So I got a copy of Dragon Age: Originin in the mail today.

luan87us

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Something really weir happened today. I received a package in my mail box today. As I recall I have not made any online purchase or trade recently, I was afraid my credit/bank information might have been hijack. However I checked all my accounts and none of them got any weir charge on them. I opened the package and found that there is a Copy of Mint Dragon Age: Origin for Xbox 360 inside. :roll: I checked my CAG inbox and I am sure I did not agree to any trade that relate to Dragon age in any form. And I don't even have a 360 anymore lol. Any way I am looking for an explanation from a Joe P. in Downey, CA.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='luan87us']Something really weir happened today.[/QUOTE]As weird as that might be... (and its pretty damn weird.) You might want to just edit your address down to either your zip code (alone) or your city, state...

Anyone who needs to no about the game is going to be able to figure it out without giving your whole address away to every random strange who visits this forum.

I'd remove the address. Just put something like:

Joe P
Downey, CA

Do you use Goozex? It's hard to believe that someone's just mailed you a game for now reason.

No that address is the person that sent me the game lol. That isn't my name and address there. That's the sender name and address.

[quote name='luan87us']No that address is the person that sent me the game lol. That isn't my name and address there. That's the sender name and address.[/QUOTE]

We can understand what you're saying. LISTEN to us and remove the guy's address.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']We can understand what you're saying. LISTEN to us and remove the guy's address.[/QUOTE]

Well I wish when I opened my mailbox I would find random games.

But for serious, you should kill that address. If its a CAG member then hopefully they will see the topic, no need to put personal info in thread

Other than the sender info there Confirmation number too lol. Perhaps I might have win some contest or something without remember.

There's only one explanation I can think of...
282px-MerryWishmasTitle.jpg

[quote name='luan87us']Other than the sender info there Confirmation number too lol. Perhaps I might have win some contest or something without remember.[/QUOTE]
I hate when I without remember.

Yeah; if you decide to not contact the guy and/or don't find out why you got it, I'll buy it off you. $25 shipped?

[quote name='luan87us']Other than the sender info there Confirmation number too lol. Perhaps I might have win some contest or something without remember.[/QUOTE]

Damn sure wasn't an essay contest.

yeah yeah. English isn't my first language as you might have noticed. Why does people criticize someone over grammar mistake on the internet like it's serious business? oh wait the Intraweb is SERiOUZZZ BIZNEZZ

it's kinda eerie that you received that without knowing why. you've been hacked, people are accessing your accounts and know what you want and are giving it to you for free! next might possibly be a car from a sender Emma Gullible.

grats on the score, pics or it didn't happen.

[quote name='luan87us']Why does people criticize someone over grammar mistake on the internet like it's serious business? oh wait the Intraweb is SERiOUZZZ BIZNEZZ[/QUOTE]
I'm with you on that one. I prefer being non-formal when I post in forums or on Facebook and such. I lyke to szpell enee witch weigh Eye pleez, though I can spell just fine, and i dont always worry about correct grammar and punctuation. There's more to my epic story, but I'm sure you've moved on by now :p

[quote name='Yamato']Have you tried looking up the name on Facebook, MySpace, Google, etc?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did but the address did not match up. I guess I must have won some kind of contest around. I actually zillowed the address and it's a $400,000 property lol. The receiver is clearly my name and my address. I just don't want to feel like I ripped off someone so the only place it could have possibly come from is this forum. So I figured I ask here to see.

For the guy that want pic there really isn't any point. Even if I take a pic now you could just say I put the game in an empty envelope or something similar. I have no reason to lie.

[quote name='sgaldis']Hey, that's my game! I sent it to you by mistake...

Sincerely,
Joe P.[/QUOTE]

P.???? ID please.

[quote name='luan87us']yeah yeah. English isn't my first language as you might have noticed. Why does people criticize someone over grammar mistake on the internet like it's serious business? oh wait the Intraweb is SERiOUZZZ BIZNEZZ[/QUOTE]

Oh, relax, they were just jokes. If English really isn't your first language then you get a pass. Regardless, that particular post was pretty jacked up. :)

Think back over the last 90 days to anything and everything that offered you a chance to submit for name and address... a website offering a drawing, a survey from a receipt, a mail-in card from another game you bought, ANYTHING. Contests can and do take several weeks to ship, it could've been awhile ago. Contests also rarely put any extra info in your package, so it's not at all surprising that there's no packing slip.

If you want to be 100% sure, write a letter to the address you got it from, wanting to make sure you were supposed to get it. Regardless of if you do that or not, I'd keep the game for at least 2 weeks (preferably a month) to see if you get any angry letters about the game. If you hear nothing, call it good fortune and do what you will with it.

[quote name='luan87us']yeah yeah. English isn't my first language as you might have noticed. Why does people criticize someone over grammar mistake on the internet like it's serious business? oh wait the Intraweb is SERiOUZZZ BIZNEZZ[/QUOTE]

Would YOU ever hire someone who's too stupid to comprehend their native language?

Did you donate to the Child's Play raffle over the Holidays by any chance? There were alot of people donating prizes so maybe you were one of the winners or something.

If you trade it in to Amazon... they'll give you $22.50! You'll be able to get some of that anti-fungus stuff for your nails you've been wanting.... no wait, that's me.

[quote name='Survivalism']Would YOU ever hire someone who's too stupid to comprehend their native language?[/QUOTE]

Would you hire someone who takes the internet so serious it's getting their head to their ass? Like iono you?

Back to topic, even though the game is not in plastic wrap but it is in condition of a new game. The disc has absolutely no scratch, the voucher for the DLC is still there too (though I have not checked if it's still valid lol). I'll probably write a letter to him and ask.

bread's done
Back