So is it alright to post "free deals" on the main VG Deal forum?

Camwi

CAGiversary!
I'm just curious about this for future reference. I posted a link to a deal for a free UMD demo (not knowing that the deal was already posted on the Contests and Free Stuff board), and I was first told that I was posting it on the wrong board, and later the thread was locked.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149605

Today, I see threads about a free Command and Conquer download, and three free Ubisoft downloads, which remain open and have had no nasty comments made in them about being on the wrong board.

So is posting "free deals" allowed on the main board or not? Thanks for any help on the matter. I may not be the best at finding deals to share, but I sure as hell try my best!

I think that it's alright when the free thing is a full game such as Command and Conquer, but things such as demos belong in the Contests and Free Stuff section.

Camwi, I'm not sure why the post you mentioned was closed.

As to what should go in the main video deals forum, I would think a free game should only go there if it's free (no referrals or anything like that) and complete (not a demo).

I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me so we can all learn what the specifics are. :)

I too would like to know what the specifics are, as I see there's still a "Free God of War demo" thread floating around on the main board, and it hasn't been closed.

Thanks for the replies, though.

bread's done
Back