So I just ordered a Panasonic Q...

Camre

CAGiversary!
And I was about to start looking for some imports, such as Naruto and Doshin the Giant. What I would like to know is do I need a separate memory card so it wont format it to another region, or will my current card be safe. I've heard several people here have a Q, and I can't wait to get mine.

I believe you have to have cards dedicated to one region, ie if your current card has NTSC info saved on it, it can't be used for PAL, you'll need a new one.

I think that's correct, or I may be confusing that info with another system.

It doesnt matter what system you have. For most games save you need a separate memory card for japaense and us games. However pal and us games works fine. As for Doshin get the pal version since that;s in english.

i've been able to save mariokart with other US games and naruto on the same card but should seperate PAL and NTSC because i herd they just write over each other

You probably need another memory card, most of the time you do.

Also your lucky for getting a Panasonic Q. I had the chance once, but I was short on money, and when I went to finally pick it up it was gone....

I think the memory card is thing is by system. That is, you need a separate memory card for Japan and US systems. I've heard people save US and Japanese save games on the same card with a freeloader. When I got my Q, it wouldn't read the card that had my Naruto 3 file because the card wasn't formatted for Japanese systems. I had been playing Naruto 3 w/ a Freeloader on my US cube, but even though the file was JPN formatted, the card wasn't. I was also using separate cards for US and JPN save files when using the Freeloader, so even though all the files on the card was JPN formatted, the card itself wasn't.

So I think you need separate cards for when you switch between regions on your Q.

Ok, so from what I gather, I need a different card for the JP games. However PAL games like Doshin should work fine on my current memory card with NTSC games, right?

And while I'm thinking about it, what other JP games would be good to have? I had my eye on Naruto due to hearing about how good of a fighter it is, plus I wouldn't have to worry about reading too much. Can't really play a JP RPG when only one person I know is taking Japanese classes, heh.

? Even with a modified Q you need a Freeloader to play PAL games... at least that's what I thought? I know it can play PAL DVDs, but most sites say only US & Japanese games.

Hmm, the auction said it was region free for games and dvds, but perhaps I will check into it more thuroughly before buying Doshin. So far I'm mainly interested in Naruto 3 and Dream Mix TV Fighters.

As far as the cost...it was roughly 500 bucks. Not bad for a new one, although it doesn't really constitute as standard CAG pracitce, heh. But what can I say, I have a nice job and I really really wanted one.

And I got it on Ebay.

[quote name='Camre']Hmm, the auction said it was region free for games and dvds, but perhaps I will check into it more thuroughly before buying Doshin. So far I'm mainly interested in Naruto 3 and Dream Mix TV Fighters.

As far as the cost...it was roughly 500 bucks. Not bad for a new one, although it doesn't really constitute as standard CAG pracitce, heh. But what can I say, I have a nice job and I really really wanted one.

And I got it on Ebay.[/quote]

Congrats.

If you get time some pics of it in the entertainment center would be cool.

Yeah, I'll definately take some pics when it gets here. Has anyone played the JP Gundam games? I would like to find a good game, as I like the Wing and G series.

[quote name='jetblac']Please tell me you guys didn't pay anything near full price... Or half price for that matter![/quote]

Where can they be had for less?

If I can get one fore half price I might just do it.

bread's done
Back