so am i screwed on this toyrus purchase of mine?

y2jasper

CAGiversary!
ok so a few weeks ago, i bought wii sports resort from the TRU website, intending to give it to my cousins. on christmas though i found out they already had the game, but wanted to get NSMB for the wii and i said i'd take care of an exchange and everything. cut to today and i go to the local TRU store with the still sealed game, and my confirmation email...only to find out that apparantly the only possible way for them to do an online return is with the shipping label from the order, and of course i already threw that out.

i don't understand how TRU.com wouldn't supply the necessary information inside the actual email, which is how i think most stores do it (atleast BB, and the now defunct CC did). i didn't have time today to call up the website, or call my friend who works at TRU to see if he can help...but am i screwed here? i mean i paid by gift cards and i just want store credit back.

I don't think you can return TRU.com items to the B&M stores... I think you have to return it via an online RMA.

And no, that's not completely unreasonable. TRU.com probably operates from a warehouse and TRU stores operate by distributors so they don't share the same info (though they could, like BBY does).

Does no one check the help section of websites any more? :whistle2:s

http://www.toysrus.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=returns&subdisplay=returns

Specifically, for the link lazy:
[quote name='From TRU.com website']
Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us Online Returns
Online Holiday Return Policy
We appreciate your business and understand that many of you purchase your Holiday gifts in advance of the Holiday season. To accommodate this, we are pleased to announce our Online Holiday Return Policy. We will gladly accept any online return for orders placed from November 1, 2009 through December 24, 2009, which are postmarked no later than Friday, January 15, 2010. If our original 30-day return policy extends beyond the January 15th date, not to worry! Our standard 30-day policy will apply. Standard return policy rules and restrictions apply. Please see Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us Online Return Policy for rules and restrictions.
Items purchased online at the Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us website may be returned directly to our return center. Please see the Return Policy below for instructions. Most items may also be returned to your local Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store. Please check your packing slip for the words: "Not returnable in stores." If you are returning your online purchase to a retail store, please note:

1. Refunds for items returned to a Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store will be in the form of store credit only.
  2. All returns made at a Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store will be subject to the applicable store return policy.
Learn how to return an item directly to our Return Center
Toysrus.com & Babiesrus.com Online Return Policy for Electronics Items
Toys"R"Us store returns
Babies"R"Us store returns
Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us Online Return Policy
Return Policy

• Toys"R"Us & Babies"R"Us online purchases may be returned within 30 days. Items should be returned in unopened or original condition, with a copy of the packing slip, to our Return Center.
  • A refund of the price of the item and any applicable taxes will be issued in the original form of payment used to purchase the item. Please note that this also applies to items received as gifts. If you return a gift, the purchaser will receive a refund in the original form of payment they used to make the purchase.
  • Orders with more than one item: If you paid for your order with a gift card and an additional form of payment, the credit for a returned item will first go back to the gift card.
  • Shipping costs will not be refunded unless the item is being returned because it is damaged or defective. If you are returning an item because it is damaged or defective, please click here for additional details.
Instructions
Please follow the instructions below when packing and sending your product for return. It's important to note that the instructions below must be followed in order to allow us the opportunity to process your return.

• Send the item in its original packaging.
  • Pack the item carefully so that it will not be damaged during the shipping process.
  • Include a copy of the packing slip. We will not be able to process a return for any shipment received without a packing slip.
  • Use a secure shipping method to send the item so that it can be tracked. For example, if you are sending it through the United States Postal Service, please send it via certified mail. We are not responsible for items lost during shipping, and cannot process your return until the item is received.
  • Unless a different return address is specified on your packing slip, all returns should be sent to the following address:

Toysrus.com Return Center
    2829 Rohr Road
    Groveport, OH 43125
tru_BTTarrow.gif

Toysrus.com & Babiesrus.com Online Return Policy for Electronics Items
Return Guidelines
Customers may return electronics items purchased at Toysrus.com/Babiesrus.com subject to the guidelines below. Credit will only be issued if the return meets all the below criteria. We do not offer merchandise exchanges.
Electronics items purchased online cannot be returned to Toys "R" Us or Babies "R" Us stores.
Return Packaging Requirements
Items must be returned in their original condition, with original packaging and packing slip, and all accessories must be included. Please make a copy for your records. The item must be shipped to the below noted Return's Center. Please note, Toys "R" Us is not responsible for items lost during return transit. Therefore, we recommend you insure your package and ship it via a trackable shipment method.
Toysrus.com Return Center
2829 Rohr Road
Groveport, OH 43125
15-Day Return Period from Receipt of Electronics Items
Returns will only be accepted on computers, monitors, notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, GPS units, and keyboards for fifteen (15) days from the date the item is received.
Exceptions
The following items may not be returned:
Opened computer software, movies, music and video games. Any merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) or serial number.
(Note: if the items above are damaged or defective, or if an incorrect item was shipped, you may receive credit for these items. Please see details below (Damaged, Defective or Incorrect Items section).
Restocking Fee
A 15% restocking fee will be charged on computers, monitors, notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, GPS units, and keyboards. These fees apply unless the item is defective or damaged, the wrong item was received or the fee is prohibited by law.
Missing Items
No credit will be issued for items missing components, parts, original box, packaging material, contents, accessories and/or manuals (i.e., any product not in "like new" condition).
Damaged, Defective or Incorrect Items
If you return a damaged, defective or incorrect item to the return center, you will receive a refund. You may then choose to purchase a replacement item. We do not offer merchandise exchanges.
Personal Data
Please remove all personal data (e.g., computer or wireless phone data, videotapes), from any returned items. Toysrus.com/Babiesrus.com is not responsible for any personal data left on or in these items.
Promotional Items
Any product that is returned without a promotional item(s) that was included with the original transaction (e.g., buy a TV, get a free DVD player; buy a TV, get a free gift card; or buy a TV, get a DVD player half off) will have the value of the promotional item deducted from the refund amount.
Refund Method
Refund will be in the same form as original purchase. If the item is a gift the person who originally made the purchase will get the refund.
Toysrus.com/Babiesrus.com reserve the right to refuse any returns.
tru_BTTarrow.gif

Damaged or Defective Products
To return a damaged or defective item, please contact our customer service team by phone at 1-800-TOYSRUS (1-800-869-7787). Our customer service team will provide you with a prepaid return shipping label to assist with your return. Once we receive the item, you will be refunded the price of the item as well as any applicable taxes and shipping costs. Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment used to purchase the item. Please note that in order to receive a refund for the shipping cost of the item, you must contact our customer service team before returning the item to us.
tru_BTTarrow.gif

Toys"R"Us Recalled Product Return Policy
Nothing is more important than the safety of your children. To that end, we will gladly accept returns on recalled items. If you choose to return your item to our Online Return Center, a refund will be processed to the original method of payment as long as the item is accompanied by your packing slip. If you choose to return the item to one of our retail stores, a refund will be processed to the original method of payment if your have your packing slip, or to a Toys"R"Us merchandise credit card if you do not have your packing slip.
tru_BTTarrow.gif

Warranties
Many of the products that are sold on the Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us website come with a manufacturer's warranty. For additional information on the manufacturer's warranty for a specific product, contact the manufacturer directly.
tru_BTTarrow.gif
BACK TO TOP[/quote]

bread's done
Back