So, I'm getting McDonalds for lunch today...

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I think the double down was all right but not worth the price. Give me a five dollar foot long sub from Subway any day over that thing.[/QUOTE]
I thought the double down tasted amazing, but I agree. I won't pretend to eat healthy all the time, but I rarely eat straight up fast food so my stomach felt like shit after eating that. Subway, on the other hand, I could eat every day.

how can people eat that DISGUSTING Food on a regular basis. Its absolutely horrible tasting and is pure fucking crap. I HATE these places. This is ONE of the reasons there are so many FAT and UNHEALTHY people in this country. And then those SAME people want surgery to make them skinny. That shit should be outlawed. If you're a lazy ass and eat crap and are going to die early thats your prob. Time, money, and effort shouldnt be wasted on Gastric Bypass Surgeries and things of that nature. Its Called EXERCISE. Which opening the fridge, lifting a 10 pound burger, getting up and down off the couch, and lifting the toilet seat DO NOT count as exercise.

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING

I don't think more than one or two people have said they eat fast food, burgers etc. on a regular basis.

I generally eat quite healthy, hit the gym 3 or 4 times a week etc. But everyone likes a good burger etc. every once in a while! I seldom get fast food though, I'll get my crappy food at a place with real burgers etc.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I think the double down was all right but not worth the price. Give me a five dollar foot long sub from Subway any day over that thing.

Speaking of tasty food places anyone had Penn Station, W.G. Grinders, or Qdoba Mexican Grill?[/QUOTE]

Qdoba is about the best of the Chipotle rip offs, I've only been there once.

Zantigo has great burritos like that too.

[quote name='opterasis']I had McDonalds 3 days ago for the first time in probably 3 months. I'm still shitting green.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say that it's not MCD causing your green poo.

[quote name='Robb']I had Culver's for the first time about a year ago. Since then, it's damn near the only fast food burger I'll eat! And their frozen custard and root beer are amazing![/QUOTE]

Their root beer is great, haven't ever had anything like it anywhere else.

And their custard? You can taste how bad it is for you, but you still eat it anyways.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']how can people eat that DISGUSTING Food on a regular basis. Its absolutely horrible tasting and is pure fucking crap. I HATE these places. This is ONE of the reasons there are so many FAT and UNHEALTHY people in this country. And then those SAME people want surgery to make them skinny. That shit should be outlawed. If you're a lazy ass and eat crap and are going to die early thats your prob. Time, money, and effort shouldnt be wasted on Gastric Bypass Surgeries and things of that nature. Its Called EXERCISE. Which opening the fridge, lifting a 10 pound burger, getting up and down off the couch, and lifting the toilet seat DO NOT count as exercise.

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING[/QUOTE]

Where has anyone in this thread said anything about eating fast food everyday and being lazy? Heck, I recognize a lot of the names in this thread as being posters in the CAG health and fitness thread. fuck off and let the men talk about their favorite burgers.

PS, I think I'm going to go over to Red Robin tonight (provided the wife agrees with my choice lol). Anything you guys think I should try? Last time I went, I had a monster burger (I think that's what it was called?).

[quote name='shieryda']Had Chipolte (burrito) last night.[/QUOTE]

Their taco's are pretty good, but they skimp you on the meat by putting a very small amount (pinch amount). I caught one lady stuffing my taco nicely only to realize she put too much then to extract it to only 25% filled for the taco. I asked her what is she doing and she ignored me and moved it along the line. Talked to the cashier and had her fill that taco up to normal.

[quote name='perdition(troy']PS, I think I'm going to go over to Red Robin tonight (provided the wife agrees with my choice lol). Anything you guys think I should try? Last time I went, I had a monster burger (I think that's what it was called?).[/QUOTE]

I usually stick to a bacon cheeseburger or chicken parmigiana with a vanilla shake on the side.. good stuff there.

[quote name='HydroX']I usually stick to a bacon cheeseburger or chicken parmigiana with a vanilla shake on the side.. good stuff there.[/QUOTE]

The Hawaiian burger is pretty good with baked pineapple on top. :)

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']how can people eat that DISGUSTING Food on a regular basis. Its absolutely horrible tasting and is pure fucking crap. I HATE these places. This is ONE of the reasons there are so many FAT and UNHEALTHY people in this country. And then those SAME people want surgery to make them skinny. That shit should be outlawed. If you're a lazy ass and eat crap and are going to die early thats your prob. Time, money, and effort shouldnt be wasted on Gastric Bypass Surgeries and things of that nature. Its Called EXERCISE. Which opening the fridge, lifting a 10 pound burger, getting up and down off the couch, and lifting the toilet seat DO NOT count as exercise.

I was about to say that this thread was going smoothly for way too long. Luckily, Steve came along to provide the necessary amount of shit talk every fast food thread needs!

I like to dip my fries in mayo.

^^^I did that once. I was at Ruby tuesdays and ordered a burger. It came with the side of fries like normal, but it also came with a little cup of sauce. I thought it was like bleu cheese or ranch or something. So I dipped my fries into it and was trying to figure it out. Halfway through, I was like "wait... this is mayo!"

[quote name='2DMention']Dickey's BBQ just opened near me. Has anybody been there? Doesn't sound good - it sounds like fast food BBQ.[/QUOTE]

I have ate there twice it's good for chain bbq probably because it originated in Texas. Plus they have fried Okra as a side!!

I like it more that City BBQ since I'm not a huge fan of North Carolina style BBQ.

I had to go get the root beer at Culver's after reading this thread. The BBQ Brisket sandwich and the chipotle cheese curds are pretty dang good too.

Tried Dickeys and wasn't impressed. All the food and the sides tasted waxy, it's overpriced for what you get, the mac and cheese had no taste, and the free ice cream was the cheapest ice milk I've ever had, even compared to chinese places.

I doubt it'll last 6 months here. I'll try it once again for the ribs, but I doubt I'll go back a 3rd time.

[quote name='2DMention']Tried Dickeys and wasn't impressed. All the food and the sides tasted waxy, it's overpriced for what you get, the mac and cheese had no taste, and the free ice cream was the cheapest ice milk I've ever had, even compared to chinese places.

I doubt it'll last 6 months here. I'll try it once again for the ribs, but I doubt I'll go back a 3rd time.[/QUOTE]Save your cash. My father invited me to eat there once and I'd never go back, even for the ribs. :puke:

Famous Daves is probably my favorite of the Chain BBQ places I've tried--nothing great, but it's decent and you get a shit ton of food for the money.

I don't bother now, living in the south there's no shortage of local BBQ joints and regional chains etc. Growing up in WV and then being in DC for 7 years it was slim picken's so Famous Dave's was about it many places.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Famous Daves is probably my favorite of the Chain BBQ places I've tried--nothing great, but it's decent and you get a shit ton of food for the money.

I don't bother now, living in the south there's no shortage of local BBQ joints and regional chains etc. Growing up in WV and then being in DC for 7 years it was slim picken's so Famous Dave's was about it many places.[/QUOTE]

I'd second FD's. They have a $20 for 2 deal and it's a perfect amount for 2 people.

[quote name='Xevious']I rarely go for fast food but I went to Carl's Jr. last month. Man, that was good.

Can't do that all the time though.[/QUOTE]

You mean to say you went to Hardee's :D

[quote name='SIUfan']You mean to say you went to Hardee's :D[/QUOTE]
Hey SIUfan...you can eat a dick. A bag of dicks.

I went back home for a few days and I'm dying of boredom here in Carbondale. I forgot that when the students leave....the fun dies too.

So yea, I saw your screen name and got full of RAGE!!!!!

Horrible screen name. Horrible.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Got a 6" Subway breakfast hoagie this morning. Good shit.[/QUOTE]

Had the steak and eggs one about a month ago. It was nice that one of the subways near us serves their breakfast menu all day. It was good, if a little small.
Quiznos is far superior imo.

srcc.jpg

[quote name='eldergamer']
Quiznos is far superior imo.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Haven't tried breakfast at either, but vastly prefer Quiznos for sandwiches and salads. A bit pricier, but all the ingredients are just a lot better there IMO. The Black Angus sub is awesome.

[quote name='eldergamer']
Quiznos is far superior imo.[/QUOTE]

I agree that Quiznos is way better than Subway. But, you know what? I might have to say that Firehouse is the BEST!

[quote name='tcrash247']I just had a mexican pizza for the first time from Taco Bell. Wow, that was fucking delicious![/QUOTE]

I hope your not doing anything today because you will be making many tributes to the porcelain god. :)

That sounds fucking nasty, but returning to civilization after awhile does do weird things to the mind.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I hope your not doing anything today because you will be making many tributes to the porcelain god. :)[/QUOTE]

Normally every time I eat fast food I take a mega shit right after, but I have not yet today. We'll see though, it'll probably hit me like a truck tonight.

[quote name='tcrash247']Normally every time I eat fast food I take a mega shit right after, but I have not yet today. We'll see though, it'll probably hit me like a truck tonight.[/QUOTE]

Just hope that it hits you before you head to bed. Waking up in the middle of the night with your stomach about to explode with nausea and omgihavetotakeashitwtfkillme is muy terible.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Just hope that it hits you before you head to bed. Waking up in the middle of the night with your stomach about to explode with nausea and omgihavetotakeashitwtfkillme is muy terible.[/QUOTE]

I second that one! :puke:

Burger King > McDonald's, way better hamburgers and buns, though both have good chicken selections
Subway > Quiznos, more customization, the Subway breakfast on a flatbread is amazing
TaCO bELL IS JUST THE WORST BECAUSE of the nasty sauce and cheese crap they put on everything, except the enchorito

Hey I had the Double cheeseburger meal today. It was great but also a friendly reminder why I don't eat fast food that much.

[quote name='The Stuff']I agree that Quiznos is way better than Subway. But, you know what? I might have to say that Firehouse is the BEST![/QUOTE]

Burger King > McDonald's, way better hamburgers and buns, though both have good chicken selections
Subway > Quiznos, more customization, the Subway breakfast on a flatbread is amazing
TaCO bELL IS JUST THE WORST BECAUSE of the nasty sauce and cheese crap they put on everything, except the enchorito

I agree Quiznos is better than subway by a county mile, but overpriced if you get anything other than the pick 2 for $5. Their salads are great.

Burger King is much better than McDs, but McDs has them whipped on fries.

I'd much rather have qudoba or Chipotle than T. Bell.

[quote name='2DMention']I agree Quiznos is better than subway by a county mile, but overpriced if you get anything other than the pick 2 for $5. Their salads are great.
[/QUOTE]

Not really over priced when you consider that they put more meat in their sandwiches or in their salads, and its a lot better quality meat. Not so much difference in say turkey, but the steak and chicken at Quiznos is about a 100 times better than the crappy steak and chicken at Subway.

So if I just want a simple turkey sub (or other cold sub--toasted just isn't good at Subway) I go for Subway for the $5 footlongs if they have that promo going. Anything else I go to Quiznos and pay a couple bucks more.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='packerfan10']I admit I go out to eat way to much and it shows. :([/QUOTE]

I have gone out for every meal at work 3 days a week and I've gained 40 lbs in the last year.

Went to Qudoba and it's not as good as chipotle. Chipotle has better guac and the chicken is actually seasoned right. Qudoba's Queso is awesome. Why Chipotle doesn't have it is beyond me. All of their rip-offs have it.

Yeah, the lack of variety is what kills Chipotle for me. They definitely have the best meats of the burrito joints for sure.

But not much variety in types of burritos, toppings etc. I, unilke you, don't like their guac much, and think it's absurd that it costs extra (and like $1.50 or something IIRC) when it's a free topping at the other places.

As for eating out lunch, I seldom ever do it other than going out with colleagues after morning meetings once a month or so. I just eat my standard boring packed lunch I have been for years--sandwich (meat, lettuce, cheese, brown mustard, whole wheat bread), apple, bananna, diet soda). Saves money and keeps from gaining weight. Boring, but effective!

[quote name='dmaul1114']As for eating out lunch, I seldom ever do it other than going out with colleagues after morning meetings once a month or so. I just eat my standard boring packed lunch I have been for years--sandwich (meat, lettuce, cheese, brown mustard, whole wheat bread), apple, bananna, diet soda). Saves money and keeps from gaining weight. Boring, but effective![/QUOTE]

Peanut butter sandwich on 12 grain brownberry bread
apple, orange, banana, or peach (2 of the 4)
kashi granola bar

boring, but it fills me up.

Tried the flatbread breakfast sandwich at Subway. Not bad, the price is right, but I don't think I'd go there again.

Went to Dickie's again and tried the chicken and I don't think I'd go there again. The Onion things were over seasoned.

I was going out for fast food 2-4 times a week because nobody bought food at my house. We finally stocked up, so I've been going out less but still... I lost 3 pounds. Which is the opposite of what should happen because now I have food at my beck and call, not just when I'm hungry enough to go and get some... Oh the magic of my metabolism.

bread's done
Back