So I headbutted my Xbox controller across the room and....

FrankySox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Okay so I headbutted my Xbox controller across the room last night and needless to say it's destroyed! After shooting 29% in College Hoops I just couldn't take it anymore. But anyway my real concern is getting another controller. I picked up MVP last night and MUST play it. So what controller should I get, I'm thinking wireless, are there any third party ones that are cheap? Should I get a used one? Please help me out, oh yeah...and I'm a poor, poor college student, so please recommend something good for me.

PS Any ideas on how I can completely destroy this controller since it doesn't work at all?

What is it with you people and destroying your controller? Can't you hit a pillow or something?

PS: I'm joshing. I'm waiting for the day for someone to break their controller while playing on Live.

I'd say stick with the Controller S.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']What is it with you people and destroying your controller? Can't you hit a pillow or something?

PS: I'm joshing. I'm waiting for the day for someone to break their controller while playing on Live.

I'd say stick with the Controller S.[/quote]
This is the first controller I've broken and am quite surprised it busted, but looking back I wish I could head butt myself because I feel like an idiot.

Controller S is my choice as well! Can't really help with the price though! You might could find a previously owned one at your local EB for $20 or less.

My roommates and I used to play Halo with some guys across the hall from us, and whenever we would capture their flag we would hear a very loud banging noise. Eventually we learned that it was one of the people hitting his controller against the radiator repeatedly. I don't know how that controller took the abuse, but it did.

[quote name='regisphilbi0']For Wireless, get the Logitech Wireless XBOX controller. Its only $40 at Walmart. Defintely worth i, I LOVE mine.[/quote]

Second'd...the only way to go wireless IMO.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']What is it with you people and destroying your controller? Can't you hit a pillow or something?[/quote]
I think it has more to do with easy access since that's the closest thing you are holding at the moment. So naturally any aggression will stem directly to the controller either unintentionally or intentionally since hitting a pillow requires you to first put down the controller and then get in touch with your anger again to hit the pillow, whereas if you just throw your controller the anger is displaced immediately ;)

See, if I knew that I didn't have any money to spare, I would make sure to take EXTRA good care of the shit I already had. Instead of buying a new controller, maybe you should pay for some anger management therapy.

I ripped the cord out of my nintendo 64 controller right after Zelda: OOT came out, and I was trying to beat it. I was right near the end too.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='regisphilbi0']For Wireless, get the Logitech Wireless XBOX controller. Its only $40 at Walmart. Defintely worth i, I LOVE mine.[/quote]

Second'd...the only way to go wireless IMO.[/quote]

Thirded. You can usually watch the ads and such and find a cheaper price every once in a while...a great controller though.

try and find a Japanese S controller. Those are the best ones I have used of the official controllers, and I have played with all of them

[quote name='Rich']This thread would have been perfect had the OP only contained "and now my head hurts"[/quote]

If he had any sensation in his head he wouldn't have done it in the first place.

The corded Logitech Precision isn't bad either. Its not as good as the controller S, but better than all the other 3rd party brands and can be found for around $15 at most stores.

:lol: I can relate. I get very angry in games...a lot. I've thrown my controller on the ground, at the TV, at the cabinets, and other places. Hell, I've even thrown 4 or 5 games at my brother...but that's a whole different story. :D

gamerush has these hip gear wireless controllers for 16.99, they're basically the same as the regular hip gear wireless, except they are packeged differently, and say 16.99 on the side of them. if theres no gamerush in your area, check a blockbuster. just in case

I would just get a regular controller. These things seems pretty durable until you try to purposely break them.

I used to break my N64 controllers when I was around 17, but then you start realizing if a game is pissing you off that badly, you should either find an easier game or stop playing video games.

bread's done
Back