So, how many credit hours does the average CAGer take per semester, and what grades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quackzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I take about 22, how about you guys?

And what are your GPAs? Mine is between 3.8 and 3.9.

Don't be afraid, the internet in anonymous!

[quote name='Quackzilla']I take about 22, how about you guys?

And what are your GPAs? Mine is between 3.8 and 3.9.

Don't be afraid, the internet in anonymous![/QUOTE]

You're full of shit.

EDIT: I'm on the quarter system, not semester system. I take an average of 19 credits per quarter. I have a 3.82 right now and it should go up more after this quarter.

[quote name='jPoD']I think I take 15 per semester in college.[/QUOTE]

You're not in college yet, dumbass. Hell, you haven't even gotten into college yet. ;)

I usually take between 12 and 15, but have to step it up to finish my double major on time (hours wise I am on time, but I don't want to take 15 hours of 400 level classes my last year, which is why I am pushing myself now). GPA I hover above a 3 to a 3.5 for the most part (depends on the types of courses I am taking and how many, because I have had a couple well above 3.5 when I was taking like 12 hours and all the classes were easy).

I'm doing grad school at James Madison University.

9 credit hours per semester, and I'm looking to get a 3.85 this semester. Undergrad I had a 3.9 and generally took 15 credits per semester.

I'm pretty similar to Casey.

I usually try to take about 12-14 credits a semester. Usually 14. You need to average like 16 here to graduate in 4 years, but not a lot of people do that. I think only like 35% of people nationwide graduate in four years.

My GPA was at 2.5 after my first year of college, due in large part to the "D" I got in Calculus. I'm currently re-taking it, so if I can replace that D with a B I should see a fairly decent boost in my GPA...

I usually take 5 or 6 classes per semester, which is around 16 or so credit hours. So far I've gotten mostly As and a few Bs.

I was a fuckin' douche my first two years so my GPA and QPA aren't reflective of how I've done the past few semesters. Also, I took like 12-13 credits those years, too. I'm kinda paying for it now.

Anyway, my GPA now hovers around 3.7 or higher. My QPA is at like 3.41 or so.

I took about 15 a semester, brought along 30 credits from high school AP, finished with a major in Comp Sci, minors in History, Psychology and Math and a 3.5 GPA. W00t.
Now i just take 3 a semester for my Masters in CS.

I've taken 3 semesters so far, 13, 13, then 15. GPA is low 2.something, but I attribute that to working full time at the same time. My current semester (which is the 15), I stopped working, and I am pulling a 3.8. So yeah, I think work really screwed me over my first year.

[quote name='Quackzilla']
Don't be afraid, the internet in anonymous![/QUOTE]

oh well in that case I take 22 and my gpa is b/t 3.8 and 3.9 :p

I usually end up with 13 and I currently have a 3.65. It's gonna droooop after this semester though. my zoology class only has 3 extremely difficult tests and I've botched 2 of them so far. my stats class is also ridiculous. I get perfect grades on all the homework, then the tests kick my ass.

Currently pushing 14 units this semester + working. No free time FTL.

I'm probably going to ramp that up to 16-18 units next semester.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']yep.[/QUOTE]

You like it? You arent an engineering major are you?

[quote name='jPoD']You like it? You arent an engineering major are you?[/QUOTE]

Yea it is fine. If I didn't have to park so far away it would be better. There are problems just like there are at any school, but the price is right.

I am a history major right now, and after next semester I will also be majoring in political science (it was going to take me an extra semester to get my history degree so I just decided to do the double major).

12-15, usually like 13 though. I usually get all A's and a B or B+ each semester. Right now I have 94 credtis and a 3.8 overall GPA

I always take 12 and get the rest out of the way during the summer so I can graduate on-time. I'm currently sitting on a 3.59 GPA.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']You're full of shit.[/QUOTE]
fuck you.

MTH 174, Calculus with Analytical Geometry - 5 cr
MTH 279, Differential Equations - 4 cr
PHY 232, Physics - 4 cr
HIS 102, Western Civ - 3 cr
MUS 122, Music appreciation - 3 cr
SPD 110, Principles of public speaking - 3 cr

22 credit hours

And my cumulative GPA is 3.84

Double major in physics and math.

Does it bother you that someone else actually does well in college?

[quote name='Quackzilla']fuck you.

MTH 174, Calculus with Analytical Geometry - 5 cr
MTH 279, Differential Equations - 4 cr
PHY 232, Physics - 4 cr
HIS 102, Western Civ - 3 cr
MUS 122, Music appreciation - 3 cr
SPD 110, Principles of public speacking - 3 cr

22 credit hours

And my cumulative GPA is 3.84

Double major in physics and math.

Does it bother you that someone else actually does well in college?[/QUOTE]

Since you pointed out that "music appreciation" is one of your "classes", it makes more sense now.

When I was in school, I averaged about 20 credits a semester, ended it with a 3.95 with a 4.0 in my major

I am only taking music appreciation because I had to get 3 more credits in area six of VT's core cirriculum, otherwise I was going to take vector calculus instead.

It's actually a music history class, and it is the hardest fucking class I have ever taken.

I have always taken between 15 and 19 hours (5 or 6 "real" classes). It is a little light for my school, but I did transfer 21 hours from high school...(and it makes it easier to work at the same time)

I took 16-18 hours a semester. I was only 3 credits (one class) sort of graduating early, but because I didn't catch it and neither did my adviser I had to go to class during the Spring semester instead of being done in the Fall. And, since I was on scholarships, I had to be a full-time student in order to keep my funding. So, I had to take 4 classes instead of just the 1. I was kind of pissed.

Oh well, that last semester was a blast. I wound up taking a bunch of classes I never would have otherwise. I didn't need three of my four classes, so I would rarely attend them and half-ass everything when I did show up. I was never questioned either since my professors all knew I was a senior (in classes mostly made of students under me) and I still was passing their classes with ease despite my lack of attention and spotty attendance.

It did ultimately have a negative impact on my GPA though: 3.47 when I graduated.

I'm a slack off I guess. I only have 1 class this semester, which adds to 3 credit hours, and I only plan to take two or three classes next semester, which will only be like 9-12 credit hours. I felt like taking a little bit of a break from the monotony of highschool, I'll probably buff up if I ever take those friggin placement exams (as it stands, I'm only getting 4 credit hours transferred from highschool :( ). I guess if I dropped my work schedule to two or three days a week (currently four or five days), I'd be fine.

I always take 15 credits, unless something has a lab or something. My GPA is about a 2.8, after a horrible first semester 3 years ago. I'm looking at the 5 year plan right now.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']I take about 4 classes per semester, with units between 13 to 15. My GPA is 3.16.[/QUOTE]

You go to Cal, dont you? 3.16 is pretty damn good for Cal.

I've usually taken 14-16 hours per semester. I have a 3.7 GPA, considering all grades at my current school. My overall college GPA is closer to 3.8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back