So what does everyone drive?

2007 Ford Ranger bought it brand new 4 years ago. the first car i bought for over 3grand. before that i owned a 93 buick skylark. (the newest car i owned before i bought my truck)

[quote name='Anexanhume']I didn't know you existed. I assumed all of the owners were people who were given them for one reason or another.[/QUOTE]

After working at a car place, they exist and as such, they're crazy. I had one guy almost break down and cry when we sold one we had.

I have to say that there's just no good alternative to them if you like that style. The closest thing is the HHR but it feels like a hearse.

I drive my 2001 Dodge Stratus (just broke 111,000 miles) and my Dad's 88 Monte Carlo SS.

I plan to in a few years pick up a 2006-2007 Dodge Charger AWD. But we will see. If the Stratus dies I'll have to do it sooner.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I didn't know you existed. I assumed all of the owners were people who were given them for one reason or another.

09 focus and 10 flex. Don't plan on getting another car for quite a while.[/QUOTE]

I like it because it looks a little unique plus can basically turn into something like a station wagon, which I also always liked. When I first got it I got a lot of compliments, but I don't think I will break down and cry when I need to get rid of it.

I've got a 01 jetta that I drive And a 08 Mazda3 Touring edition which the wife drives(even though both cars are in my name).I just paid off the vw 2 months ago Still owe 9grand on the Mazda which I bought brand new cause that's what the wife had to have!).I just bought a house in Jan and I'm thinking bout getting a truck Cause loading up the back of a car with a bunch of shit from Home Depot kinda sucks.(had to borrow a work van just to buy a lawn mower)By the way guys, this is how marriage works,I pay for both cars but get to drive the old shitty one!

[quote name='spamjizz']I've got a 01 jetta that I drive And a 08 Mazda3 Touring edition which the wife drives(even though both cars are in my name).I just paid off the vw 2 months ago Still owe 9grand on the Mazda which I bought brand new cause that's what the wife had to have!).I just bought a house in Jan and I'm thinking bout getting a truck Cause loading up the back of a car with a bunch of shit from Home Depot kinda sucks.(had to borrow a work van just to buy a lawn mower)By the way guys, this is how marriage works,I pay for both cars but get to drive the old shitty one![/QUOTE]

But you get to park your old car in her garage.

I have a 1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi. Really haven't had many issues with it, and I've had it since high school (2002/2003). Got about 135,000 miles these days.

Girlfriend has a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's falling apart...though it wasn't in the greatest shape when she got it originally (few years back).

I'm a four door luxury/sedan kind of guy. Been eyeing the Hyandai Sonatas for a while now. May pick one up once my Cirrus starts having issues.

[quote name='PR Mega X']2008 Chevy Silverado[/QUOTE]
Oh cool, is that a 1500, 2500, or 3500?
Is it a 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive?
Is it a standard, extended or crew cab?

As for myself, I own a 2001 Police Interceptor that is a gas hog.

I drive a blue 2001 Honda CRV and I just love it =P.. used to drive my dads Honda Civic but we had a lot of issues with it and I just didn't like the car lol now I want a really small car that they had displayed at the Suzuki dealership, tho I don't know the model or anything (it's pink! xD)

[quote name='Anexanhume']I didn't know you existed. I assumed all of the owners were people who were given them for one reason or another.
[/QUOTE]

My uncle's had one for some years and loves it. Why I don't know, it's fugly, drives like shit, and gets bad gas mileage for its size, but hey...

Personally, I just got a 2011 Prius. \\:D/

I have a 98 Ford Contour. Got it pretty cheap and it's in good condition and only had 66k miles when I got it. Better than the 2005 F-150 that I was previously using. 30 mpg to 14 mpg? YES PLEASE! I was going to get an old 1991 Mercedes, but everyone kept telling me it was a drug dealer car. That and the repairs are too expensive on the damn thing.

08 Ultrasonic blue Lexus ISF - love the car. Tons of power, fantastic super quick transmission. It's a blast to play with on open roads in sport more with the traction control off but still very civil and usable as a daily driver in automatic mode. A useable back seat was also a must have due to my first son being born.

2011 VW GTI, after my 2010 GTI was rear ended. Wanted something fun with decent MPG, performance, and interior/exterior. My friend helped me learn to drive a manual transmission so that's also why I originally got the 2010.

[quote name='VipFREAK']^Bet the MPG is good too.[/QUOTE]

21 mpg, which is about what I got from my old Cobra's, but I didn't buy it for gas mileage. I care far more about really enjoying my drive than gas costs or MPG.

When I bought this car it was between the ISF, CTS-V and C63 AMG and after looking at the performance of each car, trade in value I was getting for my old car, and how much the dealer was going to negotiate, the ISF was the best buy. Not to mention I just loved the blue on the ISF, the other 2 would have been black.

Ideally I would have picked up a CTS-V but I couldnt' find a used 09+ with the specs I was looking for at a price I considered fair value, which was basically under $50k at the time.

The ISF is paid for and I'm planning on keeping it for 3-4 years at which time I plan to move back into a pure coupe, maybe a used 2012 GTR or something similar.

[quote name='davo1224']Oh wow. Someone has a Dodge/Chrysler that's lasted more than a couple of years. Do you never drive it or do you just sink tons of money into it?[/QUOTE]

All I've done is change one ball joint, other then that nothing special. It's got 127,000 miles on it, I don't know if you consider that a lot of driving or not.

[quote name='BillyBob29']21 mpg, which is about what I got from my old Cobra's, but I didn't buy it for gas mileage. I care far more about really enjoying my drive than gas costs or MPG.

When I bought this car it was between the ISF, CTS-V and C63 AMG and after looking at the performance of each car, trade in value I was getting for my old car, and how much the dealer was going to negotiate, the ISF was the best buy. Not to mention I just loved the blue on the ISF, the other 2 would have been black.

Ideally I would have picked up a CTS-V but I couldnt' find a used 09+ with the specs I was looking for at a price I considered fair value, which was basically under $50k at the time.

The ISF is paid for and I'm planning on keeping it for 3-4 years at which time I plan to move back into a pure coupe, maybe a used 2012 GTR or something similar.[/QUOTE]

That CTS-V won me over except for the cheap feeling interior. I loved the performance, size, etc, but hated how cheap everything felt on the inside. I'd still probably buy one though.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']My uncle's had one for some years and loves it. Why I don't know, it's fugly, drives like shit, and gets bad gas mileage for its size, but hey...

Personally, I just got a 2011 Prius. \\:D/[/QUOTE]

Congrats. Considered one myself, but went with a Focus because it was just the right size and price for me and the gas consumption is siginificantly low for an engine car.

[quote name='mtxbass1']That CTS-V won me over except for the cheap feeling interior. I loved the performance, size, etc, but hated how cheap everything felt on the inside. I'd still probably buy one though.[/QUOTE]

I never test drove the V sedan but I did take out a V coupe. While I do like the interior on my Lexus more, the overall fit and finish feels superior to the V, I didn't see anything really wrong with the V's interior. Sure it wasn't top shelf material but it also didn't feel like your typical GM car. The interior wouldn't have kept me from buying one if I could have found a black 6 speed, recaro package, ultraview moon roof, less than 20k miles at a dealer that wasn't going to completly low ball me on my trade in.

My main problem with the V was that I couldn't find a manual transmission with recaro seats and that the paddle shifted automatic just wasn't very smooth........not to mention they weren't actually paddles but small buttons on the back of the steering wheel that I personally thought felt a little weird to actually use and the transmission itself felt clunky.

[quote name='BillyBob29']21 mpg, which is about what I got from my old Cobra's, but I didn't buy it for gas mileage. I care far more about really enjoying my drive than gas costs or MPG.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a long drive or something? The cars you listed are fine an all but... Not very realistic these days. If it's not car insurance, it's gas, if it's not gas, it's a speeding ticket. No thanks, I'd rather keep the extra money in my pocket.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Do you have a long drive or something? The cars you listed are fine an all but... Not very realistic these days. If it's not car insurance, it's gas, if it's not gas, it's a speeding ticket. No thanks, I'd rather keep the extra money in my pocket.[/QUOTE]

"Realistic" is all a matter of perspective and your personal budget. I work from home so I'm not worried about a daily commute but on average I'd say I drive about 800 miles a month. My wife and I combine for about $250 a month in gasoline expenses. Insurance is higher than on a normal sedan, I pay about $100 a month, but nothing super high. I've got quite a few policies so there is a nice multi-policy discount.

Speeding tickets are completely up to you. I've been driving high horsepower cars since I was 17 and all my speeding tickets came under the age of 20. Haven't had a ticket in over 10 years. Just because a car has power doesn't mean you are speeding all the time. While I like to let the back end swing out from time to time and test the 0-60 time, I'm not foolish about it. I don't street race and I don't mess around in areas with heavy traffic.

I work in finance so maintaining a very safe, comfortable budget, is always a top priority for me especially given the natural risks I take daily while trading. I save the vast majority of my income simply because I watched friends in the industry go bankrupt almost overnight during the last market crash and I've made sure that the same will not happen to me, regardless of market conditions. I live a very modest lifesytle overall, cars are the one area that I splurge on, well cars and my son. I'm looking forward to getting my son a little power wheels style Lamborghini next year when he is old enough.;)

I drive a 2003 Ford F-150. I have 67,000 miles on it. I need a big vehicle sine I am really tall and I haul things as needed. I always wanted one. I used to drive a 93 Lincoln Continental before I bought that truck. The F150 was my first new vehicle. I really like the new muscle cars out now. The Camaro and Challenger are hot fire.

[quote name='BillyBob29']08 Ultrasonic blue Lexus ISF - love the car. Tons of power, fantastic super quick transmission. It's a blast to play with on open roads in sport more with the traction control off but still very civil and usable as a daily driver in automatic mode. A useable back seat was also a must have due to my first son being born.[/QUOTE]

That is a very nice ride you got there. IS-F is a beast and surprising that Lexus could make a hot sports sedan. I know the IS300 was the hot one before but it still didnt compare with what was out when that car was released. This bad boy though can compete with the M3s and RS4s.

[quote name='BillyBob29']08 Ultrasonic blue Lexus ISF - love the car. Tons of power, fantastic super quick transmission. It's a blast to play with on open roads in sport more with the traction control off but still very civil and usable as a daily driver in automatic mode. A useable back seat was also a must have due to my first son being born.[/QUOTE]

Dude, did you get it used? You might have my father's car. Same color, same model year (I believe), same model. I fucking LOVED that car so fucking much. And he traded it in for a BMW. Damn him. Damn him to hell.

[quote name='2DMention']Congrats. Considered one myself, but went with a Focus because it was just the right size and price for me and the gas consumption is siginificantly low for an engine car.[/QUOTE]

I test drove the 2012 Focus and didn't like it, though it does have great mileage. The Fiesta drove better IMO. But we looked under the hood of the Fiesta and it looked shoddily made (my husband is a former automotive engineer). So Ford was out. The Prius was out of my initial price range but I think it's a good investment. It'll definitely last 10+ years likely with no major repairs. And 50 MPG, LOL.

I have 2 cars...

2008 Acura TL Type S - Got my wheels stolen from it 10 months after having gotten it. Lowered it and bought the upgraded wheels with the insurance money

DSC05296.jpg

1992 Toyota Pick-Up - Seriously if you ever need to buy a reliable truck get one of these Toyota pick-ups with the 22-RE engine, I paid $1000 for mine. Those things are immortal, mine has more than 275,000 miles and its still runs strong, it has more miles than that but the odometer crapped out and mile counter doesn't move anymore. Go figure the odometer crapped out before the engine lol... I trust this little pick -up more than my 08.

bread's done
Back