So.. I get to work on thanksgiving day..

DV8

CAGiversary!
Whoooo! Lucky me, and guess what I work at a bank. A freaking bank. We're only gonna be open from 1-5pm WTF, that's when everyone is eating dinner, plus the Base Exchange (BX) is gonna get hardly anyone, seriously who shops the day before the BIGGEST sale of the year. ... Oh and I have to work with my manager the whole day. [/rant]

Commissary I use to work at is only closed for 3 days the entire year - Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I think that speaks volumes when AAFES/DeCA cant even be close on 4th of July, Veterans Day, etc. like the rest of the base.

Well it's a military base, and they have a walmartish store on there and I work at the bank in the store. And some brilliant ass thought it would be really smart to have the bank open on thanksgiving, and we just got the email the other day. I know I'm working because I count the cashiers money and currently there's only 3 of us, and 2 of the people won't be there in november. At least I get christmas off... someone save me some potatoes T_T

Like I said, that is very strange for a bank to be open on Thanksgiving, especially if it is in a military base. You would figure the walmart would be closed as well since it's a federal holiday. I would raise a stink if it was me. Thanksgiving and Christmas are two days that EVERYONE should get off.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Like I said, that is very strange for a bank to be open on Thanksgiving, especially if it is in a military base. You would figure the walmart would be closed as well since it's a federal holiday. I would raise a stink if it was me. Thanksgiving and Christmas are two days that EVERYONE should get off.[/QUOTE]

Well it's apparently a nationwide thing. But it's still seriously messed up, I'd rather be at home with my family eating turkey than working for a measly time and a half.

[quote name='DV8']Well it's apparently a nationwide thing. But it's still seriously messed up, I'd rather be at home with my family eating turkey than working for a measly time and a half.[/QUOTE]

That's messed up- even my work closes on Thanksgiving day!

See if you can have your family come down with some picnic Thanksgiving for you. The 2 people who come in will get a kick out of that! :D

It's not that big of deal. The only thing that sucks about it IMO is that it's from 1-5 pm. I agree that everyone is eating at that point. However it would be a lot better if the bank was open from like 9 am to 1 pm.

[quote name='DV8'] We're only gonna be open from 1-5pm WTF, that's when everyone is eating dinner [/rant][/QUOTE]

My family eats at 8ish or 9ish.

[quote name='legendarypegasus']At least you'll get paid time and a half, and you won't have to do anything since nobody will be coming in.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Plus, you can maybe avoid the family altogether, and still get the delicious food. Unless you like your relatives and stuff.

[quote name='Msia']Commissary I use to work at is only closed for 3 days the entire year - Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I think that speaks volumes when AAFES/DeCA cant even be close on 4th of July, Veterans Day, etc. like the rest of the base.[/QUOTE]

You forgot that it's closed every Monday, too. I still think that's one of the dumbest policies commissaries have.

Work the day after Thanksgiving at a retail giant... only then will you realize the strange desire of leaving the salesfloor to hide in the handicap stall of the restroom so you can cut off your own male genitalia with your car keys.

[quote name='Brak']Work the day after Thanksgiving at a retail giant... only then will you realize the strange desire of leaving the salesfloor to hide in the handicap stall of the restroom so you can cut off your own male genitalia with your car keys.[/QUOTE]

Been there, last year I was at TRU for the 5am - 5pm shift and then 6-midnight at the bank. Hope to get the morning off this year so I can shop too.

bread's done
Back