Snowing in Hell

You may not have agreed with his positions on things, but it's in real bad taste to speak ill of the dead.

From what I remember, he was a man in a tough spot doing a difficult job and it's sad to see him go, no matter what his politics are.

[quote name='Mike23']You may not have agreed with his positions on things, but it's in real bad taste to speak ill of the dead.

From what I remember, he was a man in a tough spot doing a difficult job and it's sad to see him go, no matter what his politics are.[/quote]

well lets see, would you say it's fair to say that the People who supported hitler in his administration are going to burn in hell?

Wow. the logical leap from any asshole to Hitler is a massive chasm - even in the case of someone like Snow.

I feel bad for him and his family, but fall a little short of wishing he rest in peace.

[quote name='mykevermin']Wow. the logical leap from any asshole to Hitler is a massive chasm - even in the case of someone like Snow.

I feel bad for him and his family, but fall a little short of wishing he rest in peace.[/QUOTE]

Please explain why you disliked him.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Because he was a conservative.[/QUOTE]

Clearly.
But I was hoping for more specific things Mr Snow did that Mr Vermin might consider so disagreeable. I have full confidence mykevermin can produce a short list of actions Mr Snow was guilty of, that are worthy of vilification.

I would hope that not even mykevermin would feel such negativity towards anyone just because they are conservative.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thrustbucket']Clearly.
But I was hoping for more specific things Mr Snow did that Mr Vermin might consider so disagreeable.

[/quote]
Hey, that name is kinda fitting. I like it!

[quote name='thrustbucket']Please explain why you disliked him.[/QUOTE]

Did I say I disliked him?

I said I fall short of wishing he rest in peace. Which is just an empty phrase used to convey respect for the recently departed. Am I suddenly an asshole for failing to fulfill that obligation of reverence for the dead?

P'shaw. Tens of thousands dead in Iraq and we don't bat an eye; hundreds killed annually on the interstate and we bitch about being late for work - death is a reality of life, and I'm not going to put on a front and say that I'm upset that Tony Snow passed away. I'm not excited by it, either - I thought, for a lying conservative hack, he was much, much classier in his approach than most people. But that means not that I revel in his demise, nor does it mean I am saddened by it.

Short version: Tony Snow's death happened. I recognize that, but I'm not going to put up a false pretense that I'm bothered by it.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Please explain why you disliked him.[/quote]

aiding and abetting terrorists and war criminals. (bush administration)

[quote name='mykevermin']Did I say I disliked him?

I said I fall short of wishing he rest in peace. Which is just an empty phrase used to convey respect for the recently departed. Am I suddenly an asshole for failing to fulfill that obligation of reverence for the dead?

P'shaw. Tens of thousands dead in Iraq and we don't bat an eye; hundreds killed annually on the interstate and we bitch about being late for work - death is a reality of life, and I'm not going to put on a front and say that I'm upset that Tony Snow passed away. I'm not excited by it, either - I thought, for a lying conservative hack, he was much, much classier in his approach than most people. But that means not that I revel in his demise, nor does it mean I am saddened by it.

Short version: Tony Snow's death happened. I recognize that, but I'm not going to put up a false pretense that I'm bothered by it.[/quote]

numbers show over 700,000 iraqis are dead now.

[quote name='BuckFush187']aiding and abetting terrorists and war criminals. (bush administration)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear he personally flew the first plane into the World Trade Center.

:roll:

Can I be a vs forum mod? I swear I won't delete/censor/ban posts I disagree with, but this kind of numbskullery should just be stricken entirely.

EDIT: Numbers, schmumbers. Find me a reliable source of counting the war dead and their methodology and then we'll rest out laurels on numbers. In the meantime, a vauge range like "tens of thousands" captures a very conservative (read: probably very low) portion of casualties.

[quote name='BuckFush187']aiding and abetting terrorists and war criminals. (bush administration)[/QUOTE]

Hehe, I can tell you're going to be loads of fun.

[quote name='mykevermin']Yeah, I hear he personally flew the first plane into the World Trade Center.

Can I be a vs forum mod? I swear I won't delete/censor/ban posts I disagree with, but this kind of numbskullery should just be stricken entirely.

EDIT: Numbers, schmumbers. Find me a reliable source of counting the war dead and their methodology and then we'll rest out laurels on numbers. In the meantime, a vauge range like "tens of thousands" captures a very conservative (read: probably very low) portion of casualties.[/quote]Why become a mod, so you can censor him in YET ANOTHER DISPLAY OF INSIDE JOBBERY?

[quote name='BuckFush187']well lets see, would you say it's fair to say that the People who supported hitler in his administration are going to burn in hell?[/quote]

[quote name='BuckFush187']aiding and abetting terrorists and war criminals. (bush administration)[/quote]

How old are you? Just curious.

[quote name='mykevermin']Yeah, I hear he personally flew the first plane into the World Trade Center.

EDIT: Numbers, schmumbers. Find me a reliable source of counting the war dead and their methodology and then we'll rest out laurels on numbers. In the meantime, a vauge range like "tens of thousands" captures a very conservative (read: probably very low) portion of casualties.[/quote]

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/11/world/middleeast/11casualties.html

Dated 10/11/06

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GuilewasNK']They aren't even sure of the estimate in that article.[/QUOTE]

No one is 100 percent certain (that would be almost impossible), we (as in the US government/Armed Forces) did not even bother to count. Last I checked the Lancet numbers were solid.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']They aren't even sure of the estimate in that article.

Here, this will better serve your needs. :roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORB_survey_of_Iraq_War_casualties

BTW, an over-zealous liberal is no less disgusting than an over-zealous conservative when it comes to spin doctoring.[/quote]

dude, your still stuck in this whole left Vs Right bullshit. It's not about left vs right, red vs blue, it's about truth vs lies. Justice Vs injustice. Those are the only things I'm concerned about. so dont give me that liberal vs conservative bullshit because you probably don't know what either word means,

[quote name='BuckFush187']dude, your still stuck in this whole left Vs Right bullshit. It's not about left vs right, red vs blue, it's about truth vs lies. Justice Vs injustice. Those are the only things I'm concerned about. so dont give me that liberal vs conservative bullshit because you probably don't know what either word means,[/quote]

You say all that with a name like BuckFush and a conspiracy theory avatar. :lol:

Welcome to the vs. forum.

bread's done
Back