So I got 2 sealed PSX RPGs from a friend today...

megabadd

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Which were Breath of Fire III(PSX) and Tales of Destiny II (PSX). I'm tempted to crack them open and play them, but I kinda want to know their value first (I haven't seen them sealed in ages).

Oh, as to how I got them, my friend works at the ESA and hooked me up. Apparently, the ESA gets a lot of games and they were finally cleaning out the closest last Xmas, one might say.

[quote name='megabadd']Which were Breath of Fire III(PSX) and Tales of Destiny II (PSX). I'm tempted to crack them open and play them, but I kinda want to know their value first (I haven't seen them sealed in ages).

Oh, as to how I got them, my friend works at the ESA and hooked me up. Apparently, the ESA gets a lot of games and they were finally cleaning out the closest last Xmas, one might say.[/quote]

What is an ESA?

Entertainment Software Association (ESA)

The ESA is a trade organization that represents many companies in the gaming industry including EA, id, Konami, SEGA, Capcom, and many others. They are mainly known for running E3, but also lobby in congress and have an anti-piracy program.

That's a good idea 62t, but I'd feel kinda bad selling stuff I got a gifts (and so soon after having received). I was just wondering if anyone had any ballpark figures, 'cause I may just end up sitting on them for a coupla years.

Or just start playing them.

around $50 for a used for ToD, so more for a sealed copy. The price probably wont change much in a few years.

I should check how much my games are worth... I thought ToD was only worth like $20!:p

Good find on the two sealed RPGs OP. With the profits from selling them, maybe you should do something nice for your friend (like dinner).

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Play the games. In a few years they may be worth $100. That can easily be earned in a day or two of work.[/quote]

Indeed, though we live in a society of quick fixes :).

Considering they were gifts, I probably won't get rid of them. Now to add them to my ever growing backlog...

[quote name='megabadd']
Considering they were gifts, I probably won't get rid of them. Now to add them to my ever growing backlog...[/quote]

I can relate to that. I keep getting RPGS but I need time to play them.

[quote name='PhreQuencYViii']BOF 3 is just ok....not a must play but some people really like it. IMO of course. I got mine for 5$ last year.[/quote]

*gasp* I love BoF 3. I played it and beat it back in the day, and kinda wanted another go with it.

Yeah, I think the reason I'm having trouble getting into it is because im playing it in modern times. If I woulda played it when I use to play RPG's constantly I probably would like it more. Man those were some fun times....5th grade and Lunar, FF8, Azure Dreams, etc...

I'm a believer in keeping old games sealed, because they're exponentially more rare (not necessarily more valuable) than their opened cousins. Either sell them or keep them, but pick up some used versions.

It's not like they're making more sealed copies of psx games, you might as well preserve the small percentage of games that have never been opened.

[quote name='zionoverfire']Both games were ported to the PSP, which should help to keep their long term value down.[/QUOTE]
but not in the US. In the case of Valkyrie Profile, the value of the PSone version actually went up after the release of the PSone version

I know for a fact that the PSP version of Tales of Destiny 2 (aka: Tales of Eternia) is better, so maybe sell that and BOF 3 since they're worth a lot and pick up the better version instead... either way, just sell those.

[quote name='Chacrana']I know for a fact that the PSP version of Tales of Destiny 2 (aka: Tales of Eternia) is better, so maybe sell that and BOF 3 since they're worth a lot and pick up the better version instead... either way, just sell those.[/QUOTE]
The PSP version is just a port really. It is missing the short cut buttons L2 and R2. Plus it is not true wide screen.

I'd sell them, and consider whatever I bought with the cash a present.. but that's just me.

Seems like you should get around $150-200 for them total, if you're lucky.

bread's done
Back