So I wanna get a new 2000, should I wait?

Koiji

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I bought a 2000 from a kid on craigslist a few years ago for a ridiculously good price ($60). The screen had some scratchs (but they were totally unnoticeable when the system is turned on), otherwise it was mint.

Well a few weeks ago, my screen started to get "spots" on it (like damage to the LCD itself). It's generally only noticeable when the screen is white (or any solid color), but itls kind of annoying.

So I figure with the new price drop coming, that'll bring down the price of all varieties and this may be a good opportunity to get a replacement. I'm set on the 2000 because of homebrew (not for the piracy, before anyone jumps there, I'm quite a collector and I generally only use the system for PSone games that I already own).

I found a few new or practically new systems on ebay for some good prices ($130 & under) but I'm wondering if I should wait til the new price really kicks in and see if it trickles down in the next couple months before making a purchase. What do you think?

I plan to get a 1000 when they're dirt cheap even tho I have a new 3000. The 3000 isn't comfortable for me, but the 8 or so hours I played on a 1000 was quite comfortable.

PRE_2011-02-27-071912.jpg

This is the handle I have for my 2000. I know it looks kinda funky, but the bottom holds just like a PS2/3 controller, which is really comfortable for long play times. I got it on ebay with a few other items for dirt cheap (like, $2-3).

edit: resized picture down to a reasonable resolution

Last edited by a moderator:
Better off just getting a new 3000. Unless the 3000 can't run what the 2000 can, there really isn't any need to stay with a 2000.

The 3000 isn't hackable in the way the 2000 is and can't run homebrew stuff. I'm just wondering if the price on them will drop soon since the 3000 is coming down in price. If not, like one guy said, them I may as well pick one up now. Hmm...

[quote name='Koiji']The 3000 isn't hackable in the way the 2000 is and can't run homebrew stuff. I'm just wondering if the price on them will drop soon since the 3000 is coming down in price. If not, like one guy said, them I may as well pick one up now. Hmm...[/QUOTE]

Your statement is incorrect. All PSP's can run homebrew up to and including the PSP 3000 and PSP Go.

[quote name='king9x']Your statement is incorrect. All PSP's can run homebrew up to and including the PSP 3000 and PSP Go.[/QUOTE]
QFT.

The whole evolving PS3 hacking scenario caused it to come about.

The PSP 3000 can run homebrew now.

Off topic: I didn't want to create a new thread just for this, can anyone tell me the PSP 3000 Core Pack box dimensions? Can't seem to find them online. Thanks

Really? The 3000 can run homebrew now? That's awesome! Thanks for the info. I've heard the screen is gorgeous. I had done a bit of quick 'catching up' on the PSP homebrew scene (before I originally posted this thread) and I saw that the 3000 was still unhacked, but it was probably just an outdated page. I'll have to find the details and if so, this solves the whole issue. =) Thanks!

I was wondering if there was some sort of handle for the PSP that could make it like a dualshock. Your picture isn't working, could you maybe link me to where I can buy one?

bread's done
Back