So what is the story with Metal Gear Portable Ops plus?

Purkeynator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
148 (100%)
After being unable to find Metal Gear Portable Ops at my local Circuit City stores when it went on clearance to $17 I decided to hold off until Portable Ops plus came out. There were rumors it was a stand alone expansion and rumors that it included the original game. The game was supposed to launch in November. However as we closer to its release information has dried up. I asked about it at Gamestop and they did not have it in the system to preorder. Most stores stopped carrying the original Portable Ops and it was even out of stock at Konami's website. It has been out of stock at Amazon for a while. Meanwhile Gamestop dropped the price on the original game to $17 used. This would lead you to believe the game was either going greatest hits or going to be replaced with Portable ops plus. However after doing some checking today it seems the original Portable ops is back in stock at Konami's website and the price is $40. The Portable Ops plus is not even showing on their website as coming soon. I checked Playasia's website and the game shows up under two different price points, $20 and $25 but both appear to be the same description. There is also a deluxe pack with the same description for $45. What the hell is going on and why is it so damned hard to get a straight answer on if this game is coming out in the U.S. , what will the price will be, and if the original game is included or if you already have to have the original game to play plus? Anyone?

that article is pretty old. You DO NOT need the original to play plus. Plus is a game by itself, but it doesnt have the story mode. As for Plus it is listed on gamestop.com with a release date next month

[quote name='62t']that article is pretty old. You DO NOT need the original to play plus. Plus is a game by itself, but it doesnt have the story mode. As for Plus it is listed on gamestop.com with a release date next month[/quote]
Link? You've claimed this before and failed to provide a link when asked. Nothing I've read has said anything beside it needing the original to be played.

In a related question, is there really any reason to get MGS:pO+ if you already own the regular version and have interest in playing multiplayer?

[quote name='Halo05']In a related question, is there really any reason to get MGS:pO+ if you already own the regular version and have interest in playing multiplayer?[/quote]
Yeah, MGO will get some new stages (from what I've seen, a lot are returning stages from the original MGO), characters (Old Snake and others), and modes.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yeah, MGO will get some new stages (from what I've seen, a lot are returning stages from the original MGO), characters (Old Snake and others), and modes.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, MGS:pO has been much better than I expected after the horrible Splinter Cell game on PSP.

[quote name='Halo05']Excellent, MGS:pO has been much better than I expected after the horrible Splinter Cell game on PSP.[/quote]
I think that's the difference between putting a great team on a PSP game and a mediocre team on a PSP game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Link? You've claimed this before and failed to provide a link when asked. Nothing I've read has said anything beside it needing the original to be played.[/QUOTE]
Because the import version is out and people played it?

[quote name='62t']Because the import version is out and people played it?[/quote]
If someone on the internet says so, it must be true?

Found this Amazon listing that says it's just for uploading soldiers from MPO into +. That wasn't so hard.

the uploading is optional. Right now many people on gamefaqs have played the game and had confirmed that you dont need the original. If it were just 1 or 2 people they might be wrong, but I am going to believe a board. I am getting the iso right now just to prove it. Would you prefer that I make a youtube video so you can see it for yourself?

[quote name='62t']the uploading is optional. Right now many people on gamefaqs have played the game and had confirmed that you dont need the original. If it were just 1 or 2 people they might be wrong, but I am going to believe a board. I am getting the iso right now just to prove it. Would you prefer that I make a youtube video so you can see it for yourself?[/quote]
No, the link I posted says enough. I don't know why that was too hard for you to do.

the amazon link you posted didnt say anything about requiring the original. Anyway we will know who is right when the US version is out

[quote name='62t']the amazon link you posted didnt say anything about requiring the original. Anyway we will know who is right when the US version is out[/quote]
Right here:

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus is a standalone addition to last year's award winning title of the same name.

[quote name='62t']the amazon link you posted didnt say anything about requiring the original. Anyway we will know who is right when the US version is out[/QUOTE]

The link he posted says exactly what you are saying..... that the only link between the two games is being able to upload old teams from PO that you may have.

bread's done
Back