So I finally picked up a 360...

tex1ntux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
The guy at Circuit City totally hooked me up, he price matched and did a 10% off for their Gamers Savings Club (I bought the card, saved me more than it cost). They aren't supposed to do that, but I guess he didn't care.

Here's my end total:

360 pro: $350
Rock Band: $134 (PM to $150 - 10%)
360 Wireless Headset: $24 (PM to $30 - 10%)
Wireless 360 controller: $35 ($40 - 10%)
4000 MS points: $45 ($50 - 10%)
1600 MS points: $9 ($20 - $10 (combo w/ +$40 game) - 10%)
Fable: TLC: $9 ($10 - 10%)
Halo 3: $36 (PM to $40 - 10%)
Cars/Open Season/Fuzion Frenzy 2 ESA bundle: $27 ($30 - 10%)

...that last one was primarily for my younger siblings: 5 (4 girls + 1 boy)

Not to shabby, wouldn't you say?

You actually get that card free with your purchase of the system. I got one with my DS.

You didn't get call of duty 4 :(

[quote name='tex1ntux']The guy at Circuit City totally hooked me up, he price matched and did a 10% off for their Gamers Savings Club (I bought the card, saved me more than it cost). They aren't supposed to do that, but I guess he didn't care.

Here's my end total:

360 pro: $350
Rock Band: $134 (PM to $150 - 10%)
360 Wireless Headset: $24 (PM to $30 - 10%)
Wireless 360 controller: $35 ($40 - 10%)
4000 MS points: $45 ($50 - 10%)
1600 MS points: $9 ($20 - $10 (combo w/ +$40 game) - 10%)
Fable: TLC: $9 ($10 - 10%)
Halo 3: $36 (PM to $40 - 10%)
Cars/Open Season/Fuzion Frenzy 2 ESA bundle: $27 ($30 - 10%)

...that last one was primarily for my younger siblings: 5 (4 girls + 1 boy)

Not to shabby, wouldn't you say?[/QUOTE]

Someone had their Tax Rebate Check burning a whole in their pocket!
I love my XBOX 360 - Good Luck with it!!

[quote name='dsullo']Someone had their Tax Rebate Check burning a whole in their pocket!
I love my XBOX 360 - Good Luck with it!![/quote]

Too bad child support ganks my check!

[quote name='dsullo']Someone had their Tax Rebate Check burning a whole in their pocket!
I love my XBOX 360 - Good Luck with it!![/quote]Tuition refund check, actually. :)

I suppose this money is supposed to go towards school related expenses, but since I want to go into game development and I have an active Creators Club account (free through Dreamspark) I suppose this counts. ;)

Also, I did not buy CoD 4 because I borrowed it from a friend.
I got all 1000 achievements on it in the short time I had borrowed it, but I didn't like the online nearly as much as the campaign.
Excellent game though, I'm glad Infinity Ward was able to rescue the series from the potential shark-jump that was CoD 3.

[quote name='tex1ntux']Tuition refund check, actually. :)

I suppose this money is supposed to go towards school related expenses, but since I want to go into game development and I have an active Creators Club account (free through Dreamspark) I suppose this counts. ;)

Also, I did not buy CoD 4 because I borrowed it from a friend.
I got all 1000 achievements on it in the short time I had borrowed it, but I didn't like the online nearly as much as the campaign.
Excellent game though, I'm glad Infinity Ward was able to rescue the series from the potential shark-jump that was CoD 3.[/QUOTE]

me and the girlfriend used ours on a 360 and a computer but it did anger some guys around here..

anyways.. after getting a 360 in january and i'm actually hard pressed to find games I actually like.. go figure.. i'm kind of waiting around for cooler XBLA games to come out..

surprised you didn't get the orange box.. best game by far on the 360.. halo 3.. = mucho disappointment..IMO

This is what I'm waiting for that 'economic stimulus' thing to come in for for me to plunk down $$$ on a current gen system. HDtv be damned, I'm still going to get a current gen system, even if the text on many games is optimized for larger tvs and hdtvs.

[quote name='urzishra14']surprised you didn't get the orange box.. best game by far on the 360.. halo 3.. = mucho disappointment..IMO[/quote]I got the Orange Box for PC for $25 at Best Buy on Black Friday.
I played the orange box on 360 at my friend's house, but the gamepad controls were an absolute disappointment after playing so many Valve games on a PC.

bread's done
Back