So I have a quick question about black labels..

FrozenFlamez

CAG Veteran
So I've been planning on buying Assassin's Creed for my PS3. Now it doesn't really bother me too much that Greatest Hits games have the red box, but I feel like if I'm able to, I should just get the black label games (or the ones with clear boxes, whatever they are called). So here's the thing, I was at Fry's earlier and saw the game in a clear box (like any other PS3 game), but it did say greatest hits at the top. Does this game come in a red box normally?

Was the section that said greatest hits a sticker? I remember PS2 games that had greatest hits stickers added to them because they were produced before the greatest hits was announced. The manufacturer or retailer adds the stickers to them later.
A quick google search shows that the GH version was in a red case.

assassins-creed-bundle-300x214.jpg

No, it was exactly like it is in that picture, but in a clear box (like Assassin's Creed II). Seeing those two next to each other makes the black label one look so much better haha

Sometimes, when there are black label copies of the game left on shelves an it becomes a GH title, publishers just send out Greatest Hits stickers for developers to stick on the front. That might be what you saw.

Yeah, I picked up KillZone Liberation at Walamrt for $10. It had a GH red sticker over the skrink-wrap. Black ed through and through.

Yeah, it's weird but some games do have copies that have clear cases with greatest hits boxart (not a sticker). I noticed this when I was at Target, saw a copy of Batman: AA GoTY for PS3 with a clear case and greatest hits boxart.

bread's done
Back