Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 w/ FREE original Sniper Ghost Warrior - Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinknot4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Deal is now dead. Amazon has pulled this promotion from the product page.

This game could end up being a colossal turd - but I just noticed that Amazon is offering the first Sniper game for FREE as a pre-order bonus. PS3 orders get a hard copy of the game, while both 360 and PC get a download voucher.

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - $39.99
PS3
Xbox 360

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - $29.99
PC

Amazon's super hi-res promotion graphic suggests gifting the original game to a friend if you already have it. I actually had no idea that this game was out tomorrow...

Last edited by a moderator:
On the surface, this looks like a pretty good deal. Unfortunately, given the lower price-point, lack of marketing behind this game, no demo (I think), and no buzz or previews, this game is probably destined to be a dud or at least a bargain bin item soon enough. The first one did stay higher priced longer than I expected, so dud or not, you may not see this one cheap anytime soon.

I thought this got delayed? I never played the first everyone sad it sucked is it really that bad? If there price is that cheap and has the 1st free can it be that good for 2? If i get it would be ps3. ty op

I lol'd at the Ad.

"BEST SELLING SNIPER FPS EVAR!"
...like there's so much competition...

Good deal, though, if you like 'em. Thanks OP ^^

I actually enjoyed the first one (Sniper Elite V2 is a better game than SGW1, though). SGW1 had some rough spots but overall, the $10 I paid for it was worth my time and money.

The first Sniper Ghost Warrior is currently 1.99 on GreenManGaming.com. Granted its PC only, but I wouldnt let the inclusion of a $2 game sway your decision to preorder the sequel or not. There should also be a promo code to knock 20% off, so it'll go down to like $1.60 I think

[quote name='SunDevil77']I lol'd at the Ad.

"BEST SELLING SNIPER FPS EVAR!"
...like there's so much competition...

Good deal, though, if you like 'em. Thanks OP ^^[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all counts

A digital copy of the first game with the 360 version? Awww, that sucks.
I suppose I could buy the PS3 version but then I would have to wait a year to play it or have my PS3 shipped to me. And I baby the hell out of my PS3 (60 GB launch console that has had some problems in the past), so I really don't want to have it mailed here.

I'll probably wait for a price drop and then buy both 1 and 2.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']A digital copy of the first game with the 360 version? Awww, that sucks.
I suppose I could buy the PS3 version but then I would have to wait a year to play it or have my PS3 shipped to me. And I baby the hell out of my PS3 (60 GB launch console that has had some problems in the past), so I really don't want to have it mailed here.

I'll probably wait for a price drop and then buy both 1 and 2.[/QUOTE]

Greenland? So its actually icy there right? and how the heck did you end up there?

From what I read about the game it's sort of hit and miss. If I remember right it does the sniping well but aside from that... not really much of note. Sniper Elite V2 has been an excellent game though imo.

Is this the same deal offered on Steam? I saw it said get SGW Gold with it free and I'm not sure if that's the same. Either way, I think you're better off waiting for sales on this one.

GS has this deal also except you get a physical copy of 1. If you preorder before 9 pm local time you should still be able to get it.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']On the surface, this looks like a pretty good deal. Unfortunately, given the lower price-point, lack of marketing behind this game, no demo (I think), and no buzz or previews, this game is probably destined to be a dud or at least a bargain bin item soon enough. The first one did stay higher priced longer than I expected, so dud or not, you may not see this one cheap anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever think maybe since its a low budget game they wouldnt spend money on all that in the first place? Hence why its a low budget game- no marketing, no demo=low price point. If a game sucks then its sucks, but throwing more money at a turd is still a turd, and not every studio has 300 people on staff with millions of dollars to back it up. Look at Aliens: Colonial Marines for example- 6+ years in development, multiple studios working on the game and who knows how many millions spent. It still recieved terrible reviews from both critics and players across the board. Not to say Sniper2 is going to be great but why bash it before its even out yet?

[quote name='limelight022']Did you ever think maybe since its a low budget game they wouldnt spend money on all that in the first place? Hence why its a low budget game- no marketing, no demo=low price point. If a game sucks then its sucks, but throwing more money at a turd is still a turd, and not every studio has 300 people on staff with millions of dollars to back it up. Look at Aliens: Colonial Marines for example- 6+ years in development, multiple studios working on the game and who knows how many millions spent. It still recieved terrible reviews from both critics and players across the board. Not to say Sniper2 is going to be great but why bash it before its even out yet?[/QUOTE]

For the record, I didn't technically bash the game. I just said that its prospects don't look good, all things considered. To your point, a game like Sly Cooper 4 was just released at the same price point and similar marketing efforts and was rated very well. The biggest difference here is that Sly Cooper had previously good entries while the first Sniper is generally accepted to be a mediocre game at best. My hunch is that this will be a mediocre game as well, but I hope i'm wrong. I don't like to see any game fail and wish that every game was a good or great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back