So how do I play my PSP Go on my TV?

You need the pspgo component cable. You can get them pretty cheap on Amazon.. like 5 or 6 bucks. And no you cant connect through your ps3 that way with your go, you can only remote play which shows your ps3 content on the go screen (and is very limited). But you can plug your go and ds3 controller into the ps3 to sync the controller up to the go, that way you can play on the tv and use the controller :) Best way to play the go imo.

You'd need the PSP go Cradle. That's how you output the PSPgo the TV if my memory serves. But definitely playing the PSPGo on the TV with the PS3 controller is the best course to take.

You don't need the cradle, all you need is the component (or composite) cable that's specific for the PSP Go (the cables for the standard PSP does not work).

You only need the cradle if you want to charge the Go and output to the TV. The PSP Go uses the same port for video out and to charge. And even then you need the charging cable from an earlier PSP model to use with the cradle. That's right, the PSP Go's cradle can't use the PSP Go's charging cable and instead needs the charging cable from a PSP 1/2/3000. Yes, Sony went full retard when designing and accessorizing the PSP Go.

Also note that the PSP Go doesn't output games to fit the screen, it only fills about half the screen so make sure your TV has a good zoom feature. Otherwise, you'll need to buy a $70 adapter to display full screen.

Protip, if you have a Sony 3d monitor, there is a mode called PSP zoom. This lets you play your PSP games in full screen, 120hz. It's really great!

[quote name='Vinny']You don't need the cradle, all you need is the component (or composite) cable that's specific for the PSP Go (the cables for the standard PSP does not work).

You only need the cradle if you want to charge the Go and output to the TV. The PSP Go uses the same port for video out and to charge. And even then you need the charging cable from an earlier PSP model to use with the cradle. That's right, the PSP Go's cradle can't use the PSP Go's charging cable and instead needs the charging cable from a PSP 1/2/3000. Yes, Sony went full retard when designing and accessorizing the PSP Go.

Also note that the PSP Go doesn't output games to fit the screen, it only fills about half the screen so make sure your TV has a good zoom feature. Otherwise, you'll need to buy a $70 adapter to display full screen.[/QUOTE]

Is this true? There is no point in me getting the cradle without getting an older charging cable for my new used psp go then?

[quote name='nixmahn']Is this true? There is no point in me getting the cradle without getting an older charging cable for my new used psp go then?[/QUOTE]

You need to buy a cable for charging in the cradle separately. Like always with Sony accessories they keep nickel and dime us.

Um you may want something like this, my local Toys R Us still has a few Sony PSPGO items I am going to pick up next paycheck I am getting the cradle too. (sorry my hair is messy)
picture.php

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']I don't understand how is playing the go on the tv the best way to go,why not just play it from the PSP go itself?[/QUOTE]

I don't know why other people are buying it but I am using it as a portable home console when I will be vacationing. Bring your Go, component cable, cradle, charger, and DS3 you can play PSP and PSX games from the hotel couch. For everyday use, won't be quite useful for me but it is a great option when you want a bigger controller. Plus if you can get the component & cradle for $20 from TRU and the Go from GS for $50, you have a great on the go vacation console that doesn't take too much room and won't weigh much compared to bringing a PS3/360/Wii(U) with you.

bread's done
Back