So a Guy Lights a Gamestop on Fire...

OH SHIT! That's 1 mile away from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vaguely know a few of the guys that work there. Now I'm playing the game of who finally snapped.

[quote name='ced']I vaguely know a few of the guys that work there. Now I'm playing the game of who finally snapped.[/QUOTE]

The news-losers are suggesting that he may have been an employee/ex-employee. The live news feed has him on camera... from a distance.

GalleriaSuspectArrested.jpg

Of course it's the only black kid in Roseville that goes batshit crazy. Gotta keep the stereotypes alive, I guess.

I'll be interested to see if the mall re-opens today. My shift ends in 3 hours and I have to pass the Galleria to get home.

[quote name='ced']
56951941-21124800-400225.jpeg

Of course it's the only black kid in Roseville that goes batshit crazy. Keep the stereotypes alive.[/QUOTE]

he may have lit a fire in a Gamestop, but you, sir, may have just lit a fire on CAG.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']This is what happens when you pester people about pre-ordering.[/QUOTE]

And warranties. And sell gutted games as new. And have used games priced higher than the new ones sometimes. etc. etc. etc. :D

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']He apparently tweeted while in the store.

Wow.[/QUOTE]

this was confirmed by fox40 to be fake

http://twitter.com/FOX40

also, Roseville DMV evacuated due to a gas leak.. so.. no one go outside if you live that way.

I knew one of these days that the signage talking about the hottest new games was going to cause a problem.

[quote name='Scorch']he may have lit a fire in a Gamestop, but you, sir, may have just lit a fire on CAG.[/QUOTE]

I always pull my race card out, but I prefer to use mine as tinder.

I think the part that sucks the most is that he had to set fire to the GS that's in the mall. It's a pretty big shopping mall and gets a great deal of business in the area. If the fire's bad enough to shut stores or even the whole mall down indefinitely that could mean quite a few mall workers are going to be hurting.

I live kinda near here, my friend texted me about it, can't believe how much of the mall has burned down, that's the "high end" mall in the Sacramento area.

They just said on the news he's a former In and Out employee and they fired him. So he said he was going to sue them or something. He was homeless, then set the Gamestop on fire and did that situation with Police.

The local news here is reporting his name as Alexander Piggee, which is an equally absurd last name. Apparently he's also suspected in starting a fire at a Wal-Mart yesterday in the next county over. From his bizarre behavior, it's pretty obvious something snapped.

Edit: From CityofRoseville's twitter feed: "The suspect has been identified as Alexander Corney Pigee, DOB 01-02-1987, no permanent address."

A. Corney Pigee!

[quote name='benjamouth']Glitter really is the preferred option here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he is obviously not a CAG. I guess he could have kicked over the magazine rack before setting fire to it.

[quote name='ced']
Edit: From CityofRoseville's twitter feed: "The suspect has been identified as Alexander Corney Pigee, DOB 01-02-1987, no permanent address."

A. Corney Pigee![/QUOTE]

If my name was Alexander Corney Pigee, I would sleep with a loaded 12-gauge in my mouth every night.

Got to witness the damage driving home. The entire complex is off limits except to police and firefighters (and reporters in a specific corner). A lot of gawkers gathered on the sidewalk. Looks like that whole wing of the mall might be a loss.

From what I've gathered, they thought they had the fire under control and pulled back the firefighters so police could inspect the guy's bag for explosives. While they were doing that, the fire reignited and the roof collapsed so they brought the firefighters back in.

I'm hearing nothing but helicopters flying overhead outside at the moment. Might be a rough night of sleep.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']If my name was Alexander Corney Pigee, I would sleep with a loaded 12-gauge in my mouth every night.[/QUOTE]

Worst names I ever heard was a guy named Cuddles and a girl named Pepsi.

He was an In-and-Out ex employee yet set fire to Gamestop? Is the Gamestop located in the middle of mall, so he did it to cause more destruction?

[quote name='evildeadjedi']He was an In-and-Out ex employee yet set fire to Gamestop? Is the Gamestop located in the middle of mall, so he did it to cause more destruction?[/QUOTE]

We won't know for sure until there's further testimony on his part.

The GS is between a Macy's and a Sears on the second floor and there are quite a few clothing shops around it that most likely went up in smoke. So accounting for the potentially millions of dollars in physical damage and lost revenue to the area, if he was going for destruction, he accomplished that in spades.

[quote name='ced']We won't know for sure until there's further testimony on his part.

The GS is between a Macy's and a Sears on the second floor and there are quite a few clothing shops around it that most likely went up in smoke. So accounting for the potentially millions of dollars in physical damage and lost revenue to the area, if he was going for destruction, he accomplished that in spades.[/QUOTE]

Yes, sounds like he certainly did and hopefully no one was hurt.

According to the news earlier no one was hurt. It was only 30 minutes after opening when it started and got out everyone inside relatively easy.

The mall had just finished a multi-million dollar addition to the mall this past year. Now it's estimated to be closed for months and a small possibility of opening up parts of the mall(last I heard). It's going to a slow Christmas season for the Roseville Galleria.

"He was saying stuff about his family. The staff from GameStop was saying he was more or less incoherent," Roseville Police Lt. Mike Doane said.

Sounds like the typical Gamestop soccer mom or clueless (non-CAG) customer.

GalleriaSuspectArrested.jpg

A. Corny Piggee: "$15 to sign up for Power Up? I got your Power Up right here, bitch!"

[quote name='evildeadjedi']He was an In-and-Out ex employee yet set fire to Gamestop? Is the Gamestop located in the middle of mall, so he did it to cause more destruction?[/QUOTE]

Because even in his obvious deranged state (and having the name worthy of a Loony Tunes character) he knew that torching an In N Out would be a cardinal sin. Torching a Gamestop, meh.

I wonder if they'll just send all the smoked out, semi-melted, and water logged games and consoles to the main gamestop warehouse and sell them online, FLOL...I can just see the new Gamestop.com disclaimer: "May not include original case and instruction manual. May include smoke and/or fire and water damage".

[quote name='karkyco']"He was saying stuff about his family. The staff from GameStop was saying he was more or less incoherent," Roseville Police Lt. Mike Doane said.
[/QUOTE]

From what I heard, He was telling the gamestop employees that aliens abducted his sister.:roll: I think he was just trying to build up a insanity defense before he started the fire.

And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Gamestop that if they Gut my games one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told the manager too, because they've gutted my games four times already this year, and they charged me full price, but they were opened, and the employess played them, but then, they scratched the discs too, but I kept my scratched discs because I didn't want to drive across town again, and it's not okay because if they gut my games then I'll set the building on fire...

[quote name='Xenogears']And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Gamestop that if they Gut my games one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told the manager too, because they've gutted my games four times already this year, and they charged me full price, but they were opened, and the employess played them, but then, they scratched the discs too, but I kept my scratched discs because I didn't want to drive across town again, and it's not okay because if they gut my games then I'll set the building on fire...[/QUOTE]

:lol::applause::lol::applause:

For those who might not clue in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOUyRBDB8hI

This is what happens when you tell your customer Gran Turismo 5 has been delayed 3 weeks before the actual launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdAKyC8i0v4

Just in case people are wondering, here's an aerial clip of the fire to show how massive the Roseville Galleria is. Considering that there are nearly 250 stores there and they're shutting it down completely indefinitely, Roseville's sales tax income stream is going to be absolutely hurting without their big cash cow until they get things running again.

bread's done
Back