So I found my old SegaSaturn+Games...

reicaden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Found it rummaging through my storage... thought we had tossed it AGES ago.

I have a mint Magic Knight Rayearth... been told its rare, but seriously, keep or sell?

Also found some others, but I think all of this is useless, for the most part. Except MKRayearth.

Also found:
Alberts Odessey
Dragoon Panzer (part 2?)
IronMan and Warmachine EXO
Xmen:Children of the Atom
and a few others... so whatcha think, gems? or a crapshoot? :D

Some gems, some not.

Magic Knight Rayearth is worth money, same with Albert Odyssey. Panzer 2 is a great game but not terribly expensive. Ironman is crap, throw it away. X-men COTA is a crappy port of a fun game.

Very nice finds. Both Magic Knight Rayearth & Albert Odyessy fetch around $70 each if they're complete, plus they're both excellent games.

I loved AO. It was just a simple RPG. They don't make em' like that anymore.

Grats on your find. It is always a great feeling to dig up such treasures.

Magic Knight Rayearth is a pretty rare game. Hopefully you still have the case for it as well, as its worth a lot less just loose.

You can always run your games through the Sega Saturn Rarity Guide to get an idea of rarities and prices.

Rayearth is rare, its desirable as a Working Designs title, and it was the very last Saturn game released in the US. But its a pretty mediocre game, I'd sell that one. Albert Odyssey is another somewhat rare/valuable Working Designs title, and a very solid game. Panzer Dragoon Zwei and X-Men are both keepers as well, PD is a classic and X-Men is a pretty good 2d Capcom fighter, a precursor to Marvel vs Capcom (though its really just Street Fighter 2 with X-Men).

I'd be thrilled to find Albert Odyssey in my garage, real gem.

one wonders why you didn't just go to ebay and check out current prices on these games.

As for wondering if you should keep them or not thats really up to you, if your gonna play them well then keep 'em if not then just sell them.

I really dont understand this thread or any like it.

[quote name='XxSmityxX']I really dont understand this thread or any like it.[/quote]

Uh...possibly because he was undecided, and wasn't sure what to do. I mean, why discuss anything on the internet, for that matter?

I sold my unopened copy of Rayearth for $70 back in the fall. Its all over ebay, but you will get a bit for it. Panzer Dragoon isnt worth much, but the Panzer Saga game brought me almost $200 when i sold it. I have kept most of my Saturn games though, along with my Saturn, figure may as well...

The other day I went digging around in my friends's basement for the first time in years. I digged for three hours and found Chrono Cross for PS1 and Resident Evil 2 Leon disc for Dreamcast. HOOHAH!

[quote name='XxSmityxX']one wonders why you didn't just go to ebay and check out current prices on these games.

As for wondering if you should keep them or not thats really up to you, if your gonna play them well then keep 'em if not then just sell them.

I really dont understand this thread or any like it.[/quote]

I dont know, wondered on what others had done in similar situations, where they found a childhood game that they enjoyed, and feel like they should maybe keep/play for nostalgia.... but it also fetches 70$ on ebay, which is considerable. decisions decisions, so i wanted other opinions. Much like Ronin said in a following post.

Chronodev, thanks for that link, I didnt even know that existed! Bookmarked, cause that's a VERY handy website!

Dafoomie: I didnt know that MKRayearth was the last saturn game released... interesting trivia! :) I remember the game being pretty god awful though, so I may just sell that one. On the other hand, i agree 100% about Alberts odessey, I played through it atleast 4 times when i was a kid, i really loved that game and wish there were more like it these days.

DuelladyS, I think i'll follow that advice and pop in (atleast alberts odessey) for a few rounds, it'll take me back a few years to simpler days :p. thanks

Thanks for the inputs, was fun hearing the responses...

[quote name='reicaden']

Dafoomie: I didnt know that MKRayearth was the last saturn game released... interesting trivia! :) I remember the game being pretty god awful though, so I may just sell that one. [/quote]

Its just the game version of the anime, i was in the process of watching the anime like 3 some years ago, so its sitting on some data dvd waiting to finish (among other things). I personally liked the game, its a pretty simple RPG, its only a 6-10 hour game or so depending on how you beat it.

I do have Shining Wisdom i got from someone along with Rayearth and Burning Rangers, and after a few min of Shining Wisdom, i really didnt care for it. I should give it another go.

But yea, you will get some decent price off Rayerath, it sounds like its in pretty good condition...

Shining Wisdom was bad. I couldn't stand more than 10 minutes of that game.

Didn't realize Rayearth was that short of a game. It's been such a long time since I played it. Maybe I'll pop it back in the ol' Saturn and give it another whirl.

Didn't the values of Albert Odyssey and Magic Knight Rayearth take a nosedive after Victor Ireland sold twenty thousand copies on ebay that he claims he found "IN HIS CLOSET" That man has the biggest fucking closet on earth.

If they dropped they didn't drop much cause they're still getting some nice $$$

And was he wasn't he selling signed new copies? That would set the price apart from the used copies. And I don't think he was flooding ebay with them.

bread's done
Back