Snyder's MOS Reviews

I'll be honest, after thinking about it after leaving the midnight screening and thinking some more I think outside of the fight scenes I flat out hated this movie.
Actually reading your posts this does not surprise me.

I am the opposite. The longer I am away from the film the more I appreciate what it did. Right after it was over I was left not feeling much but now a lot of the bigger themes have sunk in and I am really looking forward to the next film.

Also, big Friday with 44 million. 56 million with Thursday. Looks like it could hit 130 million for the weekend which would be awesome. I also thought Cavill was great as Superman.

Last edited by a moderator:
saw it again in IMAX 3d.

Hmm... This movie wasn't shot in IMAX...there was no switching so it stayed in letterbox format... :bomb:

Still incredible the second time around.

Russell Crowe honestly was amazing as Jor-El.  I loved the little glimpse of the suit his son eventually was going to wear down the line as he was putting on his armor.  It almost felt iron man like.  I thought the outfits were amazing.  Krypton was amazing.  The planet was majestic in it's own way.  The terminal interface technology was pretty good.  Instead of holograms, we got this cool mercury type effect.  Very cool.

Kal-El's birth scene was beautifully shot.  It brought a tear to my eye.

So there is NO FOS, which was kinda a bummer to me.  One of the status pods being opened and empty was kinda hmmm.... but since there is no hint this was Kara Zor-E's pod...who knows?

This movie was defiantly pro army.  I liked the uses of the A-10's...always good to see them used (last time was I think Transformers 1) and the F-35's.

The Smallville battle was pretty good.

ILM has done an amazing job at destroying city buildings up close.  They have come along way since Transformers 3 and Battleship.

I was really starting to like Dr. Emil Hamilton.  Was bummed out that he was killed along with that other military guy when they crashed into Zod's ship.

Ooooo Batman's gonna be pissed that some alien's destroyed his satellite.

The music was really good.  As a soundtrack collector, I must say this is one of the top ones in my collection.

At first I was kinda annoyed Lane was able to find out who Clark really is, but then I was cool with it. 

I don't know what Marvel can do now to top this movie.  Just waiting for the numbers to come in.

As my friend said... Marvel movies tend to have too much comedy where as WB movies are more serious.

Lets hope to see a second movie in 2 or 3 years. 

Well done Zack Snyder! :bow:

Just finished watching this with my daughter in 3D. I liked it but kinda felt 1 fight scene too long, other than that I can't wait to see where they go from here.

Anyone here think the 3-d was not utilized properly?    It's like Snyder had no intention to have this movie in 3d until WB forced it down his throat (and ours).  I don't know but it felt like once they got the story to earth, 3d was just an after thought.

So yes, save your money and not see the 3d/imax screenings.  Any predictions on how much money this will make in a month?

Finally got around to seeing it yesterday. One of the best Superman movies. I can see why some diehard Superman fans might not appreciate how the character was portrayed but I thoroughly enjoyed it.  No clue why the critics didn't like. 

Finally got around to see it. Was very good, but the 9/11 and Jesus imagery got out of hand. Not a big fan of Supes' hovering and the part where Supey and Zod are bouncing around back and forth looked too much like a video game cutscene.

Still, loved the story, the action was great, and pretty much any scene with Clark interacting with the military was awesome.

The argument about Jenny Olsen earlier in the thread feels even stupider when you realize that they never say her last name, she never photographs anything, and is background filler until the final battle.

I do wonder how Metropolis got rebuilt so fast though....

Though this ended pulling a Green Lantern and taking an epic nose dive after its first week, it did pass the $600 millio markn world wide this weekend. Still a pretty big success.

bread's done
Back