So CheapyD was wrong about the new XMB?

neobara

CAG Veteran
I feel like everyone forgot that Cheapy D was quoted as saying that the XMB was going to be totally redesigned for E3 for a FACT. Well, E3 for Sony has come and gone and no news on a redesign. I feel like that would've been big enough news to have a highlight somewhere in their presentation. Firmware 3.4 is supposedly coming on the 22nd, but no news yet on a redesign or not. So was he just flat-out wrong? What are his sources exactly?

Considering 3.4 is required for PSN+...and it's not coming until the 22nd...I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony announce a new XMB shortly before the update goes live. Why spill EVERYTHING at E3...keep the wave going ;)

[quote name='AXV1']Lets all boycott cheapassgamers til we get an apology...[/QUOTE]
you boycott cheapassgamers but I'll stay here on cheapassgamer. (you comment did make me laugh...hope he does apologize:)) Only time will tell I guess

I believe I amended my statement later to say it might not be shown at E3. There's some euro show coming soon. Don't hang me yet.

You%27re%20a%20Liar%5B4%5D

Just teasing... :) I remember a comment about not being shown publicly at E3 though by Cheapy D. A few more months then we will see.

[quote name='CheapyD']I believe I amended my statement later to say it might not be shown at E3. There's some euro show coming soon. Don't hang me yet.[/QUOTE]

I still believe you made that one that one up. But if you were right, kudos to you.

[quote name='CheapyD']I believe I amended my statement later to say it might not be shown at E3. There's some euro show coming soon. Don't hang me yet.[/QUOTE]
Haha, way to backpedal. Anything else that may or may not happen in the future we should know about? ;)

Soooo what was your source? Can't say? I would think if your source was right it would be in Firmware 3.4 that's launching alongside PSN+ next week... sooo we'll see i guess?

Then there's PAX, TGS, and some other shows. It'll happen if you keep being vague about it.

Still, we'll have to prepare the noose just to be safe.

Firmware 3.4 (if true) would probably be announced this weekend if it's gonna happen. So fingers crossed for you CheapyD. I really would like an XMB revamp. It's become so plain. It just needs some flash in some places other than the background.

[quote name='help1']Lol why would cheapyd lie. Stop teasing him.[/QUOTE]

Because he's CHEAP that's why :booty:

[quote name='neobara']I feel like everyone forgot that Cheapy D was quoted as saying that the XMB was going to be totally redesigned for E3 for a FACT. Well, E3 for Sony has come and gone and no news on a redesign. I feel like that would've been big enough news to have a highlight somewhere in their presentation. Firmware 3.4 is supposedly coming on the 22nd, but no news yet on a redesign or not. So was he just flat-out wrong? What are his sources exactly?[/QUOTE]

What an asshole.

So a guy is wrong about something that at the time hadnt been officially stated and your going to post a thread to make sure you call him out on it? You must have a great big ego and no self esteem if this is what you do with your time.

And also note in what you said, e3 has come and gone and NO NEWS on the redesign yet. So technically, he isnt even wrong yet because as you said, they havent released the info yet.

[quote name='gargus']What an asshole.

So a guy is wrong about something that at the time hadnt been officially stated and your going to post a thread to make sure you call him out on it? You must have a great big ego and no self esteem if this is what you do with your time.

And also note in what you said, e3 has come and gone and NO NEWS on the redesign yet. So technically, he isnt even wrong yet because as you said, they havent released the info yet.[/QUOTE]

Wow, dude. You seriously need to get your head out of your ass. I'm not trying to embarass or call him out on it. If you read any of my other posts, i'm not being accusing or mocking at all. I'm honestly just trying to inquire about Cheapy's sources and whether or not we can actually expect to see a redesign soon. I said "everyone seems to have forgotten" in my first post because i wanted to start a discussion on the topic, not because i wanted to belittle anyone or inflate my ego or whatever shit you've made up in your head. Chill the fuck out.

Dang, some people defend their men seriously in life I see....

Cheapy is so far wrong. It's not the end of the world.

[quote name='gargus']What an asshole.

And also note in what you said, e3 has come and gone and NO NEWS on the redesign yet. So technically, he isnt even wrong yet because as you said, they havent released the info yet.[/QUOTE]

You should probably refer to your own words...as it seems you are doing the same thing with your own time. Is calling someone an asshole good for your big ego and no self esteem? :wall: Kind of ironic I think...

They teased and gave little information on PSN+. They will give more info on the upcoming weeks about the new changes coming to PSN.

Meh, I'm sure they'll do it whenever they add the Netflix as part of the XMB. Why put out two releases in a row?

Anyway, I don't care if Cheapy is wrong or not, I just wish Sony would make something that get's Cheapy excited about the PS3 so we can hear more about it on the CAG Cast :)

[quote name='fuss']This is like finding out my salsa was made in New York City....[/QUOTE]
hahahahahaha:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='neobara']Firmware 3.4 (if true) would probably be announced this weekend if it's gonna happen. So fingers crossed for you CheapyD. I really would like an XMB revamp. It's become so plain. It just needs some flash in some places other than the background.[/QUOTE]
You know you can download and install your own custom icons and backgrounds if you want to, right? You're not constrained to those that Sony has made.

As for me, I have the LBP theme from the PS Store. It has Sackboy running and jumping on LBP and LBP themed icons. That's good enough for me.

If anything, Sony needs to allow me to delete the excessive PS Store icons, since I'm not gonna buy any of their shit unless it's cheap anyway and $10(or more) for a downloadable game ain't cheap enough for my liking.:razz::D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You know you can download and install your own custom icons and backgrounds if you want to, right? You're not constrained to those that Sony has made.[/QUOTE]

I did not know that :) I wish you could have custom avatars tho.
Is there some kind of link that tells you how to make your own theme? Or is it just changing the wallpaper and the icons individually?

[quote name='jh6269']I did not know that :) I wish you could have custom avatars tho.
Is there some kind of link that tells you how to make your own theme? Or is it just changing the wallpaper and the icons individually?[/QUOTE]
It's pretty much changing the wallpaper and icons individually. Some game companies even have custom icons and wallpapers you can download right from their site.

I think I had a set of icons from GTA for a while on my desktop, though now that I think about it I believe it was from an independent site.

But if you really want to, you can make any photo into a custom background.

I had a smokin' hot picture of Robin Meade(Headline News)in a dress as my background for the longest time until I bought the LBP one.

This was the pic I was using as my background:

photo5.jpg

ey, i got the lil big planet one, too. i wonder if they have more backgrounds where the character is in animation.

I dunno about that pic you posted. If that was my background I don't think I'd turn the ps3 on often..

there's absolutely nothing wrong with XMB in my opinion. It's a slick looking interface as it is. Why does it need extra "flashy" bells and whistles? I consider it far superior to either of the other two consoles when it comes to sexiness, customization, and ease of navigation. You people are all just taking what you have for granted

[quote name='mr_burnzz']ey, i got the lil big planet one, too. i wonder if they have more backgrounds where the character is in animation.

I dunno about that pic you posted. If that was my background I don't think I'd turn the ps3 on often..[/QUOTE]
There's also an Afrika animated one, but I think that's on one of the overseas PS Stores.

As for the pic, I found some better ones, but those were heavily photoshopped.:cry:

Don't Sony Bravias have a XMB menu? If this hasn't been updated for the new 3D ones I doubt we'll see a new one on the PS3 anytime soon.

Seriously bickering like little bitches about something so trivial, if any of you arguing are over 10 years of age you should be ashamed.

[quote name='ssjmichael']there's absolutely nothing wrong with XMB in my opinion. It's a slick looking interface as it is. Why does it need extra "flashy" bells and whistles? I consider it far superior to either of the other two consoles when it comes to sexiness, customization, and ease of navigation. You people are all just taking what you have for granted[/QUOTE]
I Knew a girl with bells and whistles...she was very annoying...

[quote name='C0IN']Seriously bickering like little bitches about something so trivial, if any of you arguing are over 10 years of age you should be ashamed.[/QUOTE]
It's not trivial when you have limited gaming time and when you go to turn on the PS3 you're greeted with a 'firmware update, you MUST download NOOOOW' message and that it locks you out of doing anything else with the system until it's downloaded.

The XMB is fine as it is, though bringing up the in-game XMB could be tweaked a lil bit. Otherwise, it's good enough for me.

Not from my experience it doesn't. Then again, I have my PS3 set to auto sign-in, so maybe I should shut that option off to make sure I don't get bugged into updating the next time they put out a fw update.

As soon as your PS3 signs into PSN it brings up the 'you MUST update' crap.

And how many times does that happen in a given week? month? year? The PS3 gets like 5-10 FW updates a year, many of which are not even mandatory.

Then simply un-tick 'auto-sign in' which will probably take you what, 5 seconds? Problem solved.

[quote name='ssjmichael']And how many times does that happen in a given week? month? year? The PS3 gets like 5-10 FW updates a year, many of which are not even mandatory.[/QUOTE]
:lol:Not even mandatory. Right. Like the one that removed the 'other OS' thing from the older model PS3's, yet still had to be downloaded by people like me with slim PS3's.

Like the one that added 'oooooo sparkles' to the background on the XMB and 3-4 more PS Store icons(as well as the Facebook icon), since some numbskulls couldn't find the single icon they had prior. So they had to make it easier for the dumbasses who pay for extra crap that should've been in each game to begin with, but the company decided to gouge for extra money later on by adding them via download.

So much junk is on the XMB as it is now, it's a pain in the ass to navigate. the only useful function they've added was the ability to get into the XMB while in a game.

bread's done
Back