So long Chicago CAGs.

bignick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
After two years of collecing unemployment, I got a job back in CT, and Im moving out there this week. Time to party with manimal!

[quote name='rockhero']You really collected unemployment for two years?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sweet huh? $400+ a week too.

[quote name='bignick']Pretty sweet huh? $400+ a week too.[/QUOTE]

Dude, that about quadruples what I make in a week. I'm in the wrong business...

[quote name='tornadomann']Awesome, thats a nice income for not working![/QUOTE]

Yeah, do they require proof of "no employment" to get this?

[quote name='Ledhed']Dude, that about quadruples what I make in a week. I'm in the wrong business...[/QUOTE]
i recomend, daylabor, its off the books, so its a good tax free $240 a week, and thats working four days, six hours

You need to be good as something before the government gives you that kind of money. It's not like they just send you 400 beans a week because you lost your job baggin' snacks for fat people down at El Pollo Loco. The 400 bucks a week is pretty close to the top of the unemployment ladder and it seems like a lot but what if you were making 800 bucks a week or more before you lost your job?

Bottom line, it's all relative to your total earnings in a year.

[quote name='camoor']This is the same "republikan party at all costs" bignick?[/QUOTE]

Actually, the unemployment was from CT, a very liberal state.

JimmieMac is right I was getting the state max. They take the highest earnings from 2 of the last 4 quarters, then give you %60 of that. It varies from state to state, but they are pretty similar.

[quote name='Xevious']Just out of curiosity, what were you doing before you were laid off Big Nick?[/QUOTE]

I was a network admin by day, and a promotions manager by night.

[quote name='bignick']Actually, the unemployment was from CT, a very liberal state.[/QUOTE]

OK.

My point was that you berate the government for overspending every chance you get. Yet you sure took advantage of a bad government policy, and you have the gall to come on here and brag about it.

Unemployment insurance should be a bare minimum wage for those who need a little time to get back on their feet. I may be a moderately liberal, but many years ago my grandfather refused unemployment payment when he lost his job, and he just went out there and got another one 3 months later. I'm damn proud of him for doing it that way.

[quote name='camoor']OK.

My point was that you berate the government for overspending every chance you get. Yet you sure took advantage of a bad government policy, and you have the gall to come on here and brag about it.

Unemployment insurance should be a bare minimum wage for those who need a little time to get back on their feet. I may be a moderately liberal, but many years ago my grandfather refused unemployment payment when he lost his job, and he just went out there and got another one 3 months later. I'm damn proud of him for doing it that way.[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure I have never berated the gov't about overspending.

gotta love republikkkan bigots, leach off the govt and would complain if some black folk were getting welfare, or godforbid, the gays could get married.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Good luck with the new job. Did you graduate college yet?[/QUOTE]

not yet, but the new company pays for it!

i dont know why people get so angry about unemployment or welfare, i say way to fucking go nick. leech every cent you can from the government, you've either already paid it, or will end up paying it back eventully anyways. id rather my tax dollars support lazy people than kill poor people.

$400 a week? jesus christ. You could easily afford a studio in the city, food, beer, transportation and entertainment. Probably even have some left over to put in to a savings account. Nice job. :D

bread's done
Back