So when should we see the huge price drop on Rock band?

Kb-smoker

CAGiversary!
I went to 2 different walmart and best buy this weeks. Each store have about 50 copies of rock band for the different systems. No way they will clear this stock at the $150+. Think it will be a couple weeks after easter??

It doesn't matter if they make money or not. If it doesn't sell, price goes down simply supply and demand. I'd say give it a couple month and look closely.

I believe it has outsold Guitar Hero 3 on the 360, so it is definitely shifting units at a healthy pace.

It should be a reasonably popular buy with newer 360 owners each month as well.

I think a price drop would be more closely tied to plans of a Rock Band 2, which are far off as far as we know currently.

If you're seeing it at $150, like at Amazon, then you're not looking at MSRP, which is $169.99 for the HD consoles.

i don't think there will be a huge price drop. I mean both the Best Buys I frequent have stacks and stacks of GHII that are only 20 bucks off 79.xx. That is incredibly slow for price drops considering the game was released almost a year and half ago.

You're living up to your name if you really think the bundle is going to get a price drop anytime soon.

It'll get a drop when it stops moving units hand over foot. The $150 price on Amazon is to match a Circuit City sale this week.

Well once all the peripherals come out and people see how much it would be to buy it all apart. Drums $79.99, Game $59.99, Guitar $59.99, and Mic $49.99....thats a total of $249.99. People will realize that $149.99 on sale or $169.99 Regular is way better. There will not be any more drops in price because there is no reason for it.

No reason to beside....the fact they have tons of this game sitting on the selves. Go check out best buy they have STACKS of this game.

NJMane The game is around $40 now, drums have drop a lot[$10 already]. mic like $30, and guitar ...well it a POS so who cares. I plan to use my GHII and III controllers.

So I priced out just buying mic, game and drums. Its like $130 which is crazy.

i dont think it's dropping any lower. It's already below msrp at 149.00 which is the lowest I've seen so far. Don't think it's going down any time soon.

No reason to beside....the fact they have tons of this game sitting on the selves. Go check out best buy they have STACKS of this game.
That's your store. Also, BB always has a stack of something. As an earlier poster said, stores still have stacks of Guitar Hero 2, but they're still $80, despite coming out for the 360 almost a year ago.

NJMane The game is around $40 now, drums have drop a lot[$10 already]. mic like $30, and guitar ...well it a POS so who cares. I plan to use my GHII and III controllers.
You're quoting a sale price on the game. The game still retails $60. The drums are $80. And the fact that you have a guitar doesn't mean much. Not everyone has owned Guitar Hero games. I never did, but I still bought Rock Band. Plus, even if someone has a guitar already or even multiple guitars, they might want an extra around.

your store has tons of them because they are being restock. Something thats restock is not going to have a huge price drop.

[quote name='Kb-smoker']drop to $147 at WALMART....

About $120 and then I will jump on it. :)[/QUOTE]

Why would you jump on it if the guitar is a POS?

Obviously, you haven't actually used it.

I played the PS3 version that my friend has. His guitar already broke twice lucky for him we have friends that work at best buy and they let him just return it. I just don't like how it doesn't "click" like the GH. Plus they seem to break A LOT....

Anyway I jumped on the amazon deal for the drums for $54 and got the mic off ebay for $13 shipped. Hopefully I can find the game for under $40 shipped ....

bread's done
Back