So about Wing Island...

tayaf69

CAGiversary!
Is this game even out today? I went looking for it at Target and CC. I can't find it. EBgames and IGN have it released for today...

I don't really care about the reviews for it. I'm a Pilotwings fan and want to at least give it a shot and I believe 39.99 is a bit reasonable. I just hope I'm not brutally disappointed.

Anyone play it yet, or is this just going to be a short-lived title?

[quote name='bmulligan']Wow, you LIKED Pilotwings? Wow...[/QUOTE]
are you kidding me? I would be that the majority of people on this board have some good memory from Pilotwings 64. It was one of my favorite games of all time and still is. In fact, I just replayed it a few months ago. It scored an 88% on gamerankings. I would say that it's a good game. The game is freaking classic and I bet tons of people would back me on that.

http://www.gamespot.com/n64/strategy/pilotwings64/review.html
gamespots review of Pilotwings 64 was an 8.9. I believe the review was too low.

[quote name='gofishn']I LOVED Pilotwings for the SNES. Never played the N64 version though.[/QUOTE]

The N64 version was amazing and still is to this day.

bmulligan, you is crazy.

Hodeophones, you is crazy.

[quote name='bmulligan']Wow, you LIKED Pilotwings? Wow...[/quote]Pilotwings is easily one of the top 5 games on the SNES.

Regardless of what Strell says, though, the N64 version is not good. And that is objective fact. Your opinions are meaningless when they differ from mine.

Clearly no one here knows the joy of the canon levels, where you can actually land on the moving boats.

Or the hang glider level where you go STRAIGHT DOWN the mountain.

Which is a shame.

[quote name='bmulligan']Wow, you LIKED Pilotwings? Wow...[/QUOTE]

You mean you didn't like Pilotwings?

It was great then and still holds up surprisingly well today.

Wing Island... Not so sure about, but I had hoped it would be good.

[quote name='Strell']Clearly no one here knows the joy of the canon levels, where you can actually land on the moving boats.

Which is a shame.[/QUOTE]
I clearly remember. And I remember the jumble hopper stages when you never stopped bouncing. And refueling your gyrocopter at the random gas station. Classic

About Wing Island...

IGN just gave it a 5.0...
http://wii.ign.com/articles/774/774385p1.html

"Wing Island is not the stand-in for Pilotwings that some had hoped for." - Matt Casamassina

I guess I saw that coming

[quote name='Strell']Clearly no one here knows the joy of the canon levels, where you can actually land on the moving boats.

Which is a shame.[/QUOTE]

I long for the old days when this game first came out, where I would fly around the Little States in a gyrocopter and shoot missles at everything from boats to buildings.

N64 Pilotwings was delicious, and slightly delerious.

n64 pilot wings > almost all lol

THIS GAME WING ISLAND IS ASS shame of the month just as egm says

By the way i have Pilot wings on n64 for $11 shipped

Man. Flying around taking pictures with that incredibly soothing music in the hang glider levels, the almost-scientific precision my friends and I had to nail down in order to hit the boats in the canon levels (which required PRECISE counting and exact coordinates), blowing shit up with the gyrocopter, bouncing around the USA...

Goddamn I want that game on the VC. I would throw down immediately.

I'm sure everyone has ONE memory that sticks in their head above all when it comes to games (be it childhood or whenever). For me it was one stage in Pilotwings 64 when you use the wind currents to climb alititude in your hanglider. The music was perfect and relaxing and the sunset background over the farmland was amazing. After you gained about 600 feet, you reached the goal and could just glide down to the target. That, while may sound cheesy, was my favorite memory in a game ever.

5 of my favorite things about Pilotwings64 off the top of my head:

1. Flying through the cave with the jetpack at Cresent Island.
2. Trying to land on different things with the bird wings. (the ferris wheel took forever)
3. Shooting the pilots at Mario's face at Mt. Rushmore and watching him turn into Wario.
4. Chasing Meca-Hawk across the Little States.
5. Weaving the helicopter through the all the little ravines to get all the rings.

It might be my favorite N64 game ever and it was a launch game.

[quote name='tayaf69']
Anyone play it yet, or is this just going to be a short-lived title?[/QUOTE]

I know all the reviews have been pretty bad for Wing Island, but did anyone pick it up anyway and if so, do you have some personal impressions to give? I'm wondering if young children (ages seven and six) would enjoy this or not?

I love the Pilotwings 64 soundtrack, especially the jetpack levels at night. God bless Galbadia Hotel for their soundtracks

[quote name='kiril']I know all the reviews have been pretty bad for Wing Island, but did anyone pick it up anyway and if so, do you have some personal impressions to give? I'm wondering if young children (ages seven and six) would enjoy this or not?[/QUOTE]
I still haven't been able to find it, but here is one review from a gamer like us...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/review/R112072.html

Seems like he enjoyed it.

my buddy rented wing island as was thoroughly disappointed. he said he was expecting a pilotwings basically but it was not even close to as good...again this is just hear-say as I have not played it pesonally.

bread's done
Back