So I've Co-created this New Series and I'd Like Some Feedback

Lobsterjohnson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
My friend/co-worker and I have been kicking around this idea for a series where we played shitty games and offered some commentary, but we couldn't decide exactly how we wanted it executed without it being too similar to series already in existence. So yesterday we sat down, played this game we knew was going to be god awful, and recorded it. It turned out to be exactly what we were aiming for. I know I need notes next time (I stumble over my own words far too much) but what do you guys think?

Here's the description from the original post:

We're doing something a little different today.

The First 45 has always been about playing a brand new anticipated title and seeing what it has to offer in the opening moments of gameplay. A quick preview of the gameplay, graphics, and design.

What about those games that literally sold 5 copies? The ones that, we are assuming, nearly nobody played. They deserve some attention too!

And thus we introduce The Last 45 - aptly named because this will probably be the last 45 minutes anyone will EVER spend playing these horrible, atrocious bundles of code.
I'm Dominic in the video, or the guy with the goofier voice:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ADYF3bJp5w[/media]

It's pretty clear you guys had a lot of fun trashing the game.
Might as well keep going.
I didn't find it that entertaining, but the comparison to the picture of the Rock to Toy Story got some laughs out of me.

[quote name='Azumangaman']It's pretty clear you guys had a lot of fun trashing the game.
Might as well keep going.
I didn't find it that entertaining, but the comparison to the picture of the Rock to Toy Story got some laughs out of me.[/QUOTE]

I actually expected the video to be more extreme AVGN type stuff, just a cuss fest, but it was watchable from beginning to end and Azumangaman gave appropriate comments.

I can't say it's the best video of its kind, but it did have its moments and you might as well continue making these video and see where it goes.

I'd prefer to believe that you actually DID sit down and play the game instead of what appears to be voiceover work over a mix of clips. It'd be believable if it didn't cut away to a new level and character every few seconds.

I still wouldn't care, but it'd make it more believable.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Sorry to burst your bubble Lobster...

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/22073[/QUOTE]

The video won't work for me, but I can clearly see that this is the same type of video with the same friggin' game. Thanks for pointing this out. I'm going to try and find the video elsewhere and give it a watch.

[quote name='Scorch']I'd prefer to believe that you actually DID sit down and play the game instead of what appears to be voiceover work over a mix of clips. It'd be believable if it didn't cut away to a new level and character every few seconds.[/QUOTE]

The video is synced to us commenting as we were playing, but I had thought of setting up a camera to be on us as we were playing to make the video more believable as you said. The only reason we didn't do this in the first place is because it requires more video to edit and makes the video longer to produce. We just wanted to sit down and try this out, but as you can see the concept needs some tweaking.

Thanks for the feedback!

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']The video won't work for me, but I can clearly see that this is the same type of video with the same friggin' game. Thanks for pointing this out. I'm going to try and find the video elsewhere and give it a watch.
[/QUOTE]
Hmm, what a coincidence! If you watch the Larger Format or if you download it, it'll work. Good work though on yours, a little to short though.

bread's done
Back