So what $4.99 games did everyone end up buying today at Best BUy???

starman98

CAGiversary!
What did everyone end up buying??? I got Hulk, Voodie Vince and Auto Modellista that was all that was in stock.

damn thought I never see this many seperate threads on the same topic.....wasted trip for me...wish I would've save the gas money instead of driving around CT for nada...

I went to 5 different stores before I found this the stores in Texas suck ass..only one store had 4 $5 games.

I got (through friends):

Indiana Jones
Alien vs. Predator ($10)
Goblin Commander (for trade)
Resident Evil Dead Aim (for trade)
Disaster Report
Silent Hill 2
The Hobbit GBA
Lost Kingdoms 2
Crimson Sea
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer ($1)

and placed an online order early this morning that probably won't go through.

If anyone wants Resident Evil Dead Aim or Goblin Commander, I will trade for Wario World or Wario Ware GBA.

Picked up in 2 separate Best Buys in NYC: Disney Skate, Lethal Skies II (PS2), Feedom Fighters, Roadkill, Goblin Commander (XBox), and Star Wars Clone Wars (GC). Not to mention the 9 games that I have on backorder with BestBuy.com that I hope come through. All in all, it was a very productive day!

I got this online:

Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
Dark Cloud
Devil May Cry 2
Final Fantasy Origins
Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
SimCity 2000
Soul Blade

Bestbuy in Berlin, MA

Metal arms(xbox)
Unlimited saga(Ps2)
Goblin commander(xbox)
Hulk(xbox)
Kelley slaters prosurfer(xbox)
Dinocrisis 3(xbox)
Chaos legion x2(ps2)
Monster rancher 4 (Ps2)
Sphinx(GC)
RE 1 directors cut (PSOne)

I scored these at the West LA best Buy:
Summoner 2 (PS2)
4X4 Evolution (PS2)
Reel Fishing III (PS2)
Powerpuff Girls (PS2)
Armored Core 3 (PS2)
Big Mutha Truckers (XBox)
Metal Arms:Glitch in the System (XBox)
Freedom Fighters (XBox) 2 copies, one for a friend
Motor Trend Lotus Challenge (XBox)
Nascar Thunder 2003 (XBox)
Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines (XBox)
Legends of Wrestling II (XBox)
The Great Escape (XBox)
ATV Quad Power Racing 2 (GC)
Backyard Hockey (GBA)
The Hobbit (GBA)
Fairly Odd Parents! Breakin' Da Rules (GBA)

18 games at 4.99, used the GGC towards a Rewards Zone card for $5.00 and added a bunch of Zone points!

I got Wario World and Megaman NT. Not sure if I will be keeping MMNT, but for $5, it's probably got enough old school flavor to make it worth keeping ;)

I got FF Origins, Wild Arms 3, X2 Wolverine's Revenge and XGRA, but then the only one in hand is Wild Arms, everything else will hopefully ship soon.

And this really belongs in bragging

Ordered Freedom Fighters, Beyond Good and Evil, Enter the Matrix, and Twisted Metal Black off bestbuy.com, but they're on backorder.
I couldn't find anything in store.

The selections here were few, but I did manage to pick up Wario Ware (GBA) and Wario World (GCN) for 5 bucks each.

They had SSX3 for GBA as well, but I passed. Now I'm kinda wishing I hadn't.

Got Gladius (GC) and Disaster Report (PS2). There were a bunch of basketball games, and Rocky, but I'm not into basketball, and I've already got Fight Night, which is enough boxing for me, and likely better than Rocky, anyway.

seppo

B&M - Auto Modellista and Parappa Rapper 2
online - Twisted Metal Black, Indiana Jones (PS2), Reel Fishing 3, Enter the Matrix (gc), Freedom Fighters (GC), spongebob (GBA)

Hopefully my mom will clean up in my hometown the rest of what I wanted

My local BB only had one $5 game - Everquest online adventures. I ordered four online - but I'm not going to get too excited until I have them in hand.

I got Haven and Robotech. It's all I had money for, I'm broke as a joke. They had Matt Hoffman 2, Evolution Skateboarding, Legends of Wrestling II, and some GBA games (but nothing good). I wish I had more cash.

Haven
T3:ROTM
Spyro (GBA)
PowerPuff Girlz

and for 9.99
Legaea 2

I really wish I would have bought Mary Kate and Ashely too... I'm sure it would have been enough laughs to warrant the $5. I cleared out every last game they had there except for those MK&A games and 2 more copies of Powerpuff Girlz.

I also ordered a mess online with only Nightcaster 2 not backordered.

They only had Battlebots, Beyblade and Reel Fishing. I got the first two. But the stupid workers were bragging about how they got all the good stuff this morning. Bastards...

Hulk-Xbox
Agressive Inline-Xbox
ESPN NFL Footaball-2K4-Xbox
Goblin Commander-Xbox

Wario World-GC
I-Ninja-GC

Devil May Cry 2- PS2
Freaky Flyers- $.99-PS2
Smuggler's Run-PS2
Clock Tower 3-PS2

I picked up (all X-Box):

Indiana Jones
Crimson Sea
Syberia
NHL Hitz Pro
Blinx
Red Faction 2

And I passed up quite a few more. Good stuff.

I saw a couple of Golden Sun: The Lost Age, Wario World, Mega Man Network Transmission, and Final Fantasy Origins at the Best Buy at Riverside, CA. Got one of each. A few still there but they do not show up on the BestBuy.com website.....weird.

I got Wario World (FINALLY) and snagged Legaia 2 for $9.99.

Damn Chicago Best Buys being sold out of all the semi-older stuff.....grr.

What are of Texas do you live in Starman?

I just went to the Ducanville store and got 7 different games, some for me, some for gifts.

The look on the clerk was priceless.

Kill.Switch
NHL Hitz Pro
Apex

Does each BB store have diffrent games at $5 or are the game prices uniform for all BB's. I saw A Beyond Good & Evil (ps2) for 19.99 unmarked while all the others were clearly placed at 4.99. Also, how long do you thihk this deal will last for?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I believe our store had Clock Tower 3, but that's it. And I didn't want that.

A big shame, too. I wanted like 3-4 games from that master list... the employees didn't even know about this deal! I had to tell them about it, then they had to look it up... Stupid employees...

Picked up at Best Buy B&M
Xbox ESPN Football 2004 $4.99
Xbox Evil Dead: A Fistful of BoomStick $4.99
Xbox Murakumo: Renegade Mech Pursuit $4.99
Xbox Capcom VS SNK 2 EO $4.99
Xbox Syberia $4.99
Xbox Aliens VS Predator Extinction $4.99
Xbox Otogi $9.99
Gamecube Rocky $4.99
Gamecube Warioworld $4.99
Gamecude Big Mutha Truckers $4.99
PS2 Lethal Skies $4.99
PS2 Auto Modellista $4.99
PS1 Soul Balde $4.99

PS2 Silent Hill2
PS1 Final Fantasy Orgins
PS2 Wolverines Revenge
PS2 Twisted Metal Black
PS1 Soul Blade
Xbox Nightcaster 2
PS2 Reel Fishing 3
Gamecube Enter the Matrix

No stores close to me in Santa Cruz, but I managed to get FFOrigins and SC2k online (my crappy sleep patern finally works for me!) before they went backordered. I may send a friend to check for any in-store leftovers in Sacramento tomorrow.

Got these in the store in san marcos tx...

Haunted Mansion-gc-3 copies
Haunted Mansion-xbx-4 copies
Rayman 3-ps2-1 copy
Rayman 3-xbx-1 copy
Disneys extreme skate-xbx-1 copy
Disneys extreme skate-ps2-1 copy
Lost Kingdoms II-gc-2 copies-comes with free mem card
BattleStar Galactica-xbx-1 copy
Smash Cars-ps2-1 copy
Jimmy Neutron-ps2-1 copy
Mega man network transmission-gc-3 copies
Lotr-fellowship-ps2-2 copies [quote name='starman98']I went to 5 different stores before I found this the stores in Texas suck ass..only one store had 4 $5 games.[/quote]

[quote name='starman98']What did everyone end up buying??? I got Hulk, Voodie Vince and Auto Modellista that was all that was in stock.[/quote]

Hey starman98, did the Plano store have quite a few copies of Voodoo Vince? Also, was it at the 75 & Parkler location?

They only had one voodo vince and 3 hulks and 2 auto modellistas.

auto modellista dn hulk sucks anyway i got a $10 piece of garbage

I can't complain! I went to Best Buy, and the only game they had was Gladius (GCN). Picked that up, then went to Circuit City. I had printed out some of the Web pages from BestBuy.com. I found Amped (XBOX) and Pac Man Fever (PS2). Not only did CC match the price, they gave me 110%, so I got both of those for $3.49 each!!!

I walked into the store to pick up the 2 games that I had ordered online to pick up at the store (SimCity 2000 GBA and Haunted Mansion GC). They were just marking down a bunch of games to 4.99 so I also got:

For GBA:
Fairly Odd Parents
Disney Extreme Skakeboarding
Megaman 2
Fifa Soccer

And for the GC:
The Hulk
Freedom Force (may be up for trade)
Wario World (may be up for trade)
I-Ninja
NHL Hitz
4 X 4 Monster Trucks
ATV 2
Enter the Matrix

They had a ton of titles for the X-Box and PS2. I wasn't sure what people wanted on CAG so I came home and looked and then went back and almost everything was wiped out (BB is only 5 min away). When I was picking out my games there were a lot of employees carting off their copies.

son of a bitch! I had no idea about this ridiculous sale! I just bout origins for 15. I'll probably go to my local BB to see if they have any left. How did you people find this deal??

Evil Dead: Fistfull of Boomstick (PS2)
Powerpuff Girls: Relish Rampage (PS2)
Tribes: Aerial Assualt (PS2)

All $4.99.

Dammit! I passed up a copy of Resident Evil: Dead Aim b/c it still had a $39.99 sticker on it!

-- Howard

Metal Arms (XB) and Godzilla DAMM (GC). It was such a stroke of luck for me to actually find these games. On top of that, they were both the last copies on the shelf.

bread's done
Back