SNK Wii Lineup

Scrubking

CAGiversary!
--THE KING OF FIGHTERS COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA (Wii, PlayStation 2, PSP)
--SAMURAI SHODOWN ANTHOLOGY (Wii, PlayStation 2 system)
--FATAL FURY (Wii Virtual Console)
--WORLD HEROES (Wii Virtual Console)
--MAGICIAN LORD (Wii Virtual Console)

LINK

What games are gonna be in this SamSho Anthology? If it's 1 - 6 then this is an awsome collection. It'd be worth it just for SamSho 2 & 6. Hopfully they'll add the 3D ones just for kicks.

I'd forgotten all about World Heroes, it's a decent fighter with some varied combatents. Magician Lord, playwise, looks a little like Altered Beast.

[quote name='Scrubking']--THE KING OF FIGHTERS COLLECTION: THE OROCHI SAGA (Wii, PlayStation 2, PSP)
--SAMURAI SHODOWN ANTHOLOGY (Wii, PlayStation 2 system)
--FATAL FURY (Wii Virtual Console)
--WORLD HEROES (Wii Virtual Console)
--MAGICIAN LORD (Wii Virtual Console)

LINK[/QUOTE]

Fatal Fury and world Heroes are pretty awful. KOF Orochi should have KOF 99-2001, which are good, but definitely not the best the series has to offer. Magician Lord? Not that great either. BUT: Samurai Shodown. That is a victoly. It must be purchased immediately!

...for the PS2.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']What games are gonna be in this SamSho Anthology? If it's 1 - 6 then this is an awsome collection. It'd be worth it just for SamSho 2 & 6. Hopfully they'll add the 3D ones just for kicks.[/QUOTE]

The rumors from way back suggested that Tenkaichi would be on there in addition to the other 5 (no idea if 5 Special was ever supposed to be included.) It'd be nice if Tenkaichi made it on there, though I'm not sure that SNKPUSA is devoted enough to translate all the text in that game. One can hope, though, since it's the best in the series IMO.

[quote name='Chacrana']KOF Orochi should have KOF 99-2001, which are good, but definitely not the best the series has to offer. [/quote]
Don't you mean KOF Orochi should have KOF 95-97? KOF NESTS has 99-2001 (All of which have already been released in the US).

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']Don't you mean KOF Orochi should have KOF 95-97? KOF NESTS has 99-2001 (All of which have already been released in the US).[/QUOTE]

Bah! That's right. Orochi was 95-97, which, unlike 99-2001, are awful. They're about as playable as the original Fatal Fury games, and that is not an endorsement. But yes, I stand corrected.

Samsho is still legendarily awesome though.

You know I read somewhere that SNK is hesitant to port SamSho 5 Special. I hope that it is part of the collection as well as SamSho RPG.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I'm somewhat perplexed that SNK went with these anthologies over just releasing them via the VC.[/QUOTE]

My guess is they want to start with the begining of each series and eventually build up the libaray. In fact you can probably save a bunch of money by just buying the collections since each VC Neo Geo games will cost you $9.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']I'd forgotten all about World Heroes, it's a decent fighter with some varied combatents. Magician Lord, playwise, looks a little like Altered Beast.[/quote]Didn't they release a World Heroes Collection a while back?

All these new collections are insta-buys for me on PS2.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I'm somewhat perplexed that SNK went with these anthologies over just releasing them via the VC.[/QUOTE]

It's definitely a good thing, though. More games for less money, and we're likely get to get bonuses like arranged soundtracks and other options. There's really no possible advantage to a VC version. And I doubt that the Atomiswave Samurai Shodown Tenkaichi could fit on the VC without taking up a ton of space.

Magician Lord is a day one purchase for me.... It was a unique arcade game in that you could actually beat it on one quarter... If you were that good.

[quote name='Chacrana']It's definitely a good thing, though. More games for less money, and we're likely get to get bonuses like arranged soundtracks and other options. [/QUOTE]

Not to forget the possibility of online play since their VC releases won't have that.

[quote name='Chacrana']Bah! That's right. Orochi was 95-97, which, unlike 99-2001, are awful. They're about as playable as the original Fatal Fury games, and that is not an endorsement. But yes, I stand corrected.

Samsho is still legendarily awesome though.[/QUOTE]
95 ill agree with you on, but 96 and 97 are quite enjoyable. I hope we get 98UM ported over here too

[quote name='KaiserWAVE']Not to forget the possibility of online play since their VC releases won't have that.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt that the Wii retail releases will have online play... it was removed from the PS2 versions of games brought to the US, and I can't imagine SNKPUSA putting in the necessary work to make these games playable online over the Wii.

I really don't like Fatal Fury or KOF series. I loves Samurai Showdown Series ....is the BEST FIGHTING GAMES I ever played. Also, World Heroes is Great too but i refer Last Blades over world heroes :)

[quote name='Masterkyo']I really don't like Fatal Fury or KOF series. I loves Samurai Showdown Series ....is the BEST FIGHTING GAMES I ever played. Also, World Heroes is Great too but i refer Last Blades over world heroes :)[/QUOTE]

You like World Heroes more than KOF?

bread's done
Back