So, people actually get naked and shower together in certain places?

Chuplayer

CAGiversary!
I don't get this at all. We never had to shower in gym class at my schools, but people actually do this? And at other places, too?

How is this not the most awkward thing in the entire world? I don't want to be naked around a bunch of other dudes.

How is this not the most awkward thing in the entire world?
People do it a lot of places. We showered at my school, though it was optional.

And it IS the most awkward thing it the entire world.

i showered in my gym with other girls, it wasn't awkward with the other girls... what was awkward was our teacher walking in, and her looking like a straight up bull dyke

I showered for a while after gym, but my gym teacher would stand there and talk to you while you were undressed/getting dressed. That creeped me out enough to stop showering after gym pretty quickly. It is sort of a weird practice, but as long as you keep your eyes up it should not be a big problem, unless you have a perv gym teacher. lol

[quote name='Chuplayer']I don't get this at all. We never had to shower in gym class at my schools, but people actually do this? And at other places, too?

How is this not the most awkward thing in the entire world? I don't want to be naked around a bunch of other dudes.[/QUOTE]

We showered at school back in the day...ehh...it was a shower, you did it, got dressed and went on with the day. There's nothing to be ashamed of, and you don't have to stink half of a day after gym class. I also have showered at a gym before, those some of those showers had more privacy. Still, no big deal.

We didn't shower at my school. I think it was a combination of not having time and the awkwardness. I mean, we did have the showers there.... but they looked like they hadn't been used since my dad attended that school 30 years earlier.

My gym class was always the last class of the day so I never worried about it. I caught the bus/drove home and got cleaned up there.

It's not that awkward IMO. My gym has private shower stalls with curtains etc., but people walk around naked in the locker room etc. I wrap up with a towel myself, but don't feel awkward dressing and undressing.

Just the locker room norm from gym class in school from middle school on up, up through using private gyms in college and beyond. Pretty used to it after 20 years or so of using locker rooms. Hell doesn't even bother me that there are a lot of gay guys at my gym since it's in the area of the city with the largest gay population. Who cares, we all got the same parts.

There were showers at my high school but everybody just took a polish shower (ie: put on some deodorant). I never really sweat so at least I didn't smell after gym. Some of the other dudes did though.

Another thing my school didn't have was doors on the bathroom stalls. So nobody would shit at school. I'd hold it until lunch, sneak out and go home to shit, then sneak back.

In 5th grade we had a school trip to a creepy day camp and they forced everyone to shower. Everybody was embarrassed so somebody suggested a conga line to get rid of the awkwardness. In retrospect, that was the gayest thing I ever experienced. Most fucked up school trip ever. The best was when we went on a nighttime hiking trip and some girl strayed from the path and fell in some quicksand, or maybe it was just a stream, I can't remember.

At my school, only the football players showered after gym. They must have been more comfortable with it than us normal folk.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']There were showers at my high school but everybody just took a polish shower (ie: put on some deodorant). I never really sweat so at least I didn't smell after gym. Some of the other dudes did though.

Another thing my school didn't have was doors on the bathroom stalls. So nobody would shit at school. I'd hold it until lunch, sneak out and go home to shit, then sneak back.

In 5th grade we had a school trip to a creepy day camp and they forced everyone to shower. Everybody was embarrassed so somebody suggested a conga line to get rid of the awkwardness. In retrospect, that was the gayest thing I ever experienced. Most fucked up school trip ever. The best was when we went on a nighttime hiking trip and some girl strayed from the path and fell in some quicksand, or maybe it was just a stream, I can't remember.[/QUOTE]

wtf a conga line shower? who the hell came up with taht idea...

This is only really awkward when one of the guys has a huge hard-on sticking straight out. Which is more awkward though, the dude with the obvious hard-on or the guys staring at it?

This did happen in one of the shower sessions of a gym class I was in.

In four years of high school the guys showered once, the last day of class senior year. It was very odd and creepy, and they made fun of me being gay. It was obviously to look at each other naked on the last day of school so no one could spread rumours. Very weird.

I went hiking in NY a couple weeks back and drove by this sign advertising a Nude Colony hosting a volleyball tournament. That just seems ways too floppy...

The gym I used to go to years ago actually had a hot tub in the locker room, you would regularly see 3-5 naked old guys in it at any given time. Then I switched to Golds and that was nice because they had seperated showers with curtains, however you always still got the old guys who love being naked and the occasional steroided out black dude who loved showing off his 47 inch wang. The gym I go to now is a shithole but it's open 24 hours so most people come on their own time therefore you see less people using the lockerrooms. Unless you are going straight to work from the gym I will never understand the point in using gym showers. I would much rather drive my sweaty ass back home and shower by myself in a private setting. I guess I can understand the real old guys though, there's a good chance alot of them served in the military and when they attended school i'm sure showering after gym class was a normal event.

Don't join the military then. It's only weird if you make it weird really; we did it in high school as when we had gym and had to swim in the pool the chlorine was horribly over used.

I sometimes took a shower if I had time because there would always be someone who walks during the jogs we did and we only would have a couple minutes to change and get to the bus.I was on the wrestling team too and we had to take a shower or else we would get ringworm. I was also lucky yhat I had p.e. as my last class but it sucked because its hot as fuck!

[quote name='vic_x51']/\ Prison[/QUOTE]

fo sho... what never seen a movie? WTF?

some people are happy with the way they look, therefore, as long as you aren't drinking them in they don't care about being nude in front of peeps.

Now if you are gonna be a dick about it, you can get your ass kicked, but don't oogle my cock yo!

seeing as I am in the military: I've had to shower in an open bay before on several occasions. It is only as awkward as you let it be really....or as awkward as the weirdest person in the group makes it be. Either way, general unspoken rules apply: It is like the urinal rules. If there's 5 urinals, when there's already someone pissing in the far left one, you don't take the urinal right next to the person, you go as far away from the person as you can.
Another reason why once the "Don't ask don't tell" policy is lifted things will be awkward for everyone in the shower.

fuck no! Guys in my high school would use the shower room to piss in if someone else was using the one urinal in the locker room. I remember my senior year in track, two other seniors grabbed one of the sophomores into the shower room, lay him on the floor, and turned the shower on him for a second. He barely got wet, but he puked afterwards from the stench of piss and water.

I agree with everyone who says it's only awkward if you make it or if someone else does. I used to take showers after gym or after practice. When I lived in Japan I got really use to getting naked and sitting it hot water with naked guys at the onsen (hot springs). Not a big deal - though from time to time I would catch old japanese men staring at me and that would get a little awkward.

It's no big deal man. Just go about your business. Chicks don't dig on stinky guys so use that as motivation.

[quote name='Wolve11']
Another reason why once the "Don't ask don't tell" policy is lifted things will be awkward for everyone in the shower.[/QUOTE]

Still no reason for awkwardness. Like I said before, the gym I go to now is in midtown Atlanta which has a huge gay population, so lots of gay guys, gay couples working out together etc. in my gym.

I don't find the locker room any more awkward than other gyms I've worked out in. The gay guys play by the rules of not taking the stall next to one in use, not staring, not walking around naked any more than necessary just like the straight guys.

At every gym I've been too the only issue on those front is the old guys (like 60+ that walk around talking to people, brush their teeth etc. etc. buck naked.

As I recall, when I was in HS (years ago) no one showered after gym, with the only exception being after swimming. Our pool had so much chlorine in it that it would turn your hair a few shades lighter after a semester of swimming in it.

In junior high every kid used to bring in their swim trunks and switch into those after gym class to take a shower.:D

Of course the most awkward shower moment for me was working the Woodstock concert in '94. I used to always wait till late at night to take my shower alone. So I go into the men's shower tent, undress and start my shower. Then I start to wake up n realize there's a woman standing across from me taking a shower.:shock:

I was like a deer in headlights for a moment or two. Then I think I offered to wash her back like a true perv.:lol: She just kinda smirked, finished her shower and left.:whistle2:#

Thing is, she was like a D cup and about 4-5 inches or more taller than me, so I got her chest right at eye level.;)

There were a few people that would shower after PE when I was in High School, but I never did. I thought about it once but that same day some "special needs" kid jerked off in the shower when everyone was heading out of PE, so noone ever really used them after that. I was lucky that my PE was right before lunch so I would run home, but my class after lunch wasn't so lucky because I would ditch it and stay home on occasion.

[quote name='Wolve11']Another reason why once the "Don't ask don't tell" policy is lifted things will be awkward for everyone in the shower.[/QUOTE]

It is actually sad you think that.

I don't get this at all. We never had guys collecting dolls back in my day, but people actually do this? And make blogs with pictures, too?

How is this not the most awkward thing in the entire world? I don't want to read a dudes posts about how he gets off on anime girls.

[quote name='Malik112099']It is actually sad you think that.[/QUOTE]

It is a sentiment shared throughout the military community as is evident by the questionnaire sent out to us.

[quote name='seanr1221']I don't get this at all. We never had guys collecting dolls back in my day, but people actually do this? And make blogs with pictures, too?

How is this not the most awkward thing in the entire world? I don't want to read a dudes posts about how he gets off on anime girls.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='seanr1221']I don't get this at all. We never had guys collecting dolls back in my day, but people actually do this? And make blogs with pictures, too?

How is this not the most awkward thing in the entire world? I don't want to read a dudes posts about how he gets off on anime girls.[/QUOTE]

You win this thread.

I remember how they told us to shower after gym class in 6th grade, but most of us avoided it.

That reminds me, I remember a substitute teacher (name was Mr. Moore) who was gay. Unfortunately, he use to sub our gym class a lot, tell all us guys to shower, then stare at us the entire time. He ended up getting fired over some similar incident though.

Now this thread is starting to make sense. OP is most likely a nerdy, awkward virgin, lacks confidence, and is ashamed of his either frail and skinny or morbidly obese body, so he is afraid he is being judged.

[quote name='Wolve11']It is a sentiment shared throughout the military community as is evident by the questionnaire sent out to us.[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't. I separated from the Air Force last April after 10 years of service and most guys I knew didn't give 2 shits about don't ask don't tell. You aren't going to be taking a shower and then look down and have a guy randomly blowing you.

You got a questionnaire because someone high enough in your chain of command is a paranoid idiot. If you have been in long enough you know shit pans out according to the dumbest guy with the most brass on his shoulder.

[quote name='opterasis']Now this thread is starting to make sense. OP is most likely a nerdy, awkward virgin, lacks confidence, and is ashamed of his either frail and skinny or morbidly obese body, so he is afraid he is being judged.[/QUOTE]I guess you haven't seen his blogs yet.

I wonder if the Chuplayer will make a blog now with all his dolls naked in the shower taking pictures.

we had to shower every day after gym when we had to swim in the pool.

very few schools probally have pools... to this day i dont know what pools have to do with gym classes...

now though that school doesnt even have the pool anymore.. filled it up and made it into a computer room.. insurance cost were just too high.... had our class reunion a few years back and was sort of sad seeing the pool gone

[quote name='Malik112099']No, it isn't. I separated from the Air Force last April after 10 years of service and most guys I knew didn't give 2 shits about don't ask don't tell. You aren't going to be taking a shower and then look down and have a guy randomly blowing you.

You got a questionnaire because someone high enough in your chain of command is a paranoid idiot. If you have been in long enough you know shit pans out according to the dumbest guy with the most brass on his shoulder.[/QUOTE]

Maybe there's a difference in opinion amongst Air Force and Army people then. Most people in the Army that I know (also at 10 years of service but I'm still active) do not want the Don't Ask don't tell policy to be lifted.
As for your comment about looking down having some random dude blowing you, of course that doesn't happen. Yet it is uncomfortable and wrong to have to take a shower in an open bay with a person that could potentially be sexually interested in you. Would all girls feel comfortable with guys showering with them? Of course not, and that's what it boils down to. There's a seperation between men and women in shower facilities for a reason. Since nobody has a real solution about this they sent out a questionnaire on people's thoughts. I'm glad they at least ask us for our feedback.

bread's done
Back