close second to genesis mod. 2 for the most common systems in the wild. You could prolly get one cheaper than 50 bucks on ebay.

check out some garage sales in your area this summer. I bet you'll find one for cheapz.

If Cali craigslist is anything like chicago craigslist, you might be looking for a long time for something reasonably priced.

Actually, that is a pretty solid price. Extra controllers go for $15 these days and Mario Kart is another $15. Lemmings is a solid game, $5-$10.

You may be able to find one at a yard sale, but $50 for that is a decent deal.

The systems go for $40 or so these days with one controller and cords.

the first snes i bought was from a guy at flea market. 25 bucks for system, 2 first party controllers, 6 games.

I bought another one this weekend for 10 bucks for my brother. just the snes hookups and controller.

It's really what price you want to attach to this kind of stuff, but i dont see a reason to pay the maximum market price.

I saw an snes at goodwill two weeks ago for 14.99 w/ hookups +1 controller

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']the first snes i bought was from a guy at flea market. 25 bucks for system, 2 first party controllers, 6 games.

I bought another one this weekend for 10 bucks for my brother. just the snes hookups and controller.

It's really what price you want to attach to this kind of stuff, but i dont see a reason to pay the maximum market price.

I saw an snes at goodwill two weeks ago for 14.99 w/ hookups +1 controller[/QUOTE]

Maximum market price? $50 is a pretty solid price considering what the OP is getting if it's in good condition. The local Play and Trade here sells bare SNES consoles for $39.99 without any games. Mario Kart is worth at least $10-15.

Picked up a SNES with everything (1 controller, RF cable, AV RCA plugs cable as well) but the power brick was missing for $4.99 at the local value village. Also picked up 2 PS1 7501 models for $5 for the both of them (no cords).

Tell the guy you'll give him $40 if nobody else is interested. A little bit of casual disinterest can go a long way. ;)

I would seriously check yard sales or flea markets before paying that much unless you have plenty of disposable income and little time. Check out the garage sale thread to see results of others: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313065 I actually passed on one for $5 earlier this year because I already have more of them than I need aquired in bundles. Of course the market may be more competitive in Cali, but I'm sure there were plenty of them sold there also.

One recommendation: be sure to check the AC adapter input on the back of the console. The pin in the middle of the plug in are notorious for being loose or missing.
Here's an example

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I sold mines with Mario Kart for $50 3 years ago, yellow SNES and all with 2 controllers with tangley ass cords. I don't see why you wouldn't just emulate it and play it with 2 Xbox 360 controllers? Or maybe buy it from the Wii marketplace and play it with 2 classic controllers? Nostalgia is always grand, but as a CAGer you have other options. BTW super mario kart is probably one of the best mario karts ever made, and the battle mode was still fun the last time i played it.

bread's done
Back