Snowboard Kids DS Thread

b3b0p

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
November 22, Snowboard Kids for DS is coming out. Anyone excited to have a portable version of this addictively fun old N64 game? I am and have been anticipating its release since announcement. I have preordered mine, anyone else picking it up?

Xwhat?
Who Kart BS?

today's hype and last weeks news respectively.

No flame(s) intended. However, just in case...

b3b0p: I cast level 1,000,000 flame retardent. I am now immune to all flames.

I can't believe I am the only one looking forward to this DS release.

I guess Mario Kart and Xbox are stealing the spot light.

If it works well I might pick it up. At this point I am spoiled by wifi and the sweet, sweet goodness that is Mario Kart.

I was looking forward to it, but I picked up Tony Hawk, and Mario Kart... so yeah. Maybe when I get bored of them, or if it gets a really good review I'll pick it up sooner.

I WAS looking forward to this, but with Mario Kart...I just don't know. I loved the N64 versions, but this looks like a very different game. If this came out last month I'd be all over it, but with Mario Kart, Sonic Rush, Viewtiful Joe, and the 360...Im kinda full.

Everyone seems to have legitimate excuses. Oh well, guess I'll be the one to let everyone know how it is. If only it was online like Mario Kart, sigh...

I enjoyed the 2 for the N64. Except for the tedious part of trying to fit your character onto the trolly at the end of each lap.

If it wasn't for Tony Hawk and Mario Kart, I would have this. But alas...

It IS on my wishlist, though! Since I don't want a 360 I'll have cash this holiday. This'll definitely be a purchase for me. With this, Mario Kart, Sonic, and Tony Hawk this month, just too much. I picked up Tony and Mario due to WiFi, but I'll definitely have the other two eventually. (Sorry, not a Viewtiful Joe fan)

So, yeah, let us know how it is! I'll be hoping for a great review.

[quote name='mcgavin27']http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=642067
3 out of 5 from Gamespy, I will wait for more reviews before making up my mind about this game.[/QUOTE]

Been reading the actualy review, it seems more like a 4 out of 5 game... the reviewer seems to be faulting it only because it was released after Mario Kart and it's not SSX.

Had it not released so close to Mario Kart DS -- like, as a DS launch title gamers would've cared a lot more about Snowboard Kids. However, most of this game's audience will be too busy tossing turtle shells to care about it. Don't get me wrong; it's a decent snowboard game in almost every sense. It's just too close to Nintendo's heavy hitter, and doesn't have what it takes to win this competition. Maybe if EA licensed it, nurtured it, and turned it into a portable version of SSX we'd be onto something.

I have some credit from a preorder I never picked up, I'll probably transfer it to this.

I never played this game on the N64, but I remember the kid with the insanely huge nose...

looks decent, but due to low financial supplys, I'm sticking to getting Animal Crossing.

[quote name='Roufuss']Been reading the actualy review, it seems more like a 4 out of 5 game... the reviewer seems to be faulting it only because it was released after Mario Kart and it's not SSX.

I have some credit from a preorder I never picked up, I'll probably transfer it to this.[/QUOTE]

How can you fault a game for when it is released? That has nothing to do with its gameplay. :whistle2:s

[quote name='sixersballernum3']How can you fault a game for when it is released? That has nothing to do with its gameplay. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

That's really more of a prediction of how it will do in sales, not how good of a game it is. That a really odd thing to be in a review...

I don't care about the reviews. First hand accounts from real people, like on this forum, are what matter most to me.

If i had some DS friends or it had Wifi id be all over it right now...instead, much like Pheonix Wright, im waiting to pick it up sometime in the new year when i actually need some games to play

Personally I cant wait for this game. I have both the originals (I liked part 1 so much I imported it and then bought it domestic as well) and we still play 4 player vs all the time. Awesome games am very glad to see atlus bring em back. Granted they are different lookin, but some of the old characters are back, like Jam and Slash. I watched some vids of the game and have been keeping an eye on it since it was announced and truly believe this will be a great game. Buuuuuuuut, it will be overshadowed by the monster known as Mario Kart and wifi and also Animal Crossing, in many peoples eyes. To me that doesnt matter, they got my money for this game and Ill be happy to play this instead of Mario Kart any day.

seeing as how much people loved the original, I may actually have to pick this one up... I love snowbaord games to death, so it may be a good idea for me to get it... who knows?

I never played the original, so this title slipped under my radar. I'm going to hold off until I read some reviews, but it looks like a neat game. Might pick it up in the future.

I got mine today and i must say I like it a lot. Control is great, graphics are nice but at some times could use some work when a lot is going on at once on screen. The graphics however give you that classic N64 feel to it, so it is forgiven. Characters are taken from the older games with the exception of 2 (possibly 1, i need to look at part II and see if Brad was there or not). I played both single and mullti play with one card and It was a breeze to pick up and start to play. My wife and I felt the old vibe once more and a flurry of classic insults and smack talk commenced. The pick up items are cool, the level designs were nice as well, so far Japan and New York are my faves. All in all I like it a lot and am glad I got it.

I tried it briefly before my store opened this morning. Seems like a lot of fun. It was quite different playing with a D-pad instead of a stick, but once I got use to using Y for sharp turns, things went a bit more steady. Jam use to be my favorite character to race with. He's pretty fun in this version too.

[quote name='daroga']That's really more of a prediction of how it will do in sales, not how good of a game it is. That a really odd thing to be in a review...[/QUOTE]

Well more or less, it seems that if MK:DS had not came out, then SDK would have less competition, and be a better game for it. But as it stands, it seems like MK:DS is infinitly superior, especially considering that it came out first.

bread's done
Back