So I've had my PSP for two weeks, how is my game collection so far?

WhoKnowsWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Darkstalkers
LocoRoco
Killzone Liberation
Bounty Hounds
Metal Gear Acid 2
Ridge Racer
Lumines
Lumines 2
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Infected
Mercury Meltdown
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Untold Legends
Go! Sudoku
Burnout Legends

And of course I have some PS1 stuff on my memory card, Tempest X, Persona 2, and R-Type Delta...

Will get Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops later. So what else is worth getting?

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max

If you're into imports I would also suggest either Bleach Heat the Soul 3
Gundam Battle Tactics or Gundam Battle Royale

[quote name='rodeojones903']Syphon Filter
Metal of Honor
Tekken
Pirates[/quote]

Pirates was $20 this week too... Tekken, forgot about that. Medal of Honor, another one though? Is it worth it? I've played so many... Syphon Filter looks good too.

[quote name='whoknows']Metal Gear Acid 2 and Pursuit Force[/quote]

Got MG Acid 2, what is Pursuit Force about and how cheap should I be able to find it? :D

[quote name='coolsteel']Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max

If you're into imports I would also suggest either Bleach Heat the Soul 3
Gundam Battle Tactics or Gundam Battle Royale[/quote]

What does Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max add (other than network support) that I won't get by ripping my PS1 version to the PSP?

Might have to check out those imports, they might be fun.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']
Got MG Acid 2, what is Pursuit Force about and how cheap should I be able to find it? :D[/QUOTE]
I can't read :p

And Pursuit Force can be found for around $20 or less. It can get a little hard, but it's really fun to play.

You're basically a cop and you jump from car to car attacking the bad guys...it's a really good game IMO.

Go watch some gameplay video's and that should give you an idea if it's a game you would like.

Might want to check out the following:

Daxter
Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony
Every Extend Extra
Exit
Gradius Collection
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
IQ Mania (Import)
Me & My Katamari
Mega Man Powered Up
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Powerstone Collection
Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins

There are plenty of decent RPGs as well including the Legend of Heroes series.

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']Pirates was $20 this week too... Tekken, forgot about that. Medal of Honor, another one though? Is it worth it? I've played so many... Syphon Filter looks good too.

Got MG Acid 2, what is Pursuit Force about and how cheap should I be able to find it? :D

What does Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max add (other than network support) that I won't get by ripping my PS1 version to the PSP?

Might have to check out those imports, they might be fun.[/QUOTE]

I found a review that says what the difference is better then I can

http://www.psxextreme.com/scripts/reviews3/review.asp?revID=67

i had ma p2p since november last year...

got like 24 games for it man

best 1 is worms open warfare sick game u shud buy it

Swing by your local Target and grab Wipeout Pure. It is on clearance for 4.98. If they don't have it you can grab it new for 10 or used for 7 at Gamerush. Actually GR is a decent place for cheap psp games. They have Hot Shots for 10 New there as well. You can pick up Pursuit Force and OutRun 2006 for 14 each used if you like those games.

Twisted Metal is also good and can be had on the cheap.

I'd check out Daxter.

Plus, flash that thing to Dark Alex's custom firmware and get into the homebrew scene. It makes the PSP totally worth it.

I like to read ebooks on mine, also, but that's sort of a niche thing.

[quote name='Praeo']I'd check out Daxter.

Plus, flash that thing to Dark Alex's custom firmware and get into the homebrew scene. It makes the PSP totally worth it.

I like to read ebooks on mine, also, but that's sort of a niche thing.[/quote]

How do you think I am playing PS1 games on it? :D I was lucky enough to have a 2.60 out of the box so flashing to Dark Alex's stuff was a piece of cake.

[quote name='shipwreck']Might want to check out the following:

Daxter
Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony
Every Extend Extra
Exit
Gradius Collection
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee
IQ Mania (Import)
Me & My Katamari
Mega Man Powered Up
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Powerstone Collection
Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins

There are plenty of decent RPGs as well including the Legend of Heroes series.[/quote]

Isn't Me & My Katamari a little annoying without two analog sticks? It was only $20 last I saw but I like the home versions a lot... I wouldn't want to waste playing the portable one. I passed on Powerstone Collection at BB a few times now, I never really got into the Dreamcast version. And I couldn't find Dungeon Siege for $10 so I haven't picked it up.

[quote name='DeltaDude']i had ma p2p since november last year...

got like 24 games for it man

best 1 is worms open warfare sick game u shud buy it[/quote]

I like the Worms games too, is it online or only ad-hoc?

[quote name='bstan21']Swing by your local Target and grab Wipeout Pure. It is on clearance for 4.98. If they don't have it you can grab it new for 10 or used for 7 at Gamerush. Actually GR is a decent place for cheap psp games. They have Hot Shots for 10 New there as well. You can pick up Pursuit Force and OutRun 2006 for 14 each used if you like those games.

Twisted Metal is also good and can be had on the cheap.[/quote]

Targets around me didn't have it 'cause I looked. And no Gamerush stores here. :cry: I almost picked up Twisted Metal the other day, but the pawn shop argued about the price on it. It said $5 but then they were like it's supposed to be $12.99 or something like that, so I didn't get it.

[quote name='OuTrAgE']Gitaroo Man Live. Get it.[/quote]

I want to check that one out but dang is it expensive...

Holy crap there is a lot more to buy... :bouncy:

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']

Holy crap there is a lot more to buy... :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yep, there sure is. Sure the PSP isn't the runaway success that the DS is but there are some damn fun games that have come out for it recently. If people would quit spending all their time comparing it to the DS, they'd realize that the PSP isn't a bad little system. I spent the last few months completely ignoring my PSP and I've just recently discovered in the last couple weeks that I had missed out on a lot of great games (I've managed to pick up a lot of them at cheap prices though).

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']Isn't Me & My Katamari a little annoying without two analog sticks? It was only $20 last I saw but I like the home versions a lot... I wouldn't want to waste playing the portable one. I passed on Powerstone Collection at BB a few times now, I never really got into the Dreamcast version. And I couldn't find Dungeon Siege for $10 so I haven't picked it up.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the controls for Katamari aren't that bad. It takes about 15 minutes to get used to them, but after that it's Katamari goodness. There are some pretty fun levels on the PSP version too.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yep, there sure is. Sure the PSP isn't the runaway success that the DS is but there are some damn fun games that have come out for it recently. If people would quit spending all their time comparing it to the DS, they'd realize that the PSP isn't a bad little system. I spent the last few months completely ignoring my PSP and I've just recently discovered in the last couple weeks that I had missed out on a lot of great games (I've managed to pick up a lot of them at cheap prices though).[/quote]

One thing that has kind of sucked is using the analog nub while still needing the L button. My hand just doesn't like that position at all as it starts to hurt so I have to take frequent breaks. Which is a good thing in the end but still sucks! I feel as though a lot of the PSP stuff is meant to be played over a longer period of time, while the DS stuff is more pick up, play, put back down. But it is all good. I think I would have bought a PSP a while back if it had dropped in price, that's why I finally picked one up, with the $40 Circuit City coupon!

I wish the PSP had decent controls, it's the only thing that
really holds it back from being a great little gaming device IMO.

Of course, controllers have never been Sony's strong point.

[quote name='porieux']I wish the PSP had decent controls, it's the only thing that
really holds it back from being a great little gaming device IMO.

Of course, controllers have never been Sony's strong point.[/quote]

That's why they were going to make boomerangs! :D

[quote name='OuTrAgE']Trust me, it's well worth it.

$35 shipped at Amazon doesn't seem too bad.[/quote]

You're talking to a fellow CAG and saying $35 is worth it? Just kidding! :lol: I remember paying $50 for Fear Effect on the Playstation... so much many spent and so few games played!

[quote name='shipwreck']Actually, the controls for Katamari aren't that bad. It takes about 15 minutes to get used to them, but after that it's Katamari goodness. There are some pretty fun levels on the PSP version too.[/quote]

Well, I'll wait for BB to drop in price and pick it up later for $15 then.

[quote name='Sarang01']"Princess Crown" and "DJ Max Portable".[/quote]

I just saw a video of DJ Max Portable, it looks pretty fun, but where do I buy it?

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']You're talking to a fellow CAG and saying $35 is worth it? Just kidding! :lol: I remember paying $50 for Fear Effect on the Playstation... so much many spent and so few games played![/QUOTE]

Haha, I know. JR.com has it for $35 plus shipping (about $2). They take google checkout, so you can get $10 off, making it about $27 shipped. Hell of a deal.

[quote name='shipwreck']Actually, the controls for Katamari aren't that bad. It takes about 15 minutes to get used to them, but after that it's Katamari goodness. There are some pretty fun levels on the PSP version too.[/quote]

Well, got it at Game Crazy for $13.49 I had to buy something, I felt bad making the guy polish 6 disks!

bread's done
Back